Fixes to the Mage AffDots Module

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Hendrikto

Fixes to the Mage AffDots Module

Unread postby Hendrikto Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 am

Hello Forum,

since DoTs are far more powerful for Arcane Mages compared to the other specs, I've started using AffDots to monitor their strength. As you know AffDots needs a plugin to work for non-Warlocks and the standard one from Curse which is being developed and maintained by Xab3r works but does not take Rune of Power and Mastery: Mana Adept into account when calculating DoT strength. Both RoP and Mana Adept are central to Arcane, so I've looked into the code and fixed both of these issues which was easily done.

I'm at work currently but when I get home I'll upload the modified code in case someone's interested.

EDIT: I'm home now, so here is the fixed version (1.2) http://pastebin.com/Kdx1KXTV. Just replace the contents of "./affdots-mage/main.lua" with my code and it will be fixed.

EDIT 2: Btw: I've already contacted Xab3r but he did not respond yet.
Last edited by Hendrikto on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Fixes to the Mage AffDots Module

Unread postby Chev Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 am

YES PLEASE!!!
Hendrikto

Unread postby Hendrikto Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:12 pm

YES PLEASE!!!
Updated my original post, check it out :)
Lavok

Unread postby Lavok Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:20 pm

This does seem to fix RoP but no reaction to Mana Adept as far as I can tell.
Hendrikto

Unread postby Hendrikto Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 pm

This does seem to fix RoP but no reaction to Mana Adept as far as I can tell.
Well, it does include Mana Adept:

Code: Select all

if spec == 1 then dmg_buff = dmg_buff + ((GetMasteryEffect() / 100) * (UnitMana("Player") / UnitManaMax("Player"))) end
if you change the next line from

--print("DmgBuff "..dmg_buff)
to

print("DmgBuff "..dmg_buff)
it will even post the current dmg_buff to the ingame Chatbox every time it gets updated.

EDIT: "dmg_buff" acts as a multiplier that is applied as a final step when calculating DoT strength.
Lavok

Unread postby Lavok Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Yeah I found the line and also when I made it post the changes in chat, it does not change based on mana for some reason.
Hendrikto

Unread postby Hendrikto Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Yeah I found the line and also when I made it post the changes in chat, it does not change based on mana for some reason.
I think I've found the problem you were referring to: Mana Adept was only calculated when something else changed. I fixed this now so it's always being updated. Check the OP :)
Lavok

Unread postby Lavok Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:06 am

Seems to be working as intended. Thanks for fix!
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks for the update. I can also confirm that changing mana levels is causing the addon to update and show a different figure. However, I have found when using living bomb, the UI element disappears when the countdown gets to 5. NT is not effected.

Applying LB to multiple targets will continue to show the UI element until the most recently applied bomb reaches 5 at which time it will be hidden until a new bomb is applied. E.g. LB on 2 targets 2 seconds part. Switch back to the first target and the addon is visible until the LB timer gets to 3 or 5 on the 2nd target.

**Edit: It is not your fault. I have just re-downloaded addon from Curse and the same thing is happening
Hendrikto

Unread postby Hendrikto Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:02 am

**Edit: It is not your fault. I have just re-downloaded addon from Curse and the same thing is happening
Yeah, strange... it's working for me. Maybe some other AddOn interfering? AffDots stores its functions in global variables which allows it to be hooked and modified but may also cause problems with other AddOns.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:50 am

Yeah, strange... it's working for me. Maybe some other AddOn interfering? AffDots stores its functions in global variables which allows it to be hooked and modified but may also cause problems with other AddOns.
Yeah, I don't know what was up with it. After posting the the above, I then went off to raid and it seemed to work fine in the raid.

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”