Haste softcap/breakpoint for Arcane?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Valounette

Haste softcap/breakpoint for Arcane?

Unread postby Valounette Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:51 pm

Story: I have 2set for Arcane, good gear (704ilvl).

When I sim my stat weights with Mastery enchants: Haste is significantly higher than any of the other weights. Haste>>mastery>haste. So I fully reenchant to Haste.

Next day I sim my weights again and Multistrike is now significantly higher than the others. Multistrike>>Mastery>Haste. I shrug and figure I made a mistake on my original sim so I rechant to Multistrike. I sim my weights again and now Haste is significantly more valuable again.

So, I must be going back and forth over a Haste breakpoint or softcap?

What's the maximum value of Haste rating I should have (unbuffed), before switching from stacking it?

Note that I realise this changes with 4set.

Edit: When I sim with each set of enchants, Haste sims 900 more DPS than multistrike. Yet when I'm enchanted to Haste, stat weights say additional Multistrike would be better. Sooo I need to know which value Haste drops off at
Mantis

Re: Haste softcap/breakpoint for Arcane?

Unread postby Mantis Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Stressball

Unread postby Stressball Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Try running reforge plots and/or scaling plots with your next sim if you want to find breakpoints and see how stat weights change.

That thread lays everything out pretty nicely but simming those things for yourself is always best since your gear is usually not a match for the profiles used in BiS sims.
Valounette

Unread postby Valounette Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:10 am

Checking back in..

The tipping point for myself (when adding more Haste becomes a loss in the simulation) works out to be ~1573 Haste. At this point, adding Haste, Multistrike or even Mastery enchants yields nearly identical dps gain.

I don't understand why Haste is still of value high value, in the sims, to me? Since its stat weight is similar to the other stats, and the fact that I further benefit from reducing petlag anyway (which the sims don't account for anyway), this is fine. But I thought, from the other threads, that my simulated Haste value would have dropped off a while back
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Haste will continue to have positive effects (wont be as positive when you first hist the breakpoint) until you hit the GCD cap at which point you should see it start to drop of (I believe this can be seen in one of the additional reading linked in the Arcane discussion that was linked in an earlier post).
Valounette

Unread postby Valounette Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Haste will continue to have positive effects (wont be as positive when you first hist the breakpoint) until you hit the GCD cap at which point you should see it start to drop of (I believe this can be seen in one of the additional reading linked in the Arcane discussion that was linked in an earlier post).
Yeah I know it still has basic value. I just thought it would drop off much harder than it has.

Return to “Arcane”