Gear? Keep 4T17 or take higher ilvl?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
reszi

Gear? Keep 4T17 or take higher ilvl?

Unread postby reszi Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:32 pm

im just coming back into wow as my mage, i am almost all 685 (BRF) my guild is currently on arch Heroic, i ran mythic dungeons and got a few pieces (685-690) and i have all my valor to upgrade stuff if needed...my question is i have the t17 4 piece and if i use the items it will result in no longer having the 4piece. would it be better for me to keep the 4piece or equip the higher ilvl items?
Soggs
Global Moderator

Re: Gear? Keep 4T17 or take higher ilvl?

Unread postby Soggs Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:33 pm

A link to your armory would be helpful. Simulating both gear sets may give you an answer.

Also I moved your topic to the appropriate forum and gave a more meaningful title.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
reszi

Unread postby reszi Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 pm

A link to your armory would be helpful. Simulating both gear sets may give you an answer.

Also I moved your topic to the appropriate forum and gave a more meaningful title.

thank you, new to this forum :) (but i updated the profile with my armory link i didnt know it wouldnt be easy for people to get to)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... szi/simple" target="_blank

my 2nd trinket is the 715 ilvl boa one, the "orb of voidsight"
reszi

Unread postby reszi Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:42 pm

any one? /cry
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:12 pm

It's hard to give an answer to it because 4T17 is quite strong, and there isn't a definitive answer to swapping pieces out until you're in a position to equip 2T18.
It's +Stats vs 4PC so to find the exact crossover of when one beats the other for your char and the gear upgrades you have available you would need to sim it.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”