Prolonged power vs Deadly Grace

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Wulftheholy

Prolonged power vs Deadly Grace

Unread postby Wulftheholy Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 am

Howdy, i'm a 900 ilevel frost mage(Wulftheholy on US Sargeras) and i keep going between deadly grace and prolonged power and im just not sure which one is correct. Is there a certain gear level where prolonged power beats out deadly grace? Is it based on talent choices? Any help would be fantastic. Thanks for any and all answers.
Dyalia

Re: Prolonged power vs Deadly Grace

Unread postby Dyalia Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:03 am

For me personally prolonged power sims higher than deadly grace, but i have to say that the difference is so tiny(like 2-3k dps) that it really shouldn't matter. But if want the absolute max out of your character you should sim it yourself. Also note that prolonged power in my opinion is better for progression because you'll most likely have less active time because of moving more than required.
Spookytooth

Unread postby Spookytooth Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm finding pre pot prolonged power and combat pot deadly grace to be the best option on many fights (not all) as you often want a big burst at some moment or as fights get shorter (like when doing a difficulty step down for your gear) 2 prolonged powers lined up with cd's means left over pot time
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:30 am

It's almost certainly PP for ST at your gear level as frost (and definitely PP for cleave/aoe). You can sim your toon using the flag:

Code: Select all

mage_potion_choice=pp
To compare where you are at though (this will only work on a nightly/if no APL is passed in...if you pass an APL you need edit the potion choice in the APL).
Wulftheholy

Unread postby Wulftheholy Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It indeed does look like PP is the better choice.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”