Arcane help

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Misaki

Arcane help

Unread postby Misaki Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Hello, I need some help with my Arcane Mage, I've just got a few basic questions.

1. What is the average fight length for each boss in Hellfire Citadel on both Heroic and Mythic version? Just an average amount, I know it will never be the same.
2. When using my cooldowns as an Arcane Mage, should I always just wait to get a lot of procs from my ring,trinkets and enchants? I also have my 4-set.
3. Is it more damage to get off 2 burn phases with lots of trinkets procs and ring procs or is it more damage to use it 3 times in a fight? So if the fight is 3 mins and 30 secs should I wait for procs twice and get 2 good burn phases off or use it 3 times?
4. Is it worth it to save my cooldowns for every 2 mins for when the legendary ring comes off of cooldown?
5. Are there any addons to help me track my Mana %?
6. Are there any must have Weak Aura strings to increase my damage a lot?
7. Do I enchant Mark of Warsong assuming I'm at the haste soft cap?
8. Do I enchant Mark of Warsong without the haste soft cap?
9. If I enchant my gear with haste but I'm still not at the haste soft cap, would mastery enchants be better?
10. Is a 720 Staff better then a 720 main hand and 720 off hand or is the MH + OH better? Or equal? I remember back in MoP seeing a lot of mages running a MH and OH

Thanks a lot for all the advice and thanks for helping me become a much better mage
Rinoa
Administrator

Re: Arcane help

Unread postby Rinoa Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:40 pm

Most if not all of these questions are answered in the Arcane forum if you have a read through.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:58 pm

I apologise in advance for being blunt but a lot of these questions are answered in existing posts if you want more detail I would suggest you go and read these posts to save doubling up on work.

1.) There is no average. This is so dependant on what your guild does DPS wise, raid composition and raid tactics and how long you have been farming the boss for that it makes it impossible to give an answer that may be relevant to you.

2.) No (other than waiting for the ring). All spells update dynamically now and while it is nice to have everything line up you will lose more damage waiting than using on CD.

3.) No. Burn as much as you can as often as you can (unless you know a mechanic such as feast of souls is coming up).

4.) Yes.

5.) Yes. See the WA and Addons thread.

6.) a Weak Aura alone will not increase your DPS, it only alerts you to certain citations. Identify which situations you are missing out on and then find / build a WA to alert you when that situation occurs. See the WA and Addons thread to see if there are any you can use.

7.) Which soft cap are you talking about? but probably yes.

8.) Yes.

9.) Short answer. No.

10.) This is going to depend on secondary stats. Int and SP are virtually the same when using 2H or MH & OH so the difference will be down to what secondary stats are available.
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:16 pm

Archi staff will almost always win hands down unless you have WF+Socket on both MH and OF.
Your best setup is probably

730 Manno OH
725 Kilrogg MH or possibly 720 Kormrok MH

vs

735 Archi Staff. The Int + SP alone trumps other combinations let alone the fact it's sat with Haste/Mastery as secondary's.
Rettep

Unread postby Rettep Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:29 pm

He was probably asking for general rule of thumb not particular case. On top of that, considering the questions he asked, he is probably far away from killing archimonde mythic.
Rettep <Ecology> Kazzak
HM 7/7M, BRF 10/10M, HFC 13/13M

Armory
Guild Armory
Guild Website
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Difficulty is irrelevant though. Step it right down to normal versions and it still stands that Archi staff as Arcane is better than any other combination inside HFC
Plus he specifically said 720 staff which is only the H Archi staff.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”