Mythic Brakenspore Talents?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Breaktheice

Mythic Brakenspore Talents?

Unread postby Breaktheice Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 am

Hey!

We're still progressing on this fight. I'm not quite liking Frost on this fight given its 2 yd Splitting Ice range (or something silly like that), and I've decided to try Arcane. Worst case scenario I'll revert back to Frost. Best case I enjoy myself (I do enjoy Arcane more than Frost in 6.0.3+)

So my talent choices for this fight would be (the important ones)

Ice Floes (over Blazing Speed here so that when the tiny mushrooms come out I can keep my rotation going. Also if we need to move for a Green/Blue mushroom I can keep casting)

Nether Tempest (collateral damage on big add + boss + any spore shooters than spawn nearby).

Incanter's Flow (there might be too much movement for RoP? Correct me if I'm wrong please).

Overpowered (over Arcane Orb and PC so I hopefully can extend Arcane Power. Too much unpredictable movement to make PC worth it IMO and I'm not sure on Arcane Orb here)

Glyphs

Arcane Power (since I'm not opting for PC I need not leave it unglyphed)
Counterspell (I am on first interrupt duty for big add)
Rapid Displacement (incase I need a double blink to dodge a wave or get to a far out Spore Shooter)

Thoughts?
Charix

Re: Mythic Brakenspore Talents?

Unread postby Charix Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:44 am

Well I prefer PC over OP, with the tactic we're using I can use PC + unglyphed AP on every blue shroom. Due to using PC I also use supernova over nether tempest, and I think it might be better even with overpowered. Although not sure.

Just my thoughts.
Vog

Unread postby Vog Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:53 am

I recommend Arcane Orb here. It's the best talent in the tier for high movement fights such as Brackenspore progression, and it's well suited for clumps of sporeshooters and cleave situations.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:35 am

On our first kill I ran NT/IF/OP. My reasoning was that SN doesn't benefit from blue shroom haste, there's constant cleave due to the big add, and NT also makes it easier to stay high mana because the blue shroom alone cannot sustain chained AB4s. That was before the AO fix though, and I believe I would rather run AO now because blue shroom timings didn't seem to coincide with Arcane Power. Not only does AO provide extra mobility, but with some clever positioning I can also see using it to generate 4AC and multiple AM charges with the spore shooters.

This is of course very different from heroic, where I ran NT/RoP/PC tonight due to the absurd blue shroom uptime (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zd ... amage-done" target="_blank). If you have absurd blue shroom uptime somehow, AO becomes a lot less attractive due to long durations of burning without using it.

I feel like RoP is a bit of a lost cause with tidal waves and chasing down remote spore shooters. I cannot see BS being superior to Ice Floes unless you're doing flamethrowers. I also opted for AE glyph instead of CS because interrupts didn't seem like an issue with 2 solar beams. AE is a nice filler when you're out of Ice Floes charges and still hope to build an AC or two on the move. Whenever you have 4-5 targets reasonably close to each other, AE might actually be optimal.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:09 pm

I started out using NT/IF/AO but it just felt awkward to me to keep NT up. I should've just made a focus macro to keep it rolling on Brack, but initially we were also having trouble getting the sporeshooters down and I was always one of the top damage to them, so I didn't want to take the global away to refresh. I ended up using SN/IF/PC. It mostly felt pretty good, but I could see how NT/AO would play out better now that my guild and I are more comfortable with the fight (1st kill was last week).
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Breaktheice

Unread postby Breaktheice Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Thanks for the replies guys!

I found NT + IF + AO pretty amazing, especially because we got some pulls where the Spore Shooters lined up in such a way that I was able to Barrage and just build back up to 4 Charges instantly with the AO.

That said we were still struggling with the boss itself and meeting some DPS checks (best pull tonight was 50%), and I definitely find myself more comfortable (and at the same time more frustrated) with Frost's play style. Think I might run Ice Floes/Frost Bomb/Mirror Image/Thermal Void Frost for this fight.
Endrii

Unread postby Endrii Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:46 pm

We just downed Brackenspore last night. For our kill, I was running NT/IF/OP like Komma. Probably one of the biggest things that helped me with damage during this fight was slapping NT into a focus macro and using a weak aura to track the duration on the boss. I can probably push the uptime higher but it was good enough to get us a kill apparently.

I would also suggest using greater invis on this fight since (and this is also in the arcane mythic boss tips thread) it will drop the stacks of infesting spores so you take < 50% damage from that ability, though the cd on GI restricts it to being used every other cast.
mooky

Unread postby mooky Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:17 pm

These are great suggestions. I found myself working with prismatic crystal but also noticed how it is difficult to always use immediately on CD. Our best pull last night was 23% but I know from a personal standpoint I could have done better overall using a different talent setup.

Return to “Arcane”