Speed Gearing for Highmaul

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Magiclol

Speed Gearing for Highmaul

Unread postby Magiclol Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Wowhead has put together a SICK gearing guide for WoD: Here

In short:

-Molten Core Anniversary Edition gives a 640 helm, mount, and pet.

-Crystals, crystals, and more crystals. Tens of thousands of crystals. Did I mention crystals? I think you need a lot of Apexis Crystals...If you are pro, you will get about 14,000 of these bad boys a week. 630 ilvl items will range from 3000-5000 of them, and the upgrades for said items are substantially more. Upgradeable to 645 on Dec 2nd, then 655 whenever BRF is opened up. Must have a level 2 Garrison for the dailies.

-Legendary Ring quest gives a 630 ilvl then a 640 ilvl ring. It keeps upgrading throughout the expac. Will probably be 680 ilvl relatively soon if you are keeping up with the quest chain.

-Run the Challenge Mode Daily. Even if you only get bronze, you win 640+ ilvl loots (Heroics drop 630+, need Silver Proving Grounds to solo queue)

-Followers going on tier 4 Garrison missions can yield 645+ items, even trinks.

-Garrison Invasions contain 645+ items and mounts.

-World bosses, 650-665+.

Questionable: Crafted items (including inscription trinkets) upgrade from 640 all the way to 665 (655 for weapons). Will need Savage Bloods and other crafting mats to upgrade. Barn lvl 3 helps with this. The recipes for both of the upgrade reagents will take roughly 10 days to buy, and will cost 30 Savage Blood + other mats to make both for the max upgrade, AFTER mats to make the original item. You must also have the profession in order to create the upgrade reagent, not just the garrison building. These upgrade reagents will probably be very expensive on the AH I would assume. Trivial for "speed gearing". Those of us planning on hitting Heroic mode relatively soon probably don't have to worry about these too much, considering Heroic Highmaul drops 670 ilvl and opens up Dec 2nd.

Hope this was a helpful TL;DR!

EDITED:
-Numerous times as more info becomes available. Mostly about crafted items. Please reply if you can contribute!
-Weekly apexis crystal amount estimated too high due to being able to choose one daily.
Last edited by Magiclol on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Soggs
Global Moderator

Re: Speed Gearing for Highmaul

Unread postby Soggs Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:38 pm

You will not get the 655 Apexis gear until Blackrock Foundry is available unless they changed that from beta.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Magiclol

Re: Speed Gearing for Highmaul

Unread postby Magiclol Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:00 pm

You will not get the 655 Apexis gear until Blackrock Foundry is available unless they changed that from beta.
Good catch, forgot to mention that. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”