Frost Mage with 4 fps boss fights need help :(

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
xikitina

Frost Mage with 4 fps boss fights need help :(

Unread postby xikitina Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Hola :)

REQUIRED:

1. A link to your armory profile, ie. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced" target="_blank
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... a/advanced" target="_blank
2. Your main spec, if that's not what you're logged out as.
Main Spec is Frost
3. Description of your rotation and what you've been doing.
Im "trying" raid 25 man heroic with my guild. The rotation i use there is: cast 1º Evocation (and all times when 15% dmg debuff desapear ofc), then if Hero is up at start, i pop mirror image and icy veins with glyph of throw 3 FB/Icelances and spam Frostbolt. I use Alter Time when i have on screen proc of 2 icelances + frostfirebolt.
When adds come, or if is a fight of more than 1 mob, i keep Frozen orb for that moment and if is a fight with single target i pop it allways when its off cd.
Allways throw Frostfirebolt and icelances when procs.

HIGHLY USEFUL:

4. A parsed combat log, preferably either WarcraftLogs or WorldOfLogs.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-743n6 ... 68&e=10196" target="_blank
This is the last raid i assisted, we are doing Siegecrafter heroic (in progress), didnt kill him but i put it as example.
5. Description of the problems you're having.
My main issue is i have 8 year old Pc ... that give me as present each raid a 4-6 fps during boss fights. What means i suck so far at dps.
I went to full haste gear, but with that ubber lag i cant realy try multi-dot cause even with tabb key i lose many time changing targets = a lot less dps.. for example if i want put nether tempest on 3 npcs on Fallen Protectors fight, when i cast NT on the 3º one, already ended 1º one dot lol...
I want ask if you can give me some advice about if Mastery spec or Mix one could be better with my lagg issues... or if i fail on gear/stats/rotation cause im bit annoyed with ending at end of metter most times even when i think i did all good.
6. What boss you're currently working on.
Siegecrafter on heroic. There i throw blizzard and frozen orb on first bombs spawn and on 2º spawn i do at floor Ring of Frost for help and blizzard too so help slowing em.

Thanks for read ;)
Soggs
Global Moderator

Re: Frost Mage with 4 fps boss fights need help :(

Unread postby Soggs Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:21 pm

We cannot magically upgrade your PC. So advice on that part is limited. I can only tell you to turn down every graphic option as much as you can besides particle effects. Since that makes things like shockwave on Nazgrim hard to see. Though while it is certainly tiresome low FPS is not that hard on the DPS. What you describe looks more like lag. I raided at 10 fps for a while and you should not lose that much DPS to it. Nevertheless I can give you some advice, to fix your DPS aside from the technical issues you have.

First: Upgrade your weapon. Your weapon is that piece of equipment with the most impact on your dps.

Second: Rotational stuff focussing on the last try:
- You did cast 29 more Ice Lances than you had Fingers of Frost procs. The number of ILs cast and FoF procs gained should match. Casting excess ILs is a huge damage loss. You only had 17 FoF procs to begin with.
- You missed 6 out of 22 Brainfreeze procs. That should not happen.
- Bomb uptime with 60.8% is very bad. If you cannot multidot focus on your main target.
- I do not see any Invokers Energy uptime in your last try. Did you use Incanter's Ward?
You could blame all of the above on your technical difficulties but at least the IL part does not get that excessive without you doing something wrong. Low FPS in a sense only means, that you have delays on reaction time, since you have less opportunities per second to observe procs, etc.

Simplified priority for clarification:
1. Keep Invoker's Energy up
2. Use Frozen Orb on cooldown
3. Keep the Bomb on your main target up
4. Use FFB if you have Brain Freeze proc
5. Use IL if you have a FoF proc
6. Frostbolt as a Filler

Also at the moment I would suggest not to use Alter Time. It may do more harm then good.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
xikitina

Unread postby xikitina Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks for the advices, i know i fail focusing but didnt know as much!!! Also i linked the last attemp we had at 00h yesterday. That was like 20º attemps more where maybe i dont fail as lot as on that one.But yea...lagg, screenfreezes dont help me so much. :oops:

I wanted ask if with my lagg issues Haste playstyle is the best option or if will be better mastery style cause is more focused on just 1 target??
Another thing is after check the 3 playstyles of frost, i think im mixxing 3 of em..i mean, i went to full haste, but my playstyle is more to single target (mastery style)?

About Frost Orb, i change it with LB or Nether Tempest depend the adds on the fight. On siegecrafter tryed Frost orb and LB and 2º one looks like worked better

Oh! im upgrading gear with valor points but didnt on weapon yet cause won it this Monday :oops:

Im sorry if explained wrong my issues, im not trying find a solution for my pc hehehe. i already have all graphic options to the lowest possible option and also i put off some process from pc but nothing
Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 pm

To repeat in a maybe more clear manner:
With your severe PC issues it is hard to give sound advice on what you should do.

In general for Frost 14242 haste and after that mastery is the way to go at the moment. It provides the best single target dps.

Also you seem to confuse http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84721" target="_blank and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113092" target="_blank.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
xikitina

Unread postby xikitina Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Sorry for annoy you guys, so long i didnt play frost mage seriulsy and i feel outdated. I want to improve my playstyle :)
With your severe PC issues it is hard to give sound advice on what you should do.
I see :( Anyway what told me about on what i failed with rotation and procs was too useful.I must start trying fix that as prio.
In general for Frost 14242 haste and after that mastery is the way to go at the moment. It provides the best single target dps.
Im just a bit confused about the 3 playstyles. As far i understood Mastery is for single dps and low gear, mixed is for all gear/single/dot and haste... is for multi-dot? Or also is viable as single dps way?
Also after check some of your forum guides, saw a post where talked about on Haste style can go all haste regardless breakpoints and that this style needs faster reaction playing.

So as i dont have fast reaction playing, i dont know if im on the correct way at all :(
Also you seem to confuse Frozen Orb and Frost Bomb.
I talked about i used Frost bomb and later LB just cause didnt mention it on my rotation and cause this coment ;)
Simplified priority for clarification:
1. Keep Invoker's Energy up
2. Use Frozen Orb on cooldown
xikitina

Unread postby xikitina Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi

Just tell thank you Soggs for the advices to improve my frosti mage :D

Turned my 16k haste to 14242 and rest mastery, changed rotation ( i was using IL and procs as fillers when moving and FB as main cast ... so the oposite way :/ ), and downloaded 2 addons for remind me with sounds and alerts that i MUST recast Evocation and LB hehe.
Now looks better ;)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”