Search found 27 matches

by Purplefrost
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:02 am
Forum: Arcane
Topic: New Equipoise playstyle
Replies: 7
Views: 19525

Re: New Equipoise playstyle

Definitely stay above 70% at all times other than burn phase. You can do mini burns with charged up but that’s something that can’t be explained over text.
by Purplefrost
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:45 am
Forum: Fire
Topic: Non Mage spec that plays like fire mage
Replies: 5
Views: 14039

Re: Non Mage spec that plays like fire mage

I picked fire mage because I loved wotlk destroyer lock. No idea how destro works now, but I’d check them out
by Purplefrost
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: Blaster Master
Replies: 10
Views: 19760

Re: Blaster Master

Just watch Papa Evandis at work. he explains it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbimzHr ... jVBqhDwnWw
this is the video that sparked my question. was hoping for more of a debate as opposed to seeing a video ive already watched
by Purplefrost
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:05 am
Forum: Fire
Topic: Blaster Master
Replies: 10
Views: 19760

Blaster Master

Is this the real new OP? So far it is doing more than the Tidal Surge traits that I was using and my combustion's are absolutely absurd. What is everyone else's experience? Currently using 2 Blaster Master, and 1 Archive of Titans (Uldir) or 1 Tidal Surge (outside Uldir) with 936 haste. Nowhere near...
by Purplefrost
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:40 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: Pyroclasm #1?
Replies: 8
Views: 9312

Pyroclasm #1?

Just simmed myself and Pyroclasm is a 1.5% buff over Meteor. Is this the same for everyone? Has this been better, or did the buffs today make Pyroclasm better?
by Purplefrost
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: fire mage buff
Replies: 16
Views: 11537

Re: fire mage buff

I would like them to bring back the Legion rotation. It's fun throwing PF, hard-casting Pyros, and spamming scorch below 30%. I guess we will see where blizzard goes from here, because 6% increased overall damage still puts us dead last in Uldir. We won't be as solidified into last place, but last p...
by Purplefrost
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:48 pm
Forum: Frost
Topic: Frost Mage 8.2 PVE Raiding Guide. All rotations included.
Replies: 67
Views: 319539

Re: [BFA] Frost Mage PvE Raiding Guide.

Can we still shimmer lance? I thought we need more haste than what is available to us currently to shimmer lance.
by Purplefrost
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:43 pm
Forum: Arcane
Topic: How does everyone feel about 8.0 Arcane?
Replies: 24
Views: 19143

Re: How does everyone feel about 8.0 Arcane?

it sucks. sure the damage is good, but all you're doing is arcane blast and arcane barrage. literally 0 reason to ever cast arcane missiles since it does negative dps. AM needs to go back to what it has always been. a proc only cast that scales with arcane charges and does more damage than arcane bl...
by Purplefrost
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: Double meteor truck with shoulders?
Replies: 7
Views: 6387

Re: Double meteor truck with shoulders?

this seems like a glitch or bug with the item in my opinion. sounds fishy
by Purplefrost
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 am
Forum: Frost
Topic: Why I find current frost mage boring and how it could be fixed.
Replies: 18
Views: 13100

Re: Why I find current frost mage boring and how it could be fixed.

this is why i dont play frost and i play fire. you described every gripe i have with the spec. the frost try hards always tell me fire is more rng, but at least when we hit the rng we can control our damage instead of just one proc and then nothing for another 10 casts. fire belt also makes the spec...
by Purplefrost
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: Mastery rapidly becoming best stat for ST
Replies: 12
Views: 11137

Re: Mastery rapidly becoming best stat for ST

I'm currently at 929 ilvl with 4 T-20, bracers/belt legendary's, 46% Crit, 21% Haste, 20% Mastery, 8% Vers, and this is what i get for single target stat weights. All relatively even aside from Crit slightly lower and Int at the bottom.
mastery comparo.JPG
by Purplefrost
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:19 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: T19 2Set, when to switch
Replies: 19
Views: 9294

Re: T19 2Set, when to switch

I don't think it's that good. for me personally, i swapped my 890 T19 for 900 T20 and saw a DPS increase. all my other non tier were already 915+ so my guess is you're looking at 25 iLvl to be able to drop the set bonus. T19 isnt as strong for fire as it is for TV frost so you should be able to outg...
by Purplefrost
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:51 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: Proper usage of kj trinket (not legendary)
Replies: 6
Views: 6131

Re: Proper usage of kj trinket (not legendary)

I use it with about 10 seconds left on combustion and then on CD when not combusting. It's off the GCD so popping it during a combustion GCD is totally applicable.
by Purplefrost
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:47 pm
Forum: Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<
Topic: TOS gear 7.2.5
Replies: 1
Views: 1475

Re: TOS gear 7.2.5

Nothing has really changed since 7.2 which is why there aren't new guides and other things being written. You should sim yourself with raidbots to check your ideal stat weights cuz crit isn't really that strong anymore. I've found myself with 44% crit 18% haste 22% mastery 6% vers and it's telling m...
by Purplefrost
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:09 am
Forum: Fire
Topic: Kindling is back ?
Replies: 24
Views: 19392

Re: Kindling is back ?

i mean with kindling you always only ever use one PF no matter what your set bonus or legendaries are. i'm super confused by the hate here. i feel like it's people that were bad back before the change and dont want to see combustion become strong again? they arent "revolving" the spec around combust...
by Purplefrost
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am
Forum: Fire
Topic: RoP with ToS Trinkets
Replies: 2
Views: 3867

RoP with ToS Trinkets

Something that has been coming up a lot in the fire discussion is how RoP is simming absurdly high when you have either the Sentinel or Terror trinkets equipped, or both if you're that lucky. Does anyone have any idea why this is? Is there possibly something wrong in the SimC APL when it comes to th...
by Purplefrost
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 pm
Forum: Arcane
Topic: Gear for Tomb
Replies: 15
Views: 7385

Re: Gear for Tomb

I'm a decidedly average player Uh, if decidedly average players have parses of 98% performance then I will land in "decidedly complete shit" category I guess :D But thanks for the data. look at the other fights? lol i think until the APL is worked out, the only way to find BiS is from in game testi...
by Purplefrost
Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:56 am
Forum: Fire
Topic: 7.1.5 PTR Notes
Replies: 344
Views: 212323

Re: 7.1.5 PTR Notes

that doesn't work.

how would you explain this then?

http://imgur.com/a/Qq3Gh" target="_blank

55 ilevels..still a downgrade. No amount int changing/balancing can fix this issue..when there isn't int on it. They need to work out all the secondaries.
there is no int on rings you derp
by Purplefrost
Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:40 pm
Forum: Fire
Topic: 7.1.5 PTR Notes
Replies: 344
Views: 212323

Re: 7.1.5 PTR Notes

New notes are up for 7.1.5 Cliffnotes for FIRE: Phoenix Flame scaling Now 330% spelldmg and 110% spelldmg on the splash (up from 300% and 100%) - +10% dmg overall -5% Critical Chance Overall (Critical mass down to 10% crit, from 15%) Fireball Spelldmg scaling up to 200%, up from 175% (+14.28% dmg o...
by Purplefrost
Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:27 pm
Forum: Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<
Topic: Haste stacking odd
Replies: 3
Views: 2379

Re: Haste stacking odd

On a related note: How does 127% translate to gameplay? I'm confused why Haste is valued so much on Frost considering that the GCD cap is 50%. it gives you frostbolt's that are cast faster than gcd and your ebonbolt and frost bomb are cast way faster leaving you more up time on your frostbolt/finge...

Go to advanced search