[Fire] need something explained that you all might know

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
shadowmod

[Fire] need something explained that you all might know

Unread postby shadowmod Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A/Help

cans some pls explain to me why every other fire mage in the world it seems sims as mastery god stat fuck everything else on ur gear get mastery casue my mage dont sinm that way and its driveing me nuts no in discrod will tell me shit they just say go fucking siim it your self and sims tell me the excat oppsite as seemingly everything said in the discord
Xinder

Re: new something explained that you all might do

Unread postby Xinder Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:17 am

cans some pls explain to me why every other fire mage in the world it seems sims as mastery god stat fuck everything else on ur gear get mastery casue my mage dont sinm that way and its driveing me nuts no in discrod will tell me shit they just say go fucking siim it your self and sims tell me the excat oppsite as seemingly everything said in the discord
First off. Just take a deep breath. The reason they say sims yourself is because your gear isn't the same as those fire mage parses you're looking at. They may be stacking more mastery than you because their gear is at a certain point that mastery comes out as best now. Also worth noting is on fire your talent choices can change the value of stats. A lot of the top fire mage parses on mythic are likely taking firestarter and kindling which can change stat weights as well. So I would read change up your talents maybe and see what sims give you then. If they still don't give you mastery as your best then maybe there's a valid reason for that.
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Re: [Fire] need something explained that you all might know

Unread postby Zulandia Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:52 am

What Xinder said is right on the money. It should also probably be noted that a lot of mages are playing fire on mainly both Fallen Avatar and KJ which is likely also where they are currently progressing/if farming are the most concerning fights regardless and thus what they are likely prioritizing their gearing for. Both these fights contain a large amount of cleave where mastery is able to see even greater benefit.

On a moderator level I would ask you to put slightly more effort into your future posts the rambling and profanity only serves to make your post hard to read.
shadowmod

Unread postby shadowmod Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:46 am

dont mean to ramble but i serious think if some has said the word fire in anything i have seen in like the last month they are like omg a have 40% mastery or some crap so its geteing a bit confuseing
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:25 pm

dont mean to ramble but i serious think if some has said the word fire in anything i have seen in like the last month they are like omg a have 40% mastery or some crap so its geteing a bit confuseing
I've seen a lot of fire mages with several gear sets. The only reason for them to have high mastery is for fights with constant cleave like Avatar as Zulandia pointed out. Mastery buffs ignite and on Avatar they get free ignite cleave to maiden or Avatar depending on who they're currently attacking. If they were fighting goroth mythic and still playing fire they're probably swapping to a low mastery gear set since there's only one boss that whole time on Mythic. Using simcraft and simming more than just a patchwerk fight can also help sort out gear and stat weights for different gear sets. The in game gear set manager makes it a bit easier to keep a few different gear sets in your bags and swap on the fly. The only hard part I've had with it is remembering to swap to my AoE set on an upcoming fight :)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”