Simulation craft, Adding Use trinket. Help pls

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Metalyon

Simulation craft, Adding Use trinket. Help pls

Unread postby Metalyon Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi everyone. Recently I learned that simulation craft doesn't use trinkets with use abilities while calculating dps. I've been trying for a while but I couldn't make it work so far. What I wanna do is adding a line "for obelisk of the void" so that it gets activated with arcane power. Does anyone have any idea?
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Re: Simulation craft, Adding Use trinket. Help pls

Unread postby Zulandia Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:03 am

Hi everyone. Recently I learned that simulation craft doesn't use trinkets with use abilities while calculating dps. I've been trying for a while but I couldn't make it work so far. What I wanna do is adding a line "for obelisk of the void" so that it gets activated with arcane power. Does anyone have any idea?
It's only the new arcane APL that was lacking as the author only included an owl on use. The following commit fixes that and you should be back to being able to use the default APL once tonights nightly build is released: https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc ... 46ea648b76

In the meantime if you simply run a quick sim and then scroll down to the profile you should be able to find your toons entire description (complete with APL). Simply place this on a new simulate tab then add the following below the use_item line for owl.

Code: Select all

actions.burn+=/use_items,if=buff.arcane_power.up
Metalyon

Re: Simulation craft, Adding Use trinket. Help pls

Unread postby Metalyon Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:50 am

It did work. Thanks for the information :)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”