[Mythic] Sisters of the Moon

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Zeta

[Mythic] Sisters of the Moon

Unread postby Zeta Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:15 pm

This is sort of a question, but there are tips/tricks here as well for mages so I decided to put it here instead. I am currently in a guild that is 4/9 M so we have killed Sisters, but last night I got 1 shot so many times that I'm just looking to improve my play and fix a couple of issues. To explain, I am in the last group that is crossing so sometimes my stacks get to 24+ of the debuff before I am able to drop them. I got hit by twilight glaive for 4.5 million last night with a health pool of 4.7 million and still died even though I had ice barrier. Any time twilight glaive targets me I ice barrier so as to prevent a portion of the damage and a possible death. To my understanding twilight glaive targets the farthest person which brings me to my next issue which is that I would get targeted with twilight volley, run to the edge, get targeted with twilight glaive, and they would both hit me at approximately the same time and I died a couple of times from this as well. My question is if there are any tips/tricks that people have found to minimize all of this unpreventable damage? I just got so aggravated last night because of what seems like RNG and I'm not exactly sure how I can fix this issue so I'm looking for any ideas that y'all might have/have personally done.

P.S. Blinking twilight glaive is pretty funny, watching it take a random 90 degree turn...
nirdana

Re: [Mythic] Sisters of the Moon

Unread postby nirdana Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:46 pm

When you have many stacks of shadow floor 10+ you have to cross the border in order to reset the stacks. if it is not possible (already high stacks of astral something) then i reccomend to block it.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Glaive toss - dont stand at max range let others be picked.
Big glaive - soak and stay in middle until it splits the second time. Then just blink behind the last split to your mark. Usually in this case you will have to watch out for max 1-2 small glaives coming from far away.
Stacks - I am usually in the 2nd to last group and my stacks are around 12-15 - if you keep dying ask your RL to swap you closer.
Volley - stand on your marker and do DMG. When you get targeted, just blink out after it lands, the dmg wont kill you, and the zone lasts for a short time.
Moon burns - save blocks for it.
Beacons - more than 1 beacon means no good log.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Glaive toss - dont stand at max range let others be picked.
Big glaive - soak and stay in middle until it splits the second time. Then just blink behind the last split to your mark. Usually in this case you will have to watch out for max 1-2 small glaives coming from far away.
Stacks - I am usually in the 2nd to last group and my stacks are around 12-15 - if you keep dying ask your RL to swap you closer.
Volley - stand on your marker and do DMG. When you get targeted, just blink out after it lands, the dmg wont kill you, and the zone lasts for a short time.
Moon burns - save blocks for it.
Beacons - more than 1 beacon means no good log.
Glaive toss - dont stand at max range let others be picked. The only issue with this is if your marker is the last one you have to stay on your marker until the moon passes. After it passes your marker and the marker in front of you(depending on side of room) you could totally move closer to the boss to not be targeted by it. Just keep in mind your assignment.
Big glaive - soak and stay in middle until it splits the second time. Then just blink behind the last split to your mark. Usually in this case you will have to watch out for max 1-2 small glaives coming from far away. For me this is personal preference. I've stood on the right side of the room edge(based on facing the boss from the entrance) and I've stood in from that edge on the 2nd marker. I've found personally that being at the edge gave me the most time to react to the big glaive. Also worth noting in this phase I never went in to the melee to soak. There's no incorpreal shot in phase 2 so there is no reason to go to middle just to have to avoid the giant glaive going through there. In phase 3 of course there is an incorpreal to soak so you have to find the priestess' location in the room to know where she's going to toss a glaive while still trying to be in the line. Having the incorpreal target extend as far as they can through the group helps to give people choices of where to stand to help soak.
Volley - stand on your marker and do DMG. When you get targeted, just blink out after it lands, the dmg wont kill you, and the zone lasts for a short time. When you get targeted by it you have a few seconds to react and you can actually blink out to have it drop outside your marker so no one else has to move. Dropping it on your color and forcing yourself plus 2-3 others to have move is a lazy way to do it and forces extra movement out of other dps/healers. You can blink and keep a cast so why not do it in a way that helps the raid? Plus it makes you stand out as someone doing the little things for the good of the raid.
Moon burns - save blocks for it. I would do your best to clear it by swapping sides on the moon phase as long as it's not going to extend the astral purge debuff or cause a very high stack of it to happen. Usually this means knowing where the line is and if it's going through the melee pile(typically the largest one to do stacks) hold off to blink until it has passed it. I usually will then blink all the way to the opposite edge which clears it and allows time for the debuff to drop before the edge group gets hit by the phase. This is assuming you start on the beginning of the phase side of the room.
Beacons - more than 1 beacon means no good log. If you do your best to clear the Moon Burns normally like everyone else has to you can have Ice blocks up for the beacons. If you Ice block the debuff before the rings start dropping you completely clear it and the rings won't drop at all. Also this fight is really long so if you get a moon burn in phase 1 you can block it if it's not able to be cleared and you will likely have it off CD by the time you want it for Beacon without having to cold snap. Thus giving you 3 iceblock usages in the fight. Most first kills are in the 8:30-10 min range from what I have seen on warcraft logs.

Also as a last thing to add. I would totally ask your raid leader if perhaps you could switch to the first edge getting hit by the phase change on the other side and perhaps put a lock in your spot on the last edge. If they won't do that then you may need to just make the healers aware you will call for an external like sac or barkskin when you get in a situation that is you at high stacks targeted by glaive. Being in the last group you can't really avoid being a target if you're standing on your mark as the moon phase is about to pass you. You need to be in your position and healers need to be aware your group is going to have the highest stacks.
Magecharm

Unread postby Magecharm Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Healers should be aware that your not topped from volley as well as targeted by glaive and should be topping you off before it ever reaches you.
Jezrien

Unread postby Jezrien Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 am

First of all, it would be better to include some logs.
Second, I viewed our several pulls and didn't see more than 21 stacks of umbra suffusion and more than 3.7m twilight glaive shot. Seems like either positioning of entire raid is wrong or your own or you're "lucky" to be constantly targeted by this spell.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”