Forum weekly news, first edition!

Community news!
Kver
Administrator

Forum weekly news, first edition!

Unread postby Kver Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:56 am

Dearest readers,

Not more than a week ago we consisted of empty forums with 3 members, and now we are growing rapidly with an amazing team, providing interesting content. However, this week also marked the open release of the WoD alpha with the admission of the first wave of family & friends. Many have requested a type of forum summary to be done, so I will attempt to outline the biggest events this week.

Forum staff
I should start out by saying that I would like to both thank and welcome the current forum staff. Due to its constant alteration I will summarise them quickly. Malon and Turkeyburger are our general mods, dealing with (!) the general forums, the lore forums, and the off-topic section. For the classes we have Cycobi and Komma dealing with the arcane section, Vykina with the fire section, and Mumrit and Hanodar dealing with the frost section. I would like to welcome them all and I am looking forward to working with them. Finally, we also have Voltaa and Komma as our global moderators. Their task is oversight, and problem solving at a forum wide level. (It's their fault, not mine, I swear.)

Simcraft mage module development
One of the, in my opinion, bigger events of this week is the work that is being done on the arcane and the fire simulation craft modules. Additional kudos go to Frosted and Komma for the work they have done so far. Their intention is to, by WoD, have simulationcraft accurate for a large amount of mages. This will hopefully allow simc to belong to the professional toolkit of the contemporary theorycrafter once more.

Alpha access
It was incredibly hard to miss alpha taking off, and we were all quite surprised by Lissanna offering to attempt to get some of us in. After careful deliberation we have decided to send Komma, Voltaa and Frosted, and we hope they'll get in! Should they get in, they will provide us with lots of data and information on all three specs, and they will not limit themselves to high end theorycrafting but provide commentary on every aspect of the game.

Off-topic section
I would also like to draw your attention to the Off-topic section, which features lovely discussions on beer, music, and more beer(I have to live up to my reputation).

I hope that this provided a short summary of what, in my eyes, were the most important things to share with you in this exploratory weekly round up. Realising that these topics were arbitrarily picked I would love to hear your suggestions on what you would like to see included or left out. Other suggestions are also welcome.

Kver
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Komma
Administrator

Re: Forum weekly news, first edition!

Unread postby Komma Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:53 am

We need a front page for this kind of stuff!
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Shangalar

Re: Forum weekly news, first edition!

Unread postby Shangalar Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:00 am

We need a front page for this kind of stuff!
No we don't :D I really love having access to the forum directly and one of the goals of proper web-design is for everything to be available at the minimum possible amount of clicks and it's just perfect as it is now :)

The summaries are great!

Return to “News”