How to best abuse Whispers in the Dark as Frost?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Dakodai

How to best abuse Whispers in the Dark as Frost?

Unread postby Dakodai Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:38 am

Greetings AT,

Gul'Dan was so nice yesterday to drop me a neat heroic warforged (905) Whispers, finally!

Now, I heard tales of wonder about this trinket so I'd like to know how to best use and abuse it.
<Inspiring life quote>
Katsumi

Re: How to best abuse Whispers in the Dark as Frost?

Unread postby Katsumi Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 pm

It allows you to double ice lance during IV and even without it if you have a decently rolled Metronome and high base haste.

You can also go full YOLO and run a Ray build, which is a lot of fun, but very, very difficult to play well.
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:25 am

Congratulations to 905 whispers! When buff is active try to double IL - start running towards boss when casting flurry + 2 IL. It might work even without IV with good amount of haste (24%+) and close enough to the boss (<10 yards). It's my personal feeling, check it during the farm raids.
Dakodai

Unread postby Dakodai Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:06 am

Congratulations to 905 whispers! When buff is active try to double IL - start running towards boss when casting flurry + 2 IL. It might work even without IV with good amount of haste (24%+) and close enough to the boss (<10 yards). It's my personal feeling, check it during the farm raids.
Thanks! :D

So looking at my Armory, my base haste percentage is around 31%, not taking into account I'm also running an 885 Metronome which is frequently just up at 1-2 stacks. So is there still movement needed at that point?

Also is there any way of setting up an addon like TellMeWhen or Weakauras in such a way, that it shows you whenever you are buffed with enough haste (be it IV, TW, Whispers or any other buffs) in order to perform a double Ice Lance? Or is that too complex?

I did try it during our Heroic farm run last night, it sure does get hella crazy when IV, TW, Sephuz, Whispers and Metrome line up in some fashion. Toss Gul'Dan's boss button on top of that and casting Frostbolts quickly starts feeling like spamming Ice Lance, alltough the chances of those stars aligning in any useful scenario are probably not all that high. 8-)
<Inspiring life quote>
Acris

Unread postby Acris Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Many people run with a WeakAura showing casting speed percentage, easy to find on wago.io . Basically, you'll have to see for yourself, with distance to target, kind of target ( Big mob like krosus, small like Botanist, etc...) , but above 100% you're pretty safe to double IL if close enough to the boss. Always go toward it to improve your chances :p
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:33 am

This is what I was referring to - Ray + Procs = Deathray: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=4272

If you're lucky you can easily reach more than 3m DPS during the channel.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”