Beotorch - SimulationCraft-Running Service

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Komma
Administrator

Beotorch - SimulationCraft-Running Service

Unread postby Komma Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:18 am

Beotorch is a new SimulationCraft-running service, created by Twintop from HowToPriest. It's a server that can run basic simulations of your character and get stat weights. It saves the hassle of having to download and keep SimulationCraft up to date, and having to run simulations on your own.

To use the service, head to https://www.beotorch.com/" target="_blank and register for an account. Press "queue new simulation" at the top and input character details, and press "queue simulation". Once the simulation is complete, you will be notified through e-mail, and the report will be visible under your list of simulations.

You can find the above information and more, on the website's FAQ about how it works: https://www.beotorch.com/about.php" target="_blank
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Curnivore

Re: Beotorch - SimulationCraft

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:36 am

It might be a good solution for mobile phone users that have a PC version but are away.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:19 am

Wonder what will happen if people do a long sim when the website starts catching on :p
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm

This is really good stuff. Not sure if you read these forums Twintop, but really good job!
Twintop

Unread postby Twintop Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:09 am

Komma will probably give me a hard time for this, but I *JUST* registered an account.

I'm definitely not trying to replace the downloadable SimulationCraft, just make it easier for others (and for me, too, with my huge sim runs) to sim their toons.
Wonder what will happen if people do a long sim when the website starts catching on :p
I turned the more powerful of the two boxen on yesterday (32 threads) and did a test run of my Priest @ 50,000 iterations with stat weights -- 100sec to process it. Obviously you can't tell which of the two systems will pick up a specific simulation, but I don't think the site would come to a screeching halt. Then again, no high traffic sites have had it linked on them yet so I could get totally destroyed. :lol:
This is really good stuff. Not sure if you read these forums Twintop, but really good job!
Thank you! :)
Kver
Administrator

Re: Beotorch - SimulationCraft-Running Service

Unread postby Kver Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Well you could always remove the heavier elements like allowing a lower number of iterations if you really get destroyed.

Do you save all the output data somewhere as well? Might be interesting to see how thousands of sims lead to different results etc.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Twintop

Unread postby Twintop Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 am

I'm storing all of the raw simulation output logs along with each simulation, but the actual HTML reports will expire after a certain period of time (based on the user's privileges) as a space and "please-don't-yell-at-me-too-much-Dreamhost" saving measure. I already plan on doing some fun datamining against it every now and again, like what specs get simmed the most, fight type breakdown by class, stat weight averages for different ilvl ranges by spec, etc.
Beave

Unread postby Beave Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Just registered and giving it a go. Most of what I want from simcraft is for it to tell me which piece of gear is better. Askmrrobot is really bad for mage this tier. I may try to input the stat weights from Beotorch over there and see if it works with the best in bag feature.
comihameha

Unread postby comihameha Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:54 pm

I downloaded simulationcraft today. Sim is 121.8k. Beotorch sims me at 134k. Why is the disparity so large?

Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... a/advanced" target="_blank
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 pm

I downloaded simulationcraft today. Sim is 121.8k. Beotorch sims me at 134k. Why is the disparity so large?

Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... a/advanced" target="_blank
Make sure both were run under the exact same conditions.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
comihameha

Unread postby comihameha Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:42 pm

I figured I'd use both defaults. There's my problem. 5 min vs 7 min.
Twintop

Unread postby Twintop Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Another difference to keep in mind (in general) is I'm using the latest nightly builds which may be more up to date than one of the release versions available.

Return to “General Discussion”