Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
TheLixy

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby TheLixy Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Elixir, you can call me Lixy or Lix or Elixir, your preference. I am a semi hardcore raider with a guild on Ghostlands US. I have been playing since Vanilla Beta. I have played all kinds of classes but I gravitate to Mage because Well, Mage. I have played all specs of Mages as far back as leveling with Fire in Vanilla, switching to Frost for Molten Core and BWL. I raided heavily in Vanilla, BC, Wrath. I got burned out on the changes in Cataclysm and took a couple breaks. came back for Mists of Pokemon, and played off and on till Warlords released. I have found the enjoyment in WoW again and will probably be here to stay : )

I currently am playing frost (however my heart is forever Arcane) and as soon as I can swing it will be switching from Frosts boring whack-a-mole superiority I will be headed to Arcane. I believe every mage should have to manage Mana. Frost never has a problem with mana, and I feel that is what makes it so much more overpowered nowadays.

In real life: I am a 40 something year old software developer for a rather large consulting company in the US. I spend entirely too much time on the computer, either at work or at home. when I am not feeding my addictions I love to go camping with my wife, reading Sci Fi/Fantasy Fiction, or taking naps. I am highly opinionated but I will try and keep that in check.

I was a huge proponent of casting Chaos Portals at the end of raids that would send my Raid Mates to a random location ( cast every portal in the same location and let them play roulette) last time I checked you can no longer do this.... which makes my heart sad.

Hello again. pleased to mee'cha.
Zoltan

Unread postby Zoltan Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:42 am

Hello everyone,

The name is Aanya and I'm currently staying on Khadgar-EU. I've been a resto druid for the largest part of my wow carreer (which is clocking 8 years around now) but I've been fiddling and fumbling with my mage on the side lines.

Since I've been doing the same thing over and over again for the past 8 years or so, I decided to main my mage since I could use a change of scenery. Personally, I'm convinced this is the wisest decision I've made in years.

In my personal life I'm a CEO of a healthcare organisation. So most of my times goes into that and the rest I spend online.

I hope I can ask a lot of questions and learn a lot from you guys! Thanks for having me!

Kind regards,
Aanya
I offer you an instant trip, and expect to get a healthy tip, if the pay is under par, this will lead to Orgrimmar.
Haotududis

Unread postby Haotududis Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:40 pm

Hey y'all!

Completely new to the mage class -- WoD and the insta-boost to 90 reeled me in to play this game again (I can never seem to leave it seems). Before all this jazz, I was a shadow priest since late BC and started semi-hardcore raiding in WoTLK into Cata. Quit after Firelands and came back (as a lock) in MoP and quit within the first month of raids as things just weren't as "fun" as I remembered it being. Hoping that playing a new class and the new expansion will rejuvenate that "love for the game" again to be completely honest.

I love interacting with the community and it seems like you guys have a great one here. I wrote and maintained a shadow priest PvE guide on the official forums and other sites through WoTLK/Cata so I really do enjoy all the theorycrafting, collaborating, and whatnot. I don't plan on doing anything similar for mages unfortunately since I don't plan on raiding again besides PuGs/LFR (no guild schedules, bleh) due to time constraints. It was much easier being able to sit at home all day and raid in high school compared to college now where there's always "something else to do", haha. However, I still want to interact with the community and play this class to the best of my ability which is what I hope to achieve from being on the forums here!

Real life stuff: I'm a sophomore in college and I've been playing this game at a serious/high level starting when I was about 13-14. I still remember how hard it was to get progression guilds to take me seriously at that age, but I caught a break somewhere in there. Somewhat unfortunately, I have chosen not to completely dedicate myself to this game as I previously have in the past, so I'm attempting to take a more casual approach to this game (keyword: attempting). Anyways, back to all the fun real life stuff that I know people care so much about. I'm studying business/Computer Info Systems and I'm really just living the life of your typical college student -- a little too much drinking, late nights/early mornings, caffeine overloads, attempting to balance school/working/social life/enough sleep/playing the vidya games and all that fun stuff.

See y'all around!
Chocodonut

Unread postby Chocodonut Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Hello fellow mages! I am Chocodonut! I found out about this website from Turkeyburger and i decided to check it out.
I like how the website is compact and all the info is easy to access, its interesting because its a mage only forum, i think thats very nice.

Anyway I started playing the Mage class during dragon soul. I was in US-Ysondre at the time in a guild called Fast Forward, just a small rag tag group of players that wanted to progress seriously through the current content.. which was sadly at the time.. Dragon Soul. We had great success in our journey inside Dragon Soul, we cleared the instance 8/8H but alas it was during the 30% nerf was up but since this was my 1st real semi hardcore progression guild and current content kill it felt pretty darn good when we finally killed Deathwing for the 1st time.

I continued raiding with my guild until MSV came out and being in a low pop server we were at the top of the server for progression but that quickly went to hell once we got to elegon and combined how annoying that boss was with burnt out raiders, the guild fell apart and i was left with nothing.

I took a break from raiding and I didnt play at all until SOO came out and i started playing with some IRL friends and their former guildmates, this guild was very casual and it was just for fun so we didnt really achieve anything major progression wise.

Now in WOD I am trying to get back into a semi hardcore raiding environment with a new guild. I now play in US-Mal'ganis.

I will be lurking the forums reading the posts, maybe offer a response if i feel like i can contribute something but seeing as i cannot TC at all and i just follow most of the theorycrafters guides and what not, id rather say thank you to all of you theorycrafting mages out there who help out mages like myself ^^
Carwey

Unread postby Carwey Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:09 am

Hello everyone,

I'm Carwey of Pure EU and I'm from Finland. Things I do outside of WoW are school, gym and dota2.

A brief summary of my history in WoW before WoD:
Spoiler:
I started off playing the game in late vanilla/TBC on my brothers account when he wasn't playing since I was still very young back then. In the start of WotlK I got my very own computer and finally got my own account. Since my previous character(a warlock) had become unavailable, I leveled another lock to 55 and made myself a DK. In WotlK I played a lot of PvP and raided one night a week very casually with a bunch of friends.

In cata I leveled my char to 85, but quit soon after. At that time I was a lot more invested in Dota, HoN and CoD.

Mop was my first expansion when I actually raided at a somewhat ok level. I started off the expansion as a warlock with an alt group from my current guild through my brother. Since the group only raided one night a week and wasn't extremely progress oriented(since the other members had already cleared the content on 25man on their mains), our progress wasn't that exceptional. We still got every boss on heroic except Lei-Shen before Siege. During ToT I also joined my friend's guild, which was the first time I ever had a raiding schedule of more than one night a week(around world rank 1000-2000). I played a DK and continued there until the start of 2014 when the guild disbanded.

At that point I decided to apply to my current guild since I had already played with them and knew a lot of people there. The guild was in a dire need of a mage so I rerolled.
TL;DR: Brother account until Wotlk when I played casually. Didn't really play in Cata, joined my first real guild in MoP.
First progress as a mage was in WoD.

The start of WoD was slightly bumpy for me since the launch was right at the start of an exam week in school. I barely had the time to do the daily CM and the garrison shizzles. Fortunately I had a lot more time when Highmaul opened and the progress went fairly well, ending at world rank 84 as of now. I think we're rank 1-2 three night a week guild(raiding 11 hours), but it's hard to keep track since many guilds tempt to raid more than they actually say.

A bit more about myself as a WoW player: I value big dick dps players and minmaxers very highly. I can't take people seriously if their race /spec/whatever is not fully optimal. I like going over my logs after raids to see how I could have done better, and often aim to rank as highly as I can.

Guess that's it for now :P
Killget

Unread postby Killget Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi guys, Im Killget.

Wow player in vanilla (not raiding), Warlock main in Wotlk. Mage from MoP and Main Mage ever since.

Great community here at AT. Amazing threads and far more in depth than any other sources out there.

See you guys on the Forums :)
Joban

Unread postby Joban Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:27 am

Hi, I'm Joban

Been raiding since BC. Switched to Mage from Resto Druid in Cata. The way I found this website was interesting. In December, the top guild on my server suddenly appeared to have a new player, a mage named Komma. He posted one of their logs, which I frequently look at to compare dps/talents, etc. He crushed their dps meters, and these are fairly legit players, top 100 US guild anyways. He only did 1 raid with them and never came back, so I am still confused by this, but now I am on a mission to find this mage and learn his tricks. Ended up connecting the dots with a poster named Komman on MMO and a post about ignite ticks and T-17 set bonus. Now that I've found this site, the posted logs make a lot of sense.

Lots of great info on here. Look forward to reading more threads. Keep up the good work.
Jebbage

Unread postby Jebbage Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Hello,

I'm Jeb (Jebbage - US Drenden), and I've been lurking on these forums for a few months now. I've been playing a mage ever since I started playing in late Burning Crusade/early Wrath, but only seriously raiding since Dragon Soul opened. I started out in a super casual guild that raided probably once a month throughout Wrath, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I wanted to get into it more seriously. I spent a lot of time reading Elitist Jerks, spending time with Rawr, and learning SimulationCraft when I learned about it.

I got caught up in PvP with friends, so I didn't start raiding more seriously until Dragon Soul came out, but my new raid team went 8/8H about a month before the end of the expansion. In Mists, we started really strong, but ultimately made slow progress, so late Siege I started looking for a new guild. That's when I joined Dsylxeic, who were US 13th 10H guild preparing for mythic. In Highmaul we managed US 16th, which is incredible to me. I've continued my learning about the mage class over the years, but I feel it's about time I start contributing.
Espo

Unread postby Espo Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm Moritz playing wow since beginnig of WoD, was boosting me a monk at first but didn't like the playstyle so i tried a hunter, warrior, pala, dudu and warlock but at last i ended on a mage and enjoy the playstyle a lot.
I'm reading here since my mage hits 100 and learing every day a new fact.

Mainly i doing dungeons and LFR because i don't have a group to do highmaul. And doing some work on the dummies if i have the time in the evening to get used to the mage :).

In my real life im a Software developer living in Germany.

Greetings and keep up the awesome work!
quoi

Unread postby quoi Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm Quoi, been playing mage on Sen'jin since Feb 05. Took some time off at the end of TBC and again during Cataclysm and mained a DK through Wrath, Cata, and the beginning of MoP but came back to my first love for SoO and WoD. Played frost in SoO but now trying to learn Arcane and off speccing Fire for that sweet sweet cleave damage. This site has been invaluable so far in providing pointers and info on both specs, especially Arcane which I haven't specced into since it had talents like Wand Spec and Clearcasting.

My guild Hypnosis is mostly people that I've been playing with since the beginning. They are capable people and we aren't half bad for only raiding 5 hours a week.

IRL I'm a tax accountant living in the Boston, Massachusetts area.

Thanks and keep up the great work with this site. It's an incredible resource for both new and experienced mages.
Xenra

Unread postby Xenra Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:55 pm

Hello.

I'm Justin. Mage's name is Xenra, but I'm probably more known to people I play with as Umira. That's my shaman's name, as I've only recently officially swapped to mage.

Started playing in Cata, managed to hop onto the raiding train in DS and clear it heroic. Off and on in MoP until ToT. Cleared that and Siege heroic as well. Always had a mage alt that I very much enjoyed. Played it as much, if not more, than my shaman. Was always as geared and as experienced. Basically had two mains. :shock:

Had the opportunity to swap in WoD and decided to take it.

Loved Fire in T16, and that's what I enjoy playing the most. However, I enjoy every spec of mage in some way.

Lots of knowledgeable people here. Good place to learn. Looking forward to seeing what comes through here.
Flamalicious

Unread postby Flamalicious Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 am

Hey everyone,

My name is Flamalicious and I am a mage in the guild <Raiding Rainbows> on US-Illidan currently ranked US 38th. I've always been a reader of alter time but never had my own account until recently so I thought it would be necessary for me to introduce myself.

I've been playing wow since vanilla and ever since the very beginning I feel in love with a mage. Ever since the first day I created my character my goal has always been to improve as a player and to be able to be proficient in all arcane specs with a main focus on progression and parsing. I consider myself to be very knowledgeable of the mage class and I'm here to not only to assist others but to learn more from all the great minds on this website.

I also stream our mythic progression every night and our raid times are Sunday-Thursday 8:30pm-12:00am. Feel free to check me out at:
http://www.twitch.tv/flamalicious" target="_blank

Cheers :D
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:21 am

Welcome to the site (well, participating in the site / community).
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:33 am

My name is Flamalicious and I am a mage in the guild <Raiding Rainbows> on US-Illidan currently ranked US 38th
Your name and your avatar are at odds with each other! :shock:
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Diepfries

Unread postby Diepfries Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:44 am

He guys, I'm Diepfries and have been in the game since 4.1, this character was my first and has been my main since then. I only play Frost and do only PvP. I also play Rogue, Hunter, Monk and DK on max level (i started them to learn their class mechanics so i can counter them in PvP)

I'm Guildmanager of PvPRated on Terenas-EU trying to inject some pvp on this pve realm. I've never been raiding (exept for a brief period in MOP and only LFR) and have no intentions to do so in the future.

In Rl i'm working at a bank as fraud detection officer most of my spare time goes into WOW.

As a veteran of the Royal Dutch Navy I love the tactical aspect of PvP in BG and World pvp instances and trying to lead my forces to win in bg and Ashram.
Ohkriegersan

Unread postby Ohkriegersan Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:39 am

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ohkriegersan, although most people just shorten it to Ohk. I have been playing this game since the good old fire resist gear stacking days in MC (do not miss the fire resis pots...)!

I multi class most of the time, but my mage is my original character and I like it way too much.

I normally get asked to play my priests when they reach level caps because for some reason I can play disc well enough, to at least at the time, solo heal most encounters when doing 10 man. Simply put, I hate healing and how mind-numbling inducing it can be.

Just started raiding again this expac and getting used to the fact that I cannot play true fire until the gear catches up!
Orcanicwater

Unread postby Orcanicwater Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:06 pm

~
Last edited by Orcanicwater on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:05 am

Welcome to the forums guys!
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Rosvall

Unread postby Rosvall Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 pm

I guess I'll introduce myself as well

Hey, I'm not mainly a mage, but a rogue. I have however recently switched my primary alt to mage, and thus I have a need to play it really well. My rogue goes under the name Rosvall, and my mage is Erotic. Both are in the Swedish guild NollTvåTre on Tarren Mill. Ended this tier at 50th world and will soon start reprogressing on alts.

I'm fairly active on #alteredtime on irc and very active on #ravenholdt so I guess a few of you know me from there. Started playing back in Vanilla, been a rogue throughout the whole ride. Used to be a resto shaman as main alt, but #at intrigued me enough to swap. Really enjoying it so far, especially the fire style.

I guess I stream all progress aswell at http://www.twitch.tv/rosvall" target="_blank mainly rogue during new raids. But will be a lot more mage now when we're doing it on alts. It's in Swedish though.

Not sure what more to write, hopefully it'll be a fun ride. Catch me on irc.
rayzel

Unread postby rayzel Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Greetings All,

I'm Rayzel, been on a mage since vanilla. Love the class and love fire spec. Not sure what else to say here. I've taken time off here and there to avoid burnout. For almost all of the time I've been raiding and playing really wished I could find a mage community. Used to use EJ for the information they had and when I was finally told about this place I was really happy to realize there was a place for us all to gather and exchange information. The posts I've read in here so far have been great resources and after hitting the IRC channel last night for some advice I'm really impressed and glad to finally be a part of this community.

I'm hoping that finding this place will help me get more involved in the mage community as a whole and learn more about the theory crafting and simulation sides as I've been either using information other people have generated or doing what "felt" best up to this point.

Thanks for being here, thanks for the great guides and informational posts and I look forward to being able to contribute myself in the future.

Return to “General Discussion”