[Frost] Extending IV

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
wroneq

[Frost] Extending IV

Unread postby wroneq Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm

ARMORY

LOGS

Hello,

While reading forums I've seen that you guys extend your IV long enough to cast 2nd or even 3rd frozen orb.

This very rarely happens to me.

I'd really to love if someone could check my logs from last week heroic Nighthold and see what I am doing wrong or give me some tips how to get better
wroneq

Re: [Frost] Extending IV

Unread postby wroneq Thu May 11, 2017 12:27 pm

bump
Detoxx

Unread postby Detoxx Thu May 11, 2017 3:23 pm

So this may not be the most popular opinion, but what I've done is started using the belt/gloves on most fights, and speccing into AG. With the new 7.2 talent freezing rain blizzard is instant cast so it saves me some time. Go through my opener as usual fast IV, the frozen orb, and stack two instant cast blizzards on the target. Dump all procs and doing normal rotation in between and then you're already in to your second orb, and you can rinse and repeat this for 100% IV uptime.
Detoxx

Unread postby Detoxx Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 pm

I'm sure as you know the reason this works is because of Blizzard reducing the cooldown of FO, so when ou stack those two blizzards FO is ready to go again within 10 seconds.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”