Arcane trinket comparison [Updated 6.1]

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Chev
Global Moderator

Arcane trinket comparison [Updated 6.1]

Unread postby Chev Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi All,

Here are the trinket comparisons are Arcane Mages. The sims are using Blackrock Gear as the raid is not too far from opening. As you can see there are a lot of different combinations. I have also included trinket rankings for 2 talent choices. SN_RoP_PC as this sims the highest for Single Target, light movement sights (450 seconds) and NT_RoP_AO as this sims the highest for the same conditions but 3 targets.

When Blackrock actually opens, I will probably reduce to the number of trinkets in the sim to so some of the lesser performing trinkets are no longer listed so I can shorten the list.

*** Last updated: 2nd of March 2015

Single Target - SN RoP PC

Three Targets - NT RoP AO
Last edited by Chev on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Komma
Administrator

Re: Arcane trinket comparison for Highmaul

Unread postby Komma Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Can you rerun your list with disable_set_bonuses=1?
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Can you rerun your list with disable_set_bonuses=1?
Done. OP updated
Dokem

Unread postby Dokem Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:25 am

Thanks for info!
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Arcane trinket comparison for Highmaul (Updated)

Unread postby Chev Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:32 pm

OP has been updated after the hotfixes
MrGba2z

Unread postby MrGba2z Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:14 am

i am wondering why the 660pvp trinket is much better than everburingcandle which has more than 300 ints. Can anyone analyze it for me?

I know this is the result of simulation but just feel unbelievable.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:26 am

I assume you mean the Insignia trinket rather than the Badge trinket. The Insignia has a 734 Int proc. Im not sure what the internal PPM is but I'm guessing the proc and the static versatility is enough to boost it over the Candle's static 334 int + plus nerfed mana regen.
MrGba2z

Unread postby MrGba2z Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:48 pm

I assume you mean the Insignia trinket rather than the Badge trinket. The Insignia has a 734 Int proc. Im not sure what the internal PPM is but I'm guessing the proc and the static versatility is enough to boost it over the Candle's static 334 int + plus nerfed mana regen.
oops, i thought it has a 55s inner cd. It make sense if it's a PPM trinket. Thanks!
theredmage

Unread postby theredmage Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:55 am

It does have a 55s ICD, it also seems rather strange that it is better than candle, as the candle has more average stats by a decent margin, unless it has something to do with lining up with supernova/cds extremely well?
Npi

Unread postby Npi Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:48 pm

I also wonder how can be the pvp660 insignia trinket better than the candle as it doesn't really align with AP. I would really appreciate an explanation (not the "machine spat it out" one)
Batar

Unread postby Batar Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:49 am

Surge of Dominance from the insignia is only showing up as 456 for 20 secs when i run it. build 603-17. Is there a way to manually adjust the proc?, or is it running correctly with a tooltip error?
Nazz

Unread postby Nazz Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:49 am

How long is the fight simcrafted over? :o 3min? 10min?
Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:00 pm

With all due respect for creating the list, if you're simming a talent set that people aren't going to be using (ie, it's not the optimal talent set), what's the point in this list, exactly?

It's mis-leading information that will lead some people to believe certain trinkets are stronger than others while, in a different talent setup, they might not be?

If you're going to sim trinket values, do it w/ SN/RoP/PC and NT/RoP/AO, please.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:15 pm

The fight length is 450 seconds +/- 20%.

Those talent selections were used because they were the talents pre-configured in the default mythic profile for Arcane Mage as that is what was simming as highest single target combination at the time.
Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Those talent selections were used because they were the talents pre-configured in the default mythic profile for Arcane Mage as that is what was simming as highest single target combination at the time.

As I said, while I respect that you've put in the time and effort to give us information, if the information provided is out-dated and mis-leading, it might as well be wrong.

If you're going to post a trinket list like this which will get a lot of views, it's very similar to a guide in that you'll need to make sure that the information provided is up-to-date.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:20 pm

I think that re-running them for the 2 combinations Cycobi mentioned would be useful.

In my personal Sims that I ran on my character today for both NT/RoP/AO & SN/RoP/PC the 660 PVP trinket and its various combinations weren't nearly as highly ranked as in the one from the OP but other than that the other trinket combinations seemed to be about the same.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:50 am

If you're going to sim trinket values, do it w/ SN/RoP/PC and NT/RoP/AO, please.
I think NT/RoP/OP is a valid combo. It was definitely much better than NT/RoP/AO before the AO fix, and I ran it for Twins/Brackenspore. Not sure whether it's still preferable after the fix though.
Admin of Altered Time.

Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:07 pm

I think NT/RoP/OP is a valid combo. It was definitely much better than NT/RoP/AO before the AO fix, and I ran it for Twins/Brackenspore. Not sure whether it's still preferable after the fix though.
Without wanting to come off sounding like a dick here, with the overall sample size of Arcane players on both Mythic TO and Brackenspore being 53 and 23 respectively, it's difficult to say what is "viable" and what isn't, especially when the top parses are still running SN/PC.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Without wanting to come off sounding like a dick here, with the overall sample size of Arcane players on both Mythic TO and Brackenspore being 53 and 23 respectively, it's difficult to say what is "viable" and what isn't, especially when the top parses are still running SN/PC.
I agree, which is why I think it's a bit harsh to pass judgement on saying NT/RoP/OP being an invalid talent combination to use for stat weight generation purposes. I imagine it's fair to say that SN/RoP/PC is the only established spec by now, simply judging from the number of heroic parses. For NT, it's not as clear cut. Simulations suggest that OP and AO are really close, but we don't know how well that translates into actual fights.

I do however think we already have a basic grasp regarding talents. SN+PC, NT+AO, NT+OP are top performing 75+100 combos at the moment. RoP is also the clear level 90 winner for immobile fights, although it doesn't really matter in that case because flat damage modifiers such as RoP/IF don't affect stat weights.
Admin of Altered Time.

Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:19 pm

I agree, which is why I think it's a bit harsh to pass judgement on saying NT/RoP/OP being an invalid talent combination to use for stat weight generation purposes. I imagine it's fair to say that SN/RoP/PC is the only established spec by now, simply judging from the number of heroic parses. For NT, it's not as clear cut. Simulations suggest that OP and AO are really close, but we don't know how well that translates into actual fights.

I do however think we already have a basic grasp regarding talents. SN+PC, NT+AO, NT+OP are top performing 75+100 combos at the moment. RoP is also the clear level 90 winner for immobile fights, although it doesn't really matter in that case because flat damage modifiers such as RoP/IF don't affect stat weights.
When NT/RoP/OP is a debatable talent combo in regards to its performance, sure it might be harsh of me to write it off, but when there is a talent combo which is leaving Arcane as fully competitive/strongest (SN/RoP/PC), albeit in a niche situation, IMO it's better to at least test that out first, and once there is more data presented for the other talent combos we can see from there. Just my two cents, though.

Return to “Arcane”