Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Pluckles

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby Pluckles Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:46 am

Hello people.

I'm Pluckles, from Kul Tiras (US). I, uhh, blow up shit, cause fire, and yea. Came back to play Legion after a 6 year break, and currently still loving the mage as my favorite class. If you're on my server or just want to look me up, feel free to do so.
Wickedintent

Unread postby Wickedintent Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Hello,

My usual name is Wickedintent, but do have mages and many other alts around the WoW universe. I have played a mage, mostly arcane and frost, since Lich King. I have played WoW since launch back in 2004. I very much love the game, have played many classes, but always come back to my mage. If you are on Bloodhoof - Alliance or Cenarion Circle - Horde (mage name Omnichrome) please say hello.

I'm looking forward to reading and responding to all of the good material I have seen thus far.

Wicked
Venno

Unread postby Venno Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:05 am

Hey all! Have been reading these forums for a while, thought saying hello would be nice.

Who are you? Venno, currently a frost mage on barthilas.

Why do you play a mage? Cause I like it.

What brought you to these forums? Returned at legion launch after not playing for many years. Needed to know what to do.

What are you looking to find here? Knowledge from people much better at mage than I am.
pkzeroh

Unread postby pkzeroh Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello!

I'm Pkzeroh, a fire mage on Azralon. I started playing WoW in the end of WoD as a frost mage. At the start of legion I didn't like how dumb my water elemental was (my fault, didn't know how to use it properly) and rerolled to fire. Currently I'm happy with the spec but I'm on the process of learning Arcane in case I feel like switching.

My google researches brought me here when I started playing, now I decided to participate too.
Deltoramasta

Unread postby Deltoramasta Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:29 am

Greetings,

I am Deltoramasta of Whisperwind. I have been a mage since I can remember and have always enjoyed the playstyles it offers. I've always closely followed the discussions and thought provoking conversations of Altered-time, but have not actively participated until recently. Its time to throw my wizard hat into the ring.

I am an Arcane Mage at heart and always will be, and I look forward to chatting with other mages regarding it.

-Deltoramasta
Wixard

Unread postby Wixard Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Greetings,

I am Deltoramasta of Whisperwind. I have been a mage since I can remember and have always enjoyed the playstyles it offers. I've always closely followed the discussions and thought provoking conversations of Altered-time, but have not actively participated until recently. Its time to throw my wizard hat into the ring.

I am an Arcane Mage at heart and always will be, and I look forward to chatting with other mages regarding it.

-Deltoramasta
You may have forgotten to mention that you are rank 1 Arcane Mage on 9/10 NH HC... EXTREMELY relevant info!

Thanks,
Wix
Users

Unread postby Users Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:17 am

Hello, my name is users from zul'Jin (US)
I re-rolled recently from miserably playing my dk (long time main) to a mage, and I have to say I'm really enjoying fire this expansion.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Welcome to AT guys. :)
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
brownin

Unread postby brownin Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:07 am

Who are you? Brownin, frost mage on Twisting Nether (EU)

Why do you play a mage? Because it is the first character I made on vanilla release and have loved it since.

What brought you to these forums? Returned to WoW at legion launch after not playing since Cata. Guildie told me about the site being helpful.

What are you looking to find here? Information and cake :D
Pygmay

Unread postby Pygmay Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:10 am

Hi I'm Pygmay,

I've always been main Priest since WotLK and recently my guild was not needing healers anymore, I chose to reroll to a class I've never played and never considered before, it was rogue or mage.

Leveling as Arcane, I found it soooooo much boring and I gave up my mage for a moment to try my rogue. Then I realized Frost was actually viable in PvE. The hipster deep down me thought "That would be so cool to play Frost in PvE" because it has always been a PvP spec in my mind. And it turned out that I really love the gameplay and it also became my new main character. My Priest, after so long, you will be missed.

So I'm a French guy from "Conseil des Ombres" (EU), my character's name is Xhosa. As a fan of "How2Priest", I really like these community forums and websites, a lot more than official forums, because it is full of experienced players, but also of players really interested in progressing and improving themselves and as a PvE player, this is the kind of environnement needed if you want to go further.

I hope to find good people here, see you soon.

Oh I almost forgot my progress, 3/7MM, 2/3HM, 4/10HM. I love high level raiding but I can't afford the time and sacrifices implied by a High Level Mythic Guild and I prefer my small but friendly guild on my small server :P
Still looking forward to clean EN MM and ToV MM in the future, but for now, NH is calling me !
grizzo

Unread postby grizzo Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Hello,

I'm Grizzo from Aggra, and I've currently rolled a Mage as my ranged dps alt (have been noticing that everyone says that it was a bad choice lol).

I've been playing WoW since the WoTLK and I've been really enjoying Legion.

Leveled into 108 with Frost and Arcane I'm still struggling to understand what spec should I grind on M+ and raids so I'm hoping what I will learn from this forum may help me optimize what my choice may be.
"I came to Karazhan seeking knowledge. What I found was a reminder, that no single person, not even a Guardian, can stand against the Legion alone. As before, we must band together, united, for Azeroth!"
[/b]
Razielsr1

Unread postby Razielsr1 Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:37 am

Hi

I'm Raz and I've main'ed a Mage since the MoP. Currently invested in Fire.

Started playing seriously at the end of Wrath because Cata looked interesting.

I'm here to help where ever I can... and because this is one of the few sites my work doesn't block :D . You'll find me mostly floating around the Q&A forums here.

If you're interesting in knowing more, ask and maybe I'll find the time to give you an answer.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:08 pm

I guess I should have done this a while ago.

Hey there,

I'm Katsu. I used to raid competitively during Vanilla and BC and took a break of several years afterwards. I returned for Legion and was impressed by the state of the game. The sophistication of the theorycrafting community then got me hooked again. After spending some months getting up to speed I recently joined a decent guild to go Mythic raiding. I'm now working my way back to the place where I used to be.

Aside from my mage I'm also playing a prot warrior and a disc priest, but both mainly to benefit from a change of perspective and to become a more team-oriented damage dealer. I made the decision to play mage so long ago that I can't remember the reasons. I think I never switched because the class has an amazing kit. You're always among the last men standing. Class balance might change, but dead people still do no damage.

Having discovered that elitistjerks had vanished, I think found this place because I was looking for a substitute. There are very few digital places where you can discuss things on a serious level. I'm enjoying the quality of the posts here and have to commend the mods for that.

I'm looking forward to reading more high-quality insights and intend to contribute to the best of my abilities.

Thanks,

Katsu.
Dakodai

Unread postby Dakodai Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Figured I'd finally sign up here as well,

Heya,

I'm Dakodai also known as Deer, and I've been playing mage on and off since early Cataclysm. I picked frost on the first mage I ever leveled and I just pretty much stuck with it since.

After taking a long break during most of WoD, I recently resubbed late into legion. Currently raiding some heroic NH with a very friendly bunch of people I came across on Sylvanas-EU, and having a blast playing frost.
Since the last expansion I properly played was Mist of Pandaria, it certainly took a while to get used to the new game design in Legion. But now that I'm a little further into it, I'm really enjoying it.

Up until quite recently I've always been someone that never really had the drive to maximize my potential, simply playing the game was good enough for me. However lately I noticed myself wanting to improve more and more. I stumbled across this website in the process.

I am what I like to call a "creative fool". I like figuring things out for myself by trial and error, rather then jumping on the cookie cutter bandwagon (not that that's a bad thing). Fooling around with onorthodox builds and playstyles is my favorite thing to do, even if that means I sometimes fail horribly in the process. :D

So yeah, that's me!

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!
<Inspiring life quote>
Habibikareem

Unread postby Habibikareem Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:12 pm

I am Habibikareem <Wardens> US-Sargeras
I play mage cause its what i played back in vanilla on my brother account who i never level capped :shock: . I play mage pretty much all day in a semi-hardcore raiding guild.I play mage because it is my favorite class in wow and despite all of my alts mage is the most fun for me. I found AT when i was looking for teh best 1337 simguides for mages in legion cause i wanna be the very best(that noone ever was). I came to AT to find useful info to play and improve my gameplay (which has gone up 600% due to Frosted and thingy) and after seeing all the hard work people do on this Website made me want to contribute so i made a Frost mage loot guide for NH and currently updating it for ToS.

Thanks for everything you guys do!
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed May 24, 2017 11:21 am

Welcome to the site! :)
Twitter
Armory

caBOOMz

Unread postby caBOOMz Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Hey, I'm Caboomz EU-Kazzak, mythic raider in late night guild <Once Again>. Playing mage since wotlk and can't stop. I'm visiting this forum on daily basis, but wasn't ever registered here. So I have decided to join this community and say HI :) See you in upcoming discussions :)
Doty

Unread postby Doty Sun May 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi guys, I'm Volantis-Terrodar(EU) aka Doty. I am a Lichking baby and I played Wl/Druid and Mage. So I decided to main a Mage in Legion. It's my only character this expansion and I'm trying to do well in all three speccs, always challenging myself to get better.
Getting information and testing things out is a big part of my mindest to improve, so I came to altered time.
I am a low class mythic Raider, due to my study schedule and I don't want to change that.
I actually posted a lot, during ptr testing(7.2.5) and I thought it was time to introduce myself.
so cheers guys, lets do this.
Ava

Unread postby Ava Tue May 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi, I'm Ava. I'm from all realms... well, not really. Right now I'm just moving around until I settle somewhere that I like. That said, I'm a semi retired raider ish, ex healer, ex Mistweaver Monk theorycrafter, etc. Nowadays my focus is more on being a collector, while still dabbling in all types of content as a soloist and pugging what I can when possible.

I'm still in the process of making the Mage class my main character, and I'm sorta still new to the DPS role, because I've only ever healed. I did have another Mage I started at the end of the Burning Crusade (my second character ever made), who's retired and who I use to play closely to my other main characters. Moving along, I retired my Mistweaver Monk two months before Legion's release, using my Hunter as a bridge until DHs became available and played one full-time until the end of April. However, I'm currently coasting between her and my current Mage.

It was a huge move to leave my Mistweaver Monk behind, who I still endure deeply, but I needed a change of scenery from healing. I do care about my DH very much as well, but my Mage and her are neck and neck in terms of importance – one on each faction. Regardless of that, I'm enjoying all the Mage specializations, with Arcane being my top priority. I am curious to see how Arcane turns out, especially if Legion delivers some new spell graphics (MoA's casting animation is awesome). If so, then my Mage might take the slot of main character full-time.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:11 am

Welcome to AT, Ava! :)
Twitter
Armory

Return to “General Discussion”