Frost DPS Assistance

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
MagusMaximus

Frost DPS Assistance

Unread postby MagusMaximus Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:43 am

Hello all,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8J ... gs&fight=1" target="_blank

Ever since I returned from a break (last played November(ish)), I've consistently only been hitting around 50% in the rankings. I'm not sure if I'm just not picking up on the changes, or what's going on. I feel like I've researched well enough but am not understanding something (which may or may not be obvious.)

Could someone run through these fights for me and see if there is some glaring error? Rotation, small quirks (or big), stat prio, etc.

In the past I've consistently ranked in very high percentiles, often fairly close to the top, so it's quite disheartening to see my performance at this level right now.

Much appreciation,

Aurilias - Orc Mage - Stormscale
Dyalia

Re: Frost DPS Assistance

Unread postby Dyalia Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:42 am

From what I can see in your logs you got the rotation down, as you're parsing very high at your itemlevel. You dont log high overall though so lets talk about some other things.
Your gear is not optimized at all. You need 30% - 33,4% crit to properly shatter youre ILs, you dont have 4set and you dont have guldan trinket. On top of that you dont have 54 artifact traits yet. So try to improve your gear/artifacelevel, which are the only things holding you back from doing more damage.
Mage

Re: Frost DPS Assistance

Unread postby Mage Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Overall rankings are mainly a result of high ilvl. If you did exactly same thing in 20 ilvl higher gear you would get orange ranks.
That's why you should only look at ilvl brackets.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”