Combustion Helper

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Blinkz

Combustion Helper

Unread postby Blinkz Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi Guys,

This is somewhat of a random question but basically at the end of a combustion the addon prints a line of text with the total dmg and the tick count on the left hand site (text) in general chat. "-- Total Combustion : 872863" etc etc I'm trying to make it so that this text goes into another chat window for example my messages chat tab 'ChatFrame3' on the right side of my screen. I've been through ALL of the settings within the addon interface and also stripped down all of the code from within the actually addon itself but I've not been able to identify the line which needs to be changed.

Any one out there have any ideas at all? I know its a long shot. I will post screen shots to example this in more details if required.

Thanks,
ßlinkz - Eu - Terokkar
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Combustion Helper

Unread postby Chev Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Im not that great at LUA but this is what I found.

The "localization.en.lua" is where it specify the messages that are printed to your chat window. E.g.

Code: Select all

["combureport1"] = "|cffff0000 -- Total Combustion : |cffffffff%d |cffff0000- Ticks : |cffffffff%d |cffff0000- Dmg : |cffffffff%d |cffff0000- Targets : |cffffffff%d |cffff0000--|r",
If I then search for "combureport1" in CombustionHelper.lua I find the following lines in the " Combustion_OnUpdate" function:

Code: Select all

print(format(CombuLoc["combureport1"],combucombustiondmg,combuticks,combutickdmg,combutargets)) combutimestamp = nil
As I said, my LUA is not that strong but I read that as printing to the default chat window rather than specifying a chat window to print to. I guess you could try using something like "AddChatWindowMessages" to specify a chat window rather than using the print command. As this is editing the LUA, you will need to do this every time you update the addon.
Blinkz

Re: Combustion Helper

Unread postby Blinkz Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks for the help, I managed to work it out by changing the print function on the report to use ChatFrame3:Addmessage

Thanks

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”