What should i change? [571 Frost Mage]

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Stefan

What should i change? [571 Frost Mage]

Unread postby Stefan Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Mod edit: Moved to help forum

Hello,

I have been reading around and have been told the haste breakpoint is 14.2k (forgot specific) anyhow i used Ask mr robot to optimise myself and it's made my haste around 16k

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/ ... tef%C3%A0n" target="_blank

What should i change? and to be specific what exact values i should be entering to make it optimum so i don't waste haste which won't benefit me.

Thank you!

Stefan
Soggs
Global Moderator

Re: What should i change? [571 Frost Mage]

Unread postby Soggs Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:40 pm

First of all haste past 14242 is not wasted. Actually haste past that point is still about equal in value. People choose not to get haste after that point because due to the fact, that the more in haste makes the spec a bit more hectic and you have to react faster.

Example stat weights:

If you still have more than 14242 haste on your gear its simply the point that you have so much haste, that AMR cannot reforge more into mastery. But that is not a bad thing.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Stefan

571 Mage (need help improving dps somehow :( )

Unread postby Stefan Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello,

I am a 570 frost mage looking to increase my DPS somehow, here is the following segment of a 10 minute encounter with a training dummy.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pW7 ... &source=22" target="_blank

What should i improve on in terms of DPS,Procs and Reforge as i'm still not getting close to where other raiders are hitting.

Thank you.
Kver
Administrator

Re: 570 Mage (need help improving dps somehow :( )

Unread postby Kver Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:03 pm

What have you tried yourself? Anything in particular you noticed or felt you did different or wrong? Anything you concluded from the guides on the forums?
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Stefan

Unread postby Stefan Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:02 pm

What have you tried yourself? Anything in particular you noticed or felt you did different or wrong? Anything you concluded from the guides on the forums?
I've changed my haste to the 50% point at 14242 and ensured i have 15% hit and 25% crit

i'm using a 2 tier set so am keeping one fingers of frost proc when casting off brain freeze and 1 fof all the time,

i have a 90% + Uptime on my Living Bomb as well as Evocation so am stumped as to what else i should do.

I don't know if looking into other reforge options is the way to go but don't really understand what would benefit me.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:10 pm

I merged your two topics. Please post updates and follow-up questions on the thread you already posted, instead of making a new one!
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:21 pm

I've changed my haste to the 50% point at 14242 and ensured i have 15% hit and 25% crit

i'm using a 2 tier set so am keeping one fingers of frost proc when casting off brain freeze and 1 fof all the time,

i have a 90% + Uptime on my Living Bomb as well as Evocation so am stumped as to what else i should do.

I don't know if looking into other reforge options is the way to go but don't really understand what would benefit me.
Do not bank one FoF for 2pc it is a damage loss, since there are certain situation where you still lose a FoF proc and the damage loss from the lost FoF proc is higher than the gain from having IL consume 2pc over Frostbolt.

A target dummy log can tell us very little. Besides that you master your rotation when nothing distracts you, but most damage is lost to distraction and not perfoming as good as you would in a stress free enviroment.

Your gear is fine. You will not magically gain 50k because you change something on your gear other than getting higher iLvls.

Log your next raid and come back with this log.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

Stefan

Unread postby Stefan Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 pm

I will do indeed :)

In terms of looking into different reforge options, is there anything i should change around at all? and if so what would the correct values be?

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/draenor/stef" target="_blankàn

Thank you.
Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:31 pm

Change your gloves to non spirit ones. Anything that is normal tier gloves or better would be ok.

I posted values in the picture above. Those setting should work for you.

For the rest: We cannot magically cause you to do more damage, even though we play mages. You have to work yourself too. Things get better with more experience.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”