Altered Time Vs Discord

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
spud

Altered Time Vs Discord

Unread postby spud Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:06 am

Is it just me or are people finding it harder to keep on top of the latest mage information? Since the discord channel has taken off I feel I'm missing alot because I cannot spend all day reading discord and the information there seems really unorganised and hard to find the latest hot topics with all the noise going on ....

Not many are posting here anymore .. I feel a little lost ..
Xzaar

Re: Altered Time Vs Discord

Unread postby Xzaar Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:53 pm

I feel the same way. I used to spend so much time on Altered-time back in WoD days and it was very active. Since everyone seems to think Discord is better I've been kinda lost. I can't find information easily, there is just too much noise in the chat and the important stuff is really hard to find.
TheGreyPaladin

Unread postby TheGreyPaladin Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 pm

I agree not much posted on here these days - even the old talent rankings etc are not updated... I do think a lot of the major mage posters dont play much anymore..
jeffrybungle

Unread postby jeffrybungle Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 pm

I had to read back through the research section to discover the noIL build. It's all discord and twitch these days. Maybe I'll make a webpage...
kromula

Unread postby kromula Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Yup. I always lurked on this site down the years as Mage was always one of my alts.

Came back mythic raiding and playing Mage as my main, and have to say it was a real struggle compared to coming from a Warlock where there was central information, structured discord and answers to the standard questions just easily accessible.

I'm a sheep. I'm no good at finding the info or best X myself so tend to rely on others. Always have massive props for theorycrafters and community contributors but only for the fact my friend is an excellent mage I'd have been screwed
Malon
Global Moderator

Unread postby Malon Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm

We use Discord for real-time discussions, research and theorycrafting these days - it's much easier to keep up-to-date when you can ask questions and get responses in seconds rather than hours. Once those results have been formulated and we have information that we know is as accurate as it can be, we post it here for everyone to consume - look at the post just below this one by Frosted, about Mage Essences in 8.2.

All the theorycrafters still play, we just do most of our discussion in real-time now.
Author of Wowhead's official Mage guide: http://www.wowhead.com/classes#mage
Follow me for Mage tips and tricks at @ArcaneTactics (https://twitter.com/ArcaneTactics" target="_blank)
Mortos

Unread postby Mortos Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:01 am

The Power of Altered Time Forum was not the "Here is what the TC got in the end" was also the power to read the discussion itself
since the move to Discord (which is unavoidable and understandable) the discussion here are mostly Q&A and its just less helpful
and there is no way to know if the info is old and outdated (which sometimes it is).

Then again with Raidbots the "Sim" yourself became a none issue
and the only 'real' issue is learning about break through ways of playing (like NoIL etc)
so I tend to go over the Research section of Discord once in a while if I want real information.

But that's life, and you guys are spending the time you enjoy in a way you enjoy.

Return to “General Discussion”