Bracers + Pyromaniac

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Sgtyeast

Bracers + Pyromaniac

Unread postby Sgtyeast Thu May 11, 2017 11:00 am

Hi, I've been trying to find an answer to this on the forum but haven't been able to, so forgive me if I missed it.

Is pyromaniac a dps increase with bindings equipped over conflag?

And secondy, during any mythic+, do you run Flame patch or LB?
lidorine

Re: Bracers + Pyromaniac

Unread postby lidorine Thu May 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Bluemanmage

Unread postby Bluemanmage Fri May 12, 2017 5:15 am

Pyromaniac and conflag both sim about the same for me, but what I've noticed is that with pyromaniac you can get really lucky and get an insane number of procs whenever the stars align. If you prefer consistency then I'd say go conflag but if you're just doing farm content then it's pretty fun to play the pyromaniac lottery.
Breit

Unread postby Breit Fri May 12, 2017 3:06 pm

And secondy, during any mythic+, do you run Flame patch or LB?
Depends on the affixes and the dungeon. Lower Karazhan -> LB for instance regardless of affixes. But most of the time it depends on the level of the dungeon and the affixes. If it is Bolstering or Bursting on a high key then I usually go with Unstable Magic and do mainly ST damage with only a little bit of spreading here and there.
Xentros

Unread postby Xentros Sat May 13, 2017 12:39 am

Use firestarter talent for raiding (unless its super fast kills in lfr or normal modes). Save combustion till 90%. Use some instas along with fireball/pyro rotation above 90%. Depending on fight length, getting off 6-10 hot streaks should get you a bracer proc. Use that hard cast pyro at 90% with your 10% stacked PI. Combustion mid air, play as normal.

This opener will make a huge difference trust me.

I usually prepot, precast pyro @ 5 seconds, then mirror images as that is in air. Fireblast to get hot streak, cast that pyro, then use a PF, pyro, another fireblast (you want these instas recharging to maximize your damage), then fireball/pyro hot streak until about 91%

Always use living bomb in mythic+ It does insane damage and its instant cast. Plus you dont have to rely on tank to pull slow, or pull and stop.
Lavok

Unread postby Lavok Mon May 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Use firestarter talent for raiding (unless its super fast kills in lfr or normal modes).
Good hc runs probably go into this super fast category as well (I know lots of top logs use it, just saying though). Arguably good rng with pyromaniac could be more beneficial on single target fights in these as well.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”