Arcane DPS help for Imperator

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Dokem

Arcane DPS help for Imperator

Unread postby Dokem Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Hello.

I want to know why I suck so much in this fight. I was 659 for this log and did 18k DPS. Yeah it was my first kill, but my raid leader expect me to performe better, at least 20-25k DPS.

So I scratch my head and try to check on the best arcane parses for that ilvl bracket and there are players that as arcane, with my same ilvl can get 31k DPS in normal imp!!!.

So how come I do so little DPS?
Last night I tried another kill, did 19,5k DPS with ilvl 663! I use SN/IF/PC, with Ice Floes.

Help me analize this log and see how come this other mage managed to do over 100 more missiles, 32 more AB and 5 more SNs... I think Im going to cry.

Thanks for any input

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/co ... source=7,5" target="_blank

EDIT: log from second kill, little bit better but still low missile count compared with top parses (over 300 missiles, over 170 ABs).

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog ... 0,d=0,c=27" target="_blank
Soggs
Global Moderator

Re: Arcane DPS help for Imperator

Unread postby Soggs Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Your mana management is lacking. That is probably the main reason your DPS is low. You spend a lot of time at around 80% mana. You rather should be above 90% if you are not burning. That is the second big thing. You do not burn consequently. In a ~600s fight I would expect around 7 to 8 Evocation uses you only have 2.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Dokem

Unread postby Dokem Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Your mana management is lacking. That is probably the main reason your DPS is low. You spend a lot of time at around 80% mana. You rather should be above 90% if you are not burning. That is the second big thing. You do not burn consequently. In a ~600s fight I would expect around 7 to 8 Evocation uses you only have 2.
You are correct, and the second log I casted 3 evos. I feel ashamed. Thank you very much for pointing this out.

Right now I'm not using any addons to keep track of my mana, just my eyes on the char frame. I guess that's not enough... Do you guys use Weakauras for tracking mana aswell?
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:05 am

Do you guys use Weakauras for tracking mana aswell?
Yeah, your mana percentage is really important to know - I have a WA that shows my % in large font that sits right underneath my character.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Dyasis

Unread postby Dyasis Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Care to share that? Mine sucks lol
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Here is the wa string that I use to track my mana.
http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=40#p7918" target="_blank
Dokem

Unread postby Dokem Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Thanks guys!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”