[WoD] Quick Info for leveling, garrisons, gear and raids

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Soggs
Global Moderator

[WoD] Quick Info for leveling, garrisons, gear and raids

Unread postby Soggs Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 pm

WoD Level 100 guide by skullflower

Leveling:
Horde Speed Leveling Guide
Alliance Speed Leveling Guide
TurnIn and AutoTurnIn both addons free you from the hassle to accept and turn in quests. You only need one.

Leveling Addon probably not as fast as the guides above and requires TomTom

Best spec for leveling is probably Frost with Ice Nova and Incanters Flow. For Arcane and Fire similar is also true take the nova talent and Incanters Flow. You probably want to use http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86209" target="_blank or http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61205" target="_blank for your respective Spec.

Treasure Macros requires TomTom
Treasure Addon 1+2 First link is the base addon and second link contains the actual locations

Leveling Preparations Guide

Garrisons:
Stormspire guide to gold making with garrisons
Askmrrobot Info Sheet

Gearing:
Speed gearing for Highmaul
Spreadsheet for mage gearing
Legendary Questline Info Graphic

Highmaul Raid Schedule
As with raids in Mists of Pandaria, we're staggering the unlock of difficulties for the first raid in the expansion. As with those prior staggered unlocks, our goal here is to let you have fun playing, leveling, and to have time to explore and prepare yourself and your raid group before jumping into this first raid. We'll share information on the unlock schedule for Blackrock Foundry in the future, but are currently expecting it to unlock approximately 8 weeks after Highmaul.

December 2, 2014
Highmaul opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties accessible.

December 9, 2014
Mythic difficulty and the first wing of Raid Finder (Kargath/Butcher/Brackenspore) unlock.

December 16, 2014
Raid Finder Wing 2 (Tectus/Twin Ogron/Ko’ragh) unlocks.

January 6, 2015
Raid Finder Wing 3 (Imperator Mar’gok) unlocks.
Source

Notify me here or on IRC if anything important is missing or if you have another source of good info.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Magiclol

Re: [WoD] Quick Info for leveling, garrisons and gearing

Unread postby Magiclol Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks for the info Soggs!
nathyiel

Re: [WoD] Quick Info for leveling, garrisons and gearing

Unread postby nathyiel Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:43 pm

good information.

A few additional information :
+ do NOT take the XP potion from garrison. Resources have better use, keep them. This potion are good for Alt.
+ you still have time to complete some Daily. Today is Niuzao, Shado-pan is near and there is the portal to Isle of Thunder.
+ CLEAN your bag.

But more importantly on PvP server, use the macro to speak to Khadgar and leave the zone as quickly as possible.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
honkeymagoo

Re: [WoD] Quick Info for leveling, garrisons, gear and raids

Unread postby honkeymagoo Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:05 pm

As someone who just finished leveling, here are my thoughts.

Bonus objectives! Prioritize them, especially in Gorgrond. They give really high exp relative to other quests.

Change to a new zone by going to you garrison and getting the quest as soon as you reach a new level range. The density of uncompleted quests, smaller amount of people, and increased exp in higher level zones makes for much faster leveling. Make sure you finish all bonus objectives first though.

"Wanted" quests give garrison resources, prioritize these right after bonus objectives imo.

Prioritize garrison/khadgar quests, you'll have to do them later anyway.

Get an addon to track treasures. Most of the drops I got were useless but the extra garrison resources are great and treasures give 10k exp. Rare spawns give crap exp and you can go back and clear them all when you hit 100 for resources, I wouldn't go out of my way for them. I killed all the ones I saw, but most of the drops were gear I couldn't use.

You'll probably want your profession buildings in small slots at some point, but consider building an enchanting building first. It allows you to DE the mountain of gear you get while questing. Prices are low for mats atm, but they'll go up. Save your second small slot for salvage yard, which you can get at 96.

Get a lumber mill for your first medium building! Resources have been scarce for me so far and I haven't even bought an exp pot. I just had enough to upgrade to a level 3 town hall when I hit 100 and can't even build my last 2 buildings. It's going to take a while to upgrade everything.

This is just the tip of the iceberg I've seen so far, so much new stuff it's overwhelming :D.
Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Added the very helpful guide of Skullflower.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
willemh

Unread postby willemh Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:30 am

To get the mythic highmaul garrison mission you need to have killed at least 15 bosses on heroic difficulty. Which bosses doesnt matter and multiple kills count even when you're loot locked.

Got mythic belt today, too bad I allready had a heroic warforged multistrike belt so its barely an upgrade :oops:

Return to “General Discussion”