Logs advice - Frost mage

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
mr_lolus

Logs advice - Frost mage

Unread postby mr_lolus Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm just starting Frost (Switched over from Fire) and the DPS just doesn't seem to be where it should.

Can someone have a look over my logs and bring some suggestions?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/j8 ... amage-done" target="_blank (i'm Pissybushu)

Thank you!
Dyalia

Re: Logs advice - Frost mage

Unread postby Dyalia Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:27 am

85% of your ILs where non-crit ones so thats a thing you can improve on. Also you didn't cast blizzard once this fight, where you could've reduced orb CD by a lot. Generally speaking if there are 2 or more targets, cast blizzard. You forgot your second pot and you didn't get the essence of night debuff from the purple circles in the night phase.
Thats all I can add to this discussion.

P.S. Tich is the most annoying boss in this raid for me. I don't know why but it is :evil:
Drozzy

Re: Logs advice - Frost mage

Unread postby Drozzy Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:56 pm

1) You never casted blizzard, this is a simple one. Same thing as the post above, blizzard is worth casting on 2+ targets.

2) You only gained lust once. Despite you having the Shard. You should absolutely make certain to make use of the lust you can use because the ring a least once per fight.

3) You have 15 more ice lance casts than you had flurries+FoF. If you're double ice lancing, then this wouldn't necessarily be an issue. Double ice lancing is difficult to monitor in logs and I'm not interested in dissecting individual spellcasts you had at specific times(which is the way to check it). If you aren't double ice lancing, then it means you casted 15 naked ice lances.

4) The above post stated something incorrectly. 85% of your ice lances were crits. This means that 15% of them were not crits.

5) You're running Frozen Touch. I would recommend for every player to use splitting ice and to never not use splitting ice. The single target dps gain from using FT over SI is very small (within a couple thousand dps), and it only takes a few cleave ice lances to surmount this difference. Every single fight in NH has opportunities for cleave ice lances, so FT is just not worth it.

6) You're running unstable magic (UM). UM is a very very small single target dps gain. So small that, for reasons like I just stated, I'd recommend running Arctic Gale for every fight. Just the utility of a larger blizzard radius is probably worth more than the miniscule amount of dps gain that UM gives us.

7) You had low IV up-times, especially considering that you were running bonechilling.

8) You have a ton of mastery. You should definitely consider trying out Glacial Spike instead of Thermal Void. It's easier to play and your legendaries are very good for it. If you switched to GS, some of the things I mentioned above would not be as big of issues anymore. GS is more reliant on weapon traits and ilvls, but TV is punishing and GS is not.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”