Gear upgrades?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
z0nkey

Gear upgrades?

Unread postby z0nkey Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:17 am

So I only have the 2-set bonus for T20 as a fire mage. I was wondering if breaking the 2-set bonus and upgrade to the pieces listed below is worth it?

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ius/shabby

2 pieces:

http://i.imgur.com/9XtV8eW.png
http://i.imgur.com/T9va8kS.png

I've simmed myself, and used raidbots and both are telling me different things!

Thanks
Xinder

Re: Gear upgrades?

Unread postby Xinder Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Are you using the nightly build on raidbots? Also if you're using simcraft the program and raidbots and they give you drastically different results you're likely doing something incorrect on one of them. Using raidbots just make sure to choose the nightly build under the simulationcraft options section when you do best gear or the stat weights sim. The "best gear" option would probably be easier because you could put on what you think is your best gear with the 2pc T20 and then pick the alternate pieces you think you would replace the 2pc with. Raidbots will then show you your best gear. I'd guess it is going to pick the 2pc T20.
z0nkey

Unread postby z0nkey Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Are you using the nightly build on raidbots? Also if you're using simcraft the program and raidbots and they give you drastically different results you're likely doing something incorrect on one of them. Using raidbots just make sure to choose the nightly build under the simulationcraft options section when you do best gear or the stat weights sim. The "best gear" option would probably be easier because you could put on what you think is your best gear with the 2pc T20 and then pick the alternate pieces you think you would replace the 2pc with. Raidbots will then show you your best gear. I'd guess it is going to pick the 2pc T20.
Not too sure what you mean by nightly build.

Raidbots seems to be giving me more solid info. They recommend going with the 2pc T20, while Pawn seems to only look at the individual items, not set bonuses.
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Not too sure what you mean by nightly build.

Raidbots seems to be giving me more solid info. They recommend going with the 2pc T20, while Pawn seems to only look at the individual items, not set bonuses.
That would be correct. Pawn works only based on stat weights on the items, not set bonuses. The nightly build option is right under where you paste your info. It's titled "Simulation Options". There's an option for SimC version and a dropdown. That's where you can pick nightly.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”