For a very brief overview of out guidelines:
- Do not post spam, excessively use images or nonesense text.
- Do not troll or flame other users.
- Do not post inappropriate or offensive content.
- Do not post or link to content which is illegal or pornographic
- Do not post passive-aggressive or other shunning content
- Advertising and Promotion
- Ban Evasion
- Disallowed Content
- Bans and Warnings
- Discussing Moderator Actions
- Naming and Shaming
- Personal Information (and why you shouldn't post it)
- Respect for your Fellow Members
- Signature and Avatar Guidelines
- Spamming and Trolling
Advertising and Promotion
Advertisements for other sites, businesses, organizations and products are not allowed on Altered Time.
We also understand that there is a large crossover between gamers and content producers/creators, which means that many people may have Youtube, Twitch or other media services/pages that they may wish to promote. In these cases we will use dedicated threads to avoid flooding our forums with self promotion. There are times when you may want to link to a video for context or to prove a point in discussion, this is allowed as long as it is not done excessively or to mask promoting yourself, if you are unsure about whether to post you can send a PM to a moderator to ask permission.
Posting from a secondary account, or having someone else post on your behalf while your account is currently under suspension is not allowed, and will result in further action against your account.
There are several topics which are forbidden and will result in action against your account.
- Gold-selling/Account selling or trading and where to access these services
- Buying or selling of items in-game for actual currency
- Keyloggers, Hoaxes, Phishing sites, Scams of any sort
- Activities considered illegal by Blizzard Entertainment according to the ToS
- Hate speech against any race, religion, gender, country, political belief etc.
- Illegal content
- Referral links
- Medical or Legal Advice
An infraction of the rules can make a moderator decide to give a member an official warning. These warnings are registered events, and can ultimately lead to temporary bans. Warnings last for 6 months, after which they will expire, and they are cumulative.
- 3 warnings - 3 day ban
- 4 warnings - 1 week ban
- 5 warnings - 2 week ban
- 6 warnings - 1 month ban
- 7 warnings - permanent ban
Forum administration reserves the right to remove members for gross violations.
Discussing Moderator Actions
Moderator actions taken against members of the community, or general moderator actions (closing threads, deleting threads/posts etc) are not to be publicly discussed on the forums.
We give our moderators the discretion to moderate their forum section in their style, allowing the community and the mod in charge set the tone. If for any reason you take issue the the actions of a moderator or feel you have been treated unfairly, contact a global moderator through a private message and the matter will be looked into and dealt with.
Problematic situations with global moderators can be relayed to administrators, but be advised that personal attacks or issues will be relentlessly ignored.
Naming and Shaming
We don't want to see one sided accusations or any other form of naming and shaming. Armory links to characters that are not your own will be deleted, as will character names and servers. There may be exceptions to this at the section moderator's discretion (my guildie needs help here is an armory/logs) if you are unsure if you are allowed to post something, feel free to PM a mod to ask.
The naming and shaming goes beyond just characters in game, we want this to be an open and accepting community and in order to do this, we ask that you refrain from overtly bashing members of the community as well as Blizzard employees. We want to keep the line between constructive criticism and character attacks clear.
Personal Information (and why you shouldn't post it)
Under no circumstance should you post personal information about yourself or another person on these forums. We want to respect the privacy of our members as well as keep bots from picking up the information for use in advertising/scams etc.
If you must give someone your own personal information, such as an email address, we advise that you do it through a PM.
Respect for your Fellow Members
Every poster on these boards is an actual person behind the screen, and deserves the respect that you would offer someone in a face to face interaction.
We do not want to see: Racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing.
Keep in mind that while this is an English language site, not every member of our community is a native English speaker. Remember to judge the content of the message over the delivery and not nitpick over language and language barriers.
Signature and Avatar Guidelines
Signatures and avatars generally will follow the same rules as content allowed on these boards, offensive/inappropriate or illegal content is prohibited and will be removed.
Maximum measurements for signature images are 150x800px.
Spamming and Trolling
Neither spamming or trolling is acceptable on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to, the following examples:
- Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
- Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
- Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
- Making non-constructive posts
- Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
- Thread-necro: Reviving an old thread for no reason other than bumping it to the first page
- Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling -- if you feel it is, please use the report button)