[Help] WeakAuras bar for Incanter's Flow

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
suchtie

[Help] WeakAuras bar for Incanter's Flow

Unread postby suchtie Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:19 am

I'm currently using an icon to track my Incanter's Flow since I don't use it very often, but for uniformity in my UI I'd like to change it to a bar which displays my current IF stacks. I already found a way to achieve this, but there's a problem.

I also play Elemental shaman, so I was looking for a bar to track my Lightning Shield stacks. A user on MMOChampion posted a very good WA string which did exactly that. Sadly I don't have the source but here is the string I'm using. The bar fills up the more LS stacks you have and is filled completely at 20 stacks.

It's using custom LUA triggers to track the stacks. The important piece of code is in the "Duration Info" part:

Code: Select all

function() local _,_,_,s = UnitBuff("player", 'Lightning Shield', nil, "PLAYER") if not s then s = 0 end return s,20, function() return s,20 end end
Now I also wanted to use this for tracking IF. The problem is that "Incanter's Flow" contains an apostrophe, so if I just replace the 'Lightning Shield' it will obviously give me a syntax error. I already tried replacing the single quotes with double quotes, but while it won't give me an error it still doesn't work, just showing an empty bar with a value of 0.

Of course I have no clue about LUA or about how custom triggers actually work.

How can I change this to track IF stacks correctly?
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: [Help] WeakAuras bar for Incanter's Flow

Unread postby Chev Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:35 pm

I don't have wow in front of me to test but you should be able to change the apostrophes to quotation marks as shown here http://wow.gamepedia.com/API_UnitBuff
suchtie

Re: [Help] WeakAuras bar for Incanter's Flow

Unread postby suchtie Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 pm

That's it. I tried again with quotation marks/double quotes, but it only worked after a UI reload.

Code: Select all

function() local _,_,_,s = UnitBuff("player", "Incanter's Flow", nil, "PLAYER") if not s then s = 0 end return s,5, function() return s,5 end end
It works now, thanks for the help.

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”