Keybinds

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Failish

Keybinds

Unread postby Failish Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Long story short - healer for 8 years, love my Naga and clique a little too much.

I use the typical 1-9, shift mods, q e f g r. But I use my side buttons for 1-9. What I'm looking for is a more optimal set-up. I understand everyone's set-up is going to a bit different and not ideal for everyone else, just looking for ideas. Also, small hands.

Thanks in advance!
Wilderness

Re: Keybinds

Unread postby Wilderness Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Everytime I've seen one of these types of threads I always end up being different than most people - I've never used 1-9 keys for main abilities. It just felt weird to me and seemed to make it harder to hit things while moving. I use the keys right around WASD for main abilities:

E is always my main cast (AB/Frostbolt/Fireball); shift-E being my main secondary cast (AM/FFB/Pyro)
R: Ice Floes; Shift-R Spellsteal
T: RoP
Q: Poly (1st cast sets target as focus, subsequent uses re-cast on focus target; shift-Q: Poly (current target)
F: Nothing(Arcane)/Waterjet/Scorch; shift-F: Pet Freeze
C: CoC/Dragon's Breath
V: Abarr/IL/Inferno Blast
G: PC or AO/PC or Meteor/Frozen Orb; Shift-G: AE
Shift-S: lvl 75 talent (mage bomb or Ice Nova/BW/Super nova)
1: Ice Floes + RoP Macro; Shift-1: Evocation
2: Invis
3: Iceblock
4: Blizzard/Flamestrike
Mouse button 1: Combustion/PC (for Frost)
Mouse button 2: CS/focus-CS (shift)

Random stuff:
Z - start running
7-0 with shift modifiers too: various mounts (ground/flying/water/mammoth/etc)

As you can see, I don't have all my usual binds used in each spec. I used to have things bound to 5 and to use more shift and even some ctrl modifiers, but the ability pruning and making some spells spec-specific cleared up a bunch of room on my bars. Some of them might seem odd, but when my bars were stuffed full and I had more binds then I just put stuff where I could (like AE being shift-G for example; 1 used to be my "mana button" so 1 was gem, shift-1 was Evo, and so its stuck for Evo now) and now I'm used to them. I try to have similar types of abilities set to the same key for the different specs whenever possible.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Failish

Unread postby Failish Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks Wilderness!

Funny, I actually changed my main spell and proc to E and shift-E just based on comfort alone.
Azo

Unread postby Azo Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 am

M=mouse, alt=M6 (set alt modifier on mousebutton 6). E, S and F are movement keyes. Ctrl is a mousebutton on top (G600) just to the right of right mousebutton.

Space, Frostbolt
A, Ice Lance
alt+A, Icy Nova/Frost Nova
D, special boss button, example targetmacro, extrabutton 1 etcetera. (sometimes use < instead, undecided.)
G, Cone of Cold
alt+G, Blizzard
Q, Pet Nova
alt+Q, Spellsteal
W, Frost Bomb
alt+W, Intellect potion
R, Water Jet
alt+R, Ring of Frost
T, Prismatic Crystal
Z, Ice Barrier
alt+Z, Cancel aura time warp
C, Healing Tonic
alt+C Amplify magic
M1, On use trinket unless macroed
ctral+M1, Frozen Orb
M2, Counterspell
ctral+M2, Counterspell focus target
M3, Ice Blcok
ctral+M3, Invisibility
M4, Deep Freexe
ctrl+M4, Deep Freeze focus target
M5, Frostfirebolt
M7, Ice Floes
ctral+M7, Escape Artist
M8, Remove Curse
ctral+M8, Slow Fall
M9, Blink
ctrl+M9, Nitro Boost
M10, Polymorph
ctral+M10, Polymorph focus target
M11, Jump
M12, Mirror image/Rune of Power macro
ctral+M12, Icy Veins

This way my finger never have to move more then 1 button on the keyboard and with very few exceptions (R, T, G, (C) )I can with ease press any key and still have fingers on all three movement keyes. I use mouse a lot which not all like. I changed to this set-up a month before WoD hited.
Tipsey

Unread postby Tipsey Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Interesting ... I've never thought about binding modifier keys to the mouse. I like this concept and may have to play around with it.

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”