Bracer proc sub 30% HP

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Serrawyn

Bracer proc sub 30% HP

Unread postby Serrawyn Fri May 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A
Hey mages,

I've been reading this forum since the beginning of Legion when I started my mage and it's been a great resource - thanks to everyone who's contributed.

I've got a simple question that I remember being brought up months ago, but I don't know if there was ever a definitive answer for it. When using Marquee Bindings and Koralon's, is a hardcast pyroblast worth the cast time during the execute phase? It feels like a close call so the only way to be sure is simming, but I'm not sure how to configure Simcraft to test something like that.
ezekielyo

Re: Bracer proc sub 30% HP

Unread postby ezekielyo Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 pm

When using Marquee Bindings and Koralon's, is a hardcast pyroblast worth the cast time during the execute phase?
Yes. Always use the pyro proc as soon as possible to avoid munching.
Serrawyn

Unread postby Serrawyn Fri May 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Thanks for the response. Out of curiosity, how did you come to that conclusion? Just want to be sure there's evidence that this is actually a damage increase.
Selluth

Unread postby Selluth Fri May 12, 2017 10:47 pm

You don't actually need to configure anything. Look through the APL on simcraft and you can see that robomage uses the proc.
Whether that's right or not is up to your testing but in practice it's easily a dps increase.
Lavok

Unread postby Lavok Mon May 15, 2017 5:51 pm

You don't actually need to configure anything. Look through the APL on simcraft and you can see that robomage uses the proc.
Whether that's right or not is up to your testing but in practice it's easily a dps increase.
The APL is written like that because alternative priorities result in less dps. To see the difference you can move the line that uses the proc lower in the priority list and see what the result is.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”