Fire/Arcane Best weapon enchant

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
MattAKATaka

Fire/Arcane Best weapon enchant

Unread postby MattAKATaka Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering what you guys think is the best enchant to use if you run both fire and arcane. the usual arcane for single target and fire for aoe in BRF. Thanks in advance =)
Seatoo

Re: Fire/Arcane Best weapon enchant

Unread postby Seatoo Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 pm

I personally use the mastery enchant and love it, if it wasnt for 4pc I would do crit
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 am

Once you get the 4-piece set bonus for Fire Mastery is better than Crit so its really easy - all Mastery all the time.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
MattAKATaka

Unread postby MattAKATaka Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:14 am

Okay, thank you for the quick response, once i get a new weapon i'll enchant it with mastery.
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Once you get the 4-piece set bonus for Fire Mastery is better than Crit so its really easy - all Mastery all the time.
From what I've been reading, with the nerf to the 4p in 6.1, Crit is better again on pure single target.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:09 pm

From what I've been reading, with the nerf to the 4p in 6.1, Crit is better again on pure single target.
I'm not sure that's the case even with the 4p nerf. However, even if it is you'd still be better off just going Mastery. The best reason would be because you'd play Arcane on pure single-target fights anyway. But if you want to play Fire full-time there are still more cleave fights than anything else, and if Crit did pass Mastery again I'd imagine it wasn't by much, so you'd be gemming/enchanting 2nd best single-target and easily best multi-target stat, which seems ideal to me.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”