Ilvl 871 Fire mage, @50th percentile, how can I get to 80+?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Erikm4

Ilvl 871 Fire mage, @50th percentile, how can I get to 80+?

Unread postby Erikm4 Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:26 am

Hello,

As the title states, i'm an 871 Fire mage and currently ranking smack in the middle - sometimes lower - for my parses. While this is not terrible, i'd like to get better. Is it a matter of gear holding me back? Rotation? timing? I'm not quite sure.

In these fights, except Xavius, I am flasked and well fed. While fighting Xavius I only have the food buff. However, I was not using a potion of deadly grace during any of these. I will fix that in the future. But I am sure a potion alone won't change my ranking from 50th up to 80, so what will?

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... B8s/simple" target="_blank

Warcraft logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WD ... ne&fight=1" target="_blank

Thank you for your help!
Deckzor

Re: Ilvl 871 Fire mage, @50th percentile, how can I get to 8

Unread postby Deckzor Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:46 am

The Problem with nhc logs is that u compete with twinks which kill the bosses a lot faster, stack Dragons together hole fight and so on.
Hc or better Myth logs would be much better to analyze.

I had a quick look and you have some small mistakes in your Rotation. For example at Cenarius when your 2. comb is slowly coming off cd you harcast fireballs for over 30 secs without using one blast and pyro. Then in your burn Phase u sometimes hardcast smth which should never happen. ALways have heating up, fire blast and 2 PF ready.
Then at the end you doesnt cast anything for like 20 secs, even on first 10 secs of KR.

You should really work on executing your burn Phase and not having downtime time at all.

Another thing is your leg ring pushes your Ilev 1 bracket up although not giving you anything for dmg.
Erikm4

Re: Ilvl 871 Fire mage, @50th percentile, how can I get to 8

Unread postby Erikm4 Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Thanks for your response. Good thing to note about the ring. So is my combustion sequence messed up? Or am I not chaining pyro's enough out of combustion and that's why I'm losing so much damage? Also, what's 10 seconds of KR?

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”