Help with Talents

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
skardd

Help with Talents

Unread postby skardd Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:53 pm

I'm a min/maxer but have had some issues with my mage since I came back to the game a couple months ago. I started as fire and now have switched to Frost, since it seems to be the only spec showing up anywhere on logs.

I'm feeling comfortable with it, but I can't figure out why I see splitting ice on every log I see, but my comet storm sims significantly higher on ST. Am I missing something? Which is legitimately better?

Please answer for:

1. ST Raid boss
2. M+ overall efficiency

Thanks for your help in advance,

Skardd
Aeinox

Re: Help with Talents

Unread postby Aeinox Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:09 am

usually most bosses in this tier has some add to cleave, ex. jadefire has 2 targets, conclave has raptors that you can hit with boss if they're close, adds on rastakhan, last phase Blockade etc.
When it comes to traits "Flash freeze, packed ice, whiteout" all increase the damage on ice lance/ icicles. where as Splitting ice increases that dmg by additional 5%
What i'm trying to get at is that if you have stacked alot of those traits you might be better of playing splitting ice even on ST.

atm when it comes to M+ I've seen alot of people playing with Freezing raid due to mass pulling and how reaping works.

Hope this helped clarify anything :) If not, never hestitate to give me a shout and I'll try to explain the best I can
/Aeinox
jeffrybungle

Re: Help with Talents

Unread postby jeffrybungle Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 pm

The meta is built around Glacial Spike and Flash Freeze and Glacial Spike likes mastery. Mastery improves the damage of Glacial Spike but not Comet Storm. So basically the higher geared you get the better Splitting Ice is on single target against Comet Storm.

If you take the Thermal Void build you take Lonely Winter which increases damage to Ice lance amoung others but not talents like Comet Storm. Splitting Ice outweighs Comet Storm in this build too.

Suppose this makes Comet Storm kinda niche in pve. 4+ targets your suppose to use freezing rain. I use it on opulence for the burst aoe. Maybe for reaping with a DK/DH mass grip. Sure is fun in the open world rounding them up and storming them down.

Return to “Frost”