[7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Frosted

Re: [7.0] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendar

Unread postby Frosted Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:49 pm

What's up with the massive discrepancies between the latest simulationcraft and the sims posted in the OP? I would figure it out myself but I don't have anything but a phone available to me at the moment. Thanks!
I'm not sure what two outputs you are referencing?
Kiyoku

Unread postby Kiyoku Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:45 am

What's up with the massive discrepancies between the latest simulationcraft and the sims posted in the OP? I would figure it out myself but I don't have anything but a phone available to me at the moment. Thanks!
Front page of simulationcraft vs the simulations on your first post with optimal talents. They are both apparently at 840 ilvl with optimal enchants/buffs/pots etc yet there is like an 80k discrepancy.
Babsy

Unread postby Babsy Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:36 am

Front page of simulationcraft vs the simulations on your first post with optimal talents. They are both apparently at 840 ilvl with optimal enchants/buffs/pots etc yet there is like an 80k discrepancy.
Would also like to note the gear problems currently with Arcane's sim profile. The stat weights have changed with the most recent balance patch and the gear has not been updated to reflect that from what I know of and I don't know enough about Simcraft to do the leg work myself.
Greenleafmvp

Unread postby Greenleafmvp Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 am

Hi,
(sorry for my english, i'm french and i won't shine with my grammar)
i'm playing arcane since the first day of the xpac, and i've tried all the builds and rotations atm,
after the nerf of nt Spam, i think the build/rotation especialy with mystic kilt could be smoother and is higher in dps with PoM and Charged Up.
260k dps, 0 potions, 0 Flask and 1 Death on Ursoc Last Fight:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fA ... e&fight=16" target="_blank

290k Dps Cenarius (same, no buffs, no pots)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fA ... e&fight=17" target="_blank

Pull :
-prepot Rune/Staff/Charged Up
-AP/POM : AB x2 then burst/burn cycle depending of the proc etc..

Barrage>AEx4>
Barrage>Charged Up>POM>ABx2 (you're Half Mana and all CD should be up)

Something like this, and you begin another cycle with stacks 2Free QK Stacks and no cast (same as a big pull saving buff time and improve dps under AP and Potion/Bloodlust even more if you proc Staff)

i don't think the gain in damage from AF and 10% mana is worth the burst and time winning new stacks after the Barrage

i'm 100% sure it's worth in M+.
it has to be sim with boss fighting but kinda depeding of fight you win a lot of time switching with barrage on the last target for Mana with kilt and start a new burst onto the new one without taking care of the stacks.

Thanks for reading this and if you have any questions or improvement
Last edited by Greenleafmvp on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
testacular

Unread postby testacular Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:46 am

After trying out the NT-spam / maintain Quickening thing the last few days more actively, I've decided that I won't be doing it at all unless for some reason the advantage of doing it is really really too high to miss.

It's just plain and simple annoying and boring as hell. Feels like I'm wasting time (and patience) when I could just be resetting with Barrage and playing normally until the next burn phase, no matter the whatever difference in the damage output. Plus going into melee or staying there just to possibly use Explosion every 5 seconds, I'd rather pass.
Finally someone sane around here! My thoughts exactly; it is the weirdest play-style ever. I am sticking to classical means as well and doing just fine. Only I sometimes swap AB for AE when building up charges if I need them quickly to dish out more dmg (mythic+ progress differs a lot from raid encounters, requires other mana/charge management).
Begrooved

Unread postby Begrooved Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:38 am

The reason why it feels off the past few days is because they removed it. With NT having a very low proc chance when repeatedly cast and Quickening dropping off at 50 stacks, there is no 'NT Spam' rotation anymore.
Embro

Unread postby Embro Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:31 pm

Ok, so what's your rotation now ?

I'm 850 ilvl, but I really don't understand why my DPS is so low (200k at the end of a fight in mono). Since the patch where mastery has been increased by 20%, should we build Mastery > Versatility ?
My Sims are giving me Mastery>=Crit>Vers>Haste. Crit>Vers by a significant margin even with low vers on my gear and decent mastery. So I'd say the answer to your question is yes.
Jelizah

Unread postby Jelizah Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Ok, so what's your rotation now ?

I'm 850 ilvl, but I really don't understand why my DPS is so low (200k at the end of a fight in mono). Since the patch where mastery has been increased by 20%, should we build Mastery > Versatility ?
My Sims are giving me Mastery>=Crit>Vers>Haste. Crit>Vers by a significant margin even with low vers on my gear and decent mastery. So I'd say the answer to your question is yes.
Thank you, it'll help me. Do you still use NT (not NT spam, just NT) in your rotation ? Or do you think Erosion/unstable magic is more usefull (on a single target).
For the 100 talent, does Quickening still good after the nerf ?
Embro

Unread postby Embro Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:09 pm

So far I have only done Normal Nythendra, Ursoc and Dragons in normal EN, so my word is by no means law. But I was still using Quickening and NT and was getting ~215k with little effort (850 ilvl with a good chunk of mastery) and could have easily improved that significantly if I hadn't "fubar"ed my rotation a couple of times (accidentally hitting ABarrage in the middle of a burn phase, you know, facepalm type bs). So that build is definitely still kicking out some damage. I can't speak to the other builds, I might try another talent set tonight for kicks and see how it goes, depends on how expensive tomes are on my server.
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:09 pm

He has updated the majority of the sims in this page to the heroic profiles (865).
qneon

Unread postby qneon Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:42 am

What about Bough of Corruption? It isn't listed anywhere in the sims.
Amagezing

Unread postby Amagezing Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:44 pm

The chance to proc arcane missiles is doubled for arcane blast (15% up to 30%) are the effects of artefact passive ethereal sensitivity rank 3 (3%) added on top for a total of 33% or is that effect doubled too 36%. same question for words of power talent regarding arcane blast.
Grumpdogg

Unread postby Grumpdogg Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:28 am

The chance to proc arcane missiles is doubled for arcane blast (15% up to 30%) are the effects of artefact passive ethereal sensitivity rank 3 (3%) added on top for a total of 33% or is that effect doubled too 36%. same question for words of power talent regarding arcane blast.
Devs said during Beta that bonuses are added on first and then AB doubles that chance.

<Ajantis> US-Saurfang (OCE)
Grümp
Grumpwolf
Grumpdogg

Amagezing

Unread postby Amagezing Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 am

Devs said during Beta that bonuses are added on first and then AB doubles that chance.
excellent, thank you!
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Right. I forgot to update that note, these are Heroic ilvl.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Would also like to note the gear problems currently with Arcane's sim profile. The stat weights have changed with the most recent balance patch and the gear has not been updated to reflect that from what I know of and I don't know enough about Simcraft to do the leg work myself.
Heroic profiles should be fine I think.
Einzbern

Unread postby Einzbern Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:29 pm

So last night I got my first legendary, unfortunately it was the absorb neck. Fortunately, the stats are at least good for arcane, and okay for fire.

Much to my surprise, simc showed that it was a very minor upgrade (~100 dps) even with a 200 int gem, over my current 870 Chain of Scorched Bones with a 150 mastery gem. Turned on stat scaling and the weights surprised me as haste jumped from my worst secondary to my best, nearly 2 points. With the 870, my weights were 8.41 int, 7.93 SP, 7.45 vers, 6.91 crit, 6.87 mast, and 6.16 haste. With the legendary, the weights became 8.34 int, 8.07 haste, 7.87 SP, 7.67 vers, 7.03 crit, and 6.59 mastery.

Another big surprise is that this seems to have something to do with supernova. With resonance and the 870, my weights were 8.22 int, 7.88 sp, 7.11 mast, 7.07 vers, 6.8 crit, and 6.15 haste. With resonance and the legendary, my weights were 8.4 int, 8.01 sp, 7.54 vers, 6.95 haste, 6.9 crit, and 6.83 mastery.

Anyone able to explain what is happening? Is there some haste breakpoint I'm missing?
Ianarion

Unread postby Ianarion Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:07 am

Has anyone done any simming with regards to raid trinkets vs dungeon trinkets?

Oh. didn't scroll down.
hasublade

Unread postby hasublade Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:44 am

Does NT spam got stealth nerf? im spamming like 20NT for a single AM proc..
Vagar

Unread postby Vagar Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:15 pm

NT spam was nerfed in the same patch that Quickening was reduced to 50 stacks. NT now only seems to proc missiles on initial apply and refresh within pandemic window.

Return to “Arcane”