Could i please you for help guys ? FIRE

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Bashfuul

Could i please you for help guys ? FIRE

Unread postby Bashfuul Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:23 am

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A
Hi guys,
From like 3 weeks i started play fire mage. That what i heard fire mage must go crit, crit and crit. Okay have a lot of crit but i suck in dmg. Can u help me guys in my build, rotation and talents ? I give you my armory link :http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... uul/simple .

Many thanks.
lidorine

Re: Could i please you for help guys ? FIRE

Unread postby lidorine Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:23 am

try reading before posting pls
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Crit lost value alot with tier pieces but sadly fire suck in dmg whatever gear you have
Syana

Unread postby Syana Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Get 36 traits in your weapon and spec into "Empowered Spellblade" and "Instability of the Tirisgarde". That will make a huge difference, but fires damage is a bit on the low side at the moment, especially without the right legendaries.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Get 36 traits in your weapon and spec into "Empowered Spellblade" and "Instability of the Tirisgarde". That will make a huge difference, but fires damage is a bit on the low side at the moment, especially without the right legendaries.

even with the right legendarys arcane and frost are far better most of the time.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:08 pm

First, you need a 2 piece bonus of the Nighthold tier gear to even have a chance as Fire. 4 piece is even better to get.

Secondly, your trinkets need a lot of work. They are simply not great for Fire and simple stat sticks with crit or haste will probably be better. Use this link to look at what trinkets are good for fire.

Last, for new players I would always advice Meteor over Cinderstorm. Cinderstorm is only better if your reliably manage to hit all 6 cinders on the target, and Meteor is a lot easier to use.

The rest, just practice and learn the art of fishing for hot streaks. There should be enough guides out there to help you with that.
Xentros

Unread postby Xentros Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Before reading any of this please understand. If I get bracer proc at all during combustion I immediately start hard casting pyroblast while under its affects. If you think 3 instas will give you a bigger combustion than one 300-326% dmg pyro. You wrong. The instas dont go anywhere either, use those garuanteed crits to keep PI up after if you need to.

EXAMPLE SEQUENCE
- Pull timer 15seconds

- @-3 seconds until pull timer Prolonged Power and hard cast Fireball.

- @-0 seconds Fireball lands (hope for crit)

- @ 0 seconds Mirror Images

- @ 1 seconds (If your precast crit) you cast Fireblast to create Hot Streak

- @ 1 seconds (if your precast did not crit) you cast Fireball until you do crit, then cast Fireblast to create Hot Streak.

- @ 2-? seconds you have Hot Streak. Cast another fireball immediately followed by your Hot Streak proc. All of this followed by a combustion in midair, instantly creating another hot streak inside of combustion.

So now that all thats out of the way you're able to get into the actually Combustion chain and use your meatball (Meteor).

- Pertaining to Meteor. A lot of mages say you need to pre-cast meteor in your opener, i say nay. You can get a lot more burst from being conservative with your instas. And stacking pyretic incanation a bit for meteor is all good.

So, You want Meteor to land in combustion, very high dmg.
So, You want Meteor to be fluid inside your Combustion spam, so not to get too much gcd.
So, You realize you will do more damage in the long run the sooner you can get your Fireblast and Phoenix Flames off cooldown.
So, before you cast Meteor... You should have 1 stack of PF and FB on cooldown. (So while you're doing other junk, they're refreshing).
So, You'll use Meteor after your first Phoenix Flames and its follow up Pyroblast.
So, You use your first PF, it Hot streaks inside of Combustion.
So, You cast a Hot Streak Pyroblast after that Phoenix Flames lands.
So, as that ^ Pyroblast is traveling to your target, have your Meteor ready.
So, You'll be able to cast Meteor as that pyro is in mid air.
So, Immediately after the meteor casts you instantly Fireblast (which is off GCD) to renew your Hotstreak Combustion Chain.
So, you're basically cheating GCD.

-=-=-=-Break it down Xentros-=-=-=-
What? Ok.

1. Prolonged/Fireball(pre pull @3sec)
2. Macro (MI/Trinket)
3. Fireball#1
4. Fireblast
5. Fireball#1 + Hotstreak
5.5 Combustion Mid Air
6. Pyro
7. PF (your first pf of the fight)
8. Pyro (as THIS pyro is traveling in midair, you cast meteor)
8.5 Meteor (this pairs well with the non-gcd fireblast afterwards)
9. Fireblast
10. Pyro
11. Fireblast
12. Pyro
13. PF
14. Pyro
15. Fireblast
16. Pyro
17. Fireblast
18. Pyro
19. PF
20. Pyro
21. End with Fireblast 2-3 seconds off cooldown.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”