Challenge mode guide for mages?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Misaki

Challenge mode guide for mages?

Unread postby Misaki Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Hello, I found an old thread from http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1111" target="_blank but are there any updated best in slot gear guides for HFC? Also, which spec is the very best for each dungeon? Is pugging without teamspeak possible or will I need to get reliable people? What are some good combos that work well with Mages? Lastly, which are some easy to farm items for challenge modes that aren't necessarily best in slot? (Farming pvp gear, praying for lucky drops etc. replacements)

Thanks a lot for making me a great player, my dps has gone up by an insane amount since I started to use this site
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Challenge mode guide for mages?

Unread postby Chev Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 am

Challenge modes haven't changed at all since the expansion hit so that guide should be just as current today as it was then. The biggest thing that would have changed is fight tactics as people fine tune the quickest paths so youtube is probably the best bet for that. Yes, there maybe some items from HFC which is now BIS but as all items are all scaled to the same level I doubt the new items are going to make that much of a difference.

What level of CM are you looking to go for? If you are going for gold and unless you have multiple gold CM's already under your belt, you will need some kind of voice comms and you will still want to get reliable people. If you just want to get bronze or silver then that should be doable in pugs without voice comms but you will need to have a good group who all know what they are doing.

Crafted items will be your easiest way to get gear (but you can only have 3 crafted items) as you can re-roll this into the stats you want. Following that, probably the baleful items as these can also be purchased for Apexis shards or farmed but you might need a few tokens for each slot to get the stats you want but in reality if you are looking to do this without voice comms and your question went from "What is the new best in slot list?" to "What is the easiest gear I can get my hands on which is not always best in slot?", my guess is you are not 100% committed to getting the best time that you can get so you may getaway with the gear that you already have. Just remember the ring, set bonuses and warforged / gems will not effect your stats so you may want to swap out those items first for items that have better stats.
Misaki

Re: Challenge mode guide for mages?

Unread postby Misaki Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Hello, I found an old thread from http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1111" target="_blank but are there any updated best in slot gear guides for HFC? Also, which spec is the very best for each dungeon? Is pugging without teamspeak possible or will I need to get reliable people? What are some good combos that work well with Mages? Lastly, which are some easy to farm items for challenge modes that aren't necessarily best in slot? (Farming pvp gear, praying for lucky drops etc. replacements)

Thanks a lot for making me a great player, my dps has gone up by an insane amount since I started to use this site
Thanks, this was really insightful, I recently got my 150k apex mount so I haven't farmed apex since, but I'll start again, I'll try and convince my guild to come as well, this was really helpful information, thanks a ton

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”