Not played since 4.3, help?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Nuovo

Not played since 4.3, help?

Unread postby Nuovo Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:05 pm

So I returned to WoW this patch (last week to be precise) and I'm currently sat at 668 ilvl and when I test my DPS as either Arcane or Frost I pull around 16k. I'm currently "on trial" with a guild that understands my predicament of lacking serious ilvl so I'm unlikely to pull high DPS. I'm yet to have entered HFC so unsure what my fully buffed DPS would be so I'm stuck running on target dummies at the moment.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Nuovo/" target="_blank

I'm following both the Arcane guide and Frost guide on these forums so I know what I should be doing as my rotation reasonably well. I'm just concerned that even with my low item level I should be doing a decent 20-25k when solo on dummies?

I'll post up some logs when I get home from work tonight. In the mean time; anyone got any tips / tricks? Or does 16-17k sound about right given the gear I've got?
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Not played since 4.3, help?

Unread postby Chev Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:39 pm

If you are following the guides then there is not much I can really recommend other than get into an LFR and see what you can do fully raid buffed. This will help you to see the fights before you step in the raid as well so it is not a complete shock.

As you are from 4.3, the Arcane Burn & Conserve phase will not be anything new to you but Crystal and the Nova spells will be so getting used to those (especially anticipating tank / boss movement when using the Crystal) will help.

There is no snapshotting any more (with the exception of Nether Tempest and applying it at 4 x Arcane Charges) so you don't need to worry about that. I guess the other thing to get used to is playing with Rune of Power for fights you are mainly standing still on.
Nuovo

Unread postby Nuovo Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:39 pm

I've managed to get my DPS up to hovering around the 20k mark on the dummy self buffed. Should I expect to be doing more than that in my gear?
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Yeah, that sounds about right. I have you doing 22K via SimC self buffed.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”