Arcane Mage - Burst with Incanter's Flow

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Chronic

Arcane Mage - Burst with Incanter's Flow

Unread postby Chronic Sat May 23, 2015 2:57 am

I know it is pretty late in the teir to be asking this question and maybe it has already been discussed (I haven't found anything) but does anyone know when in the rotation of incanter's flow you should start your burst and lay down Prismatic Crystal? I know when I hit 4 or 5 stacks I should use POM and cast both charges of supernova (if avaliable) but I just can't figure out the proper time to cast it to get the most SP buff.
Berlinia

Re: Arcane Mage - Burst with Incanter's Flow

Unread postby Berlinia Sat May 23, 2015 5:57 pm

you don't want to play around with Incanter's Flows. If you pick it just ignore it.
wolsku

Unread postby wolsku Sat May 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Agree with Berlinia, the only time where you could try to maximise it is when you're not in a burn phase and you feel that there's nothing to pay attention at or that you can multitask some stuffs and also pay attention to IF, but for the burn phase, it's the last of your worries where you might miss a cast or mess something up. So in general, don't pay attention to it unless there's nothing better to do
<From Scratch> 13/13M, Sargeras
My Mage's Armory
Cycobi
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Cycobi Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:40 pm

I'd personally ignore IF for Crystal usage; Crystal is 12 seconds and an IF cycle is 10. Realistically speaking you should TRY and time your Crystals so that you can get a double-5-stack SN set off, but that's just about the maximum of trying with it, and honestly it's probably not worth the hassle and/or the potential delay.

Outside of PC, you should only care about IF stacks when you're using Supernova, that's it.

Return to “Arcane”