Approximately how much is Lonely Winter behind using water elemental???

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
RabinGomes

Approximately how much is Lonely Winter behind using water elemental???

Unread postby RabinGomes Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:35 pm

I am a min-maxer, but the line here is using a pet. I hate pets, I like to be alone without the feeling that I am dragging something I am responsible for behind me. I am still used to using my petattack, "go-to", follow macros, no problem there, but I just prefer to be "alone" much, much more.

I understand why Lonely winter isn't preffered anymore, but speaking numbers, how much behind is it?

Also, could ditching Ebonbolt (I know, I know, Brain freeze proc), for chain reaction (15% more Icelance damage) offset the dmg loss in any way, or is losing Ebonbolt further dps loss? ...If I play Glacial spike of couse.

This really bugs me. If it is around 5%, I'll just go for Lonely winter and suck up the fact that I'm not at my full dps potential, but if it's more, I'm not gonna enjoy playing the mage at the moment.

Anyway, thank you very much
jeffrybungle

Re: Approximately how much is Lonely Winter behind using water elemental???

Unread postby jeffrybungle Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 am

There's a frozen orb build that uses lonely winter, chain reaction, splitting ice and thermal void/ ray of frost. Basically you set up to put as much power as you can into ice lances during frozen orb uptime. Check the discord for more info.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”