Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish - Stacking

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Calypssai

Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish - Stacking

Unread postby Calypssai Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Just looking for confirmation with the mage community on the proper use of Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish to clear up a dispute. I ran a few tests on the target dummy and it seems that this trinket only "stacks" or benefits from 1-5 stacks of Pyretic Incantation. It does not gain anything from Combustion or Rune of Power. It also seems to always crit. Of course, the damage of the trinket itself also increases when more adds are involved, but I did this on a single target:

1) 889k Crit (used by itself, no buffs)
2) 857k Crit (used by itself, no buffs)
3) 899k Crit (used by itself, no buffs)
4) 883k Crit (with rune and combustion activated, no stacks of PI)
5) 888k crit (with rune only, no stacks of PI)
6) 957k crit (full opener, combustion, rune, 5 stacks of PI)
7) 965K crit (5 stacks of PI naturally generated, no rune or comb)
8) 939k crit (5 stacks of PI naturally generated, no rune or comb)

TL;DR Am I correct in assuming that Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish only increases damage with stacks of PI and/or more adds (not combustion, or rune, or even MI)?
Razielsr1

Re: Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish - Stacking

Unread postby Razielsr1 Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:25 am

I think your results speak for itself. It makes sense too, as when you look at what KJBW does (an on-use always critical striking damage spell) and what PI does (increase critical strike damage by 2% per stack) they seem to have a natural synergy. The Rune situation is interesting as it would seem that Rune no longer effects external damage spells (trinkets and other item effects), but I'm not sure as I never really looked into the numbers to properly confirm for myself before and after 7.1.5 (someone else should able to confirm this).

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”