[7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Ddmagebags

Re: [7.2] Arcane Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendar

Unread postby Ddmagebags Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:27 pm

I have Kilt/Bracers/Prydaz/Belo/Belt/Noragons

I am going to run kilt and probably Belt for everything. I only worry about that this bumps my mastery up higher than I ran in 7.1.5 but with the change to the belt, I think mastery may have a bump in value, and initial sims on this updated thread are showing it our best stat. If this is the case, my mind is at ease...as I dont have much alternative gear to swap in and out of without losing a bit of Intellect, but even Int is showing below mastery on initial sims...

I am hoping to get a Sim profile relatively soon so I don't have to go blindly for too long. My Feelycraft is telling me that with me changing gear, my 14% Haste (Whispers/Metronome) is going to feel weird when I used to run 19%
gurudox

Unread postby gurudox Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:02 pm

How does the Panda racial scale now that raid feasts give 500 primary stat? I feel like they are no longer tied for the worst but I don't have any math to prove it.
testacular

Unread postby testacular Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Looking at the stat priority suggested, Mastery is again on top and leading by vast margin.
And I am in loss for explanation there - was there a change in stat scaling or something?
Cause I am pretty sure in 7.1.5 Mastery was like... the worst thing you could get?

Also I wonder if the sims calculate in the presence of some Mana-managing legandaries (oh hello, Mr Kilt)?

Any comments on this?
Tritiac

Unread postby Tritiac Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Looking at the stat priority suggested, Mastery is again on top and leading by vast margin.
And I am in loss for explanation there - was there a change in stat scaling or something?
Cause I am pretty sure in 7.1.5 Mastery was like... the worst thing you could get?

Also I wonder if the sims calculate in the presence of some Mana-managing legandaries (oh hello, Mr Kilt)?

Any comments on this?
The sim profile is without legendaries so yes, you can assume mastery is overvalued. The stat weights would change if you had an alternate way to get mana back.
Zarbin

Unread postby Zarbin Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Yeah with the kilt my stat values are basically int>crit=vers=haste>mastery, though the difference between any of those is very small
Duturu

Unread postby Duturu Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:06 am

Are the legendaries updated for 7.2? How does sephuz sim so low?
Suda

Unread postby Suda Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:55 pm

What are people seeing for a good stat balance? This is way open ended.

Just came back to game and geared back up very quickly from when I did M EN.

903 iLvL
Lengendaries- Shard(ring), Rhonins(bracers), Kilt(legs) *Yes I know I am lucky AF!*
4 piece tier- helm, chest, back, gloves 890-895
Weapon- 920 with 2 AM proc and one Barage DMG(I need to switch)
Trinkets- Lucky 920 Storm Fulm from Shores, 880 Whispers, 870 Erratic, 890 Burning Sky, 905 Icon Rot (Using first two atm)
STATS!-
29% Crit
17%+/- Haste
28% Mastery
8% Vers

I can get haste down to 13% without losing iLvL and I add mastery/crit/vers in return. I have been reading a lot of posts on this. Theory crafting on how much kilt devalues mastery. I am just curious what we should be STRIVING for. My guess is 35% crit. 20% haste +/-, then like 30%+ Mastery. I know there have been numerous opinions(go look at Arcanosaur and Mythios arguing over it, super funny in WoW forums.

Debating going frost now that I have frost bracers and shard ring. Our top mage is fire... sometimes our rl(frost) is near top... but I beat him on a fair amount of fights. Just looking for input, especially with ToS coming up.

Also... about to have gold trait for time and space which is looking buggy but awesome to mess with... Maybe go for a arcane explosion dps relic as third... in prep for that. Get rid of barrage buff

I am AwcaneBwast on Illidan horde btw. Changed name hahaha
maynord

Unread postby maynord Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:26 am

You have multiple mana legendaries, I would actually trade Mastery for more Haste in your case and don't bother with Arcane Explosion relics unless it's an Ilvl upgrade. No offence but I have no idea why you've guessed out of thin air that 35% crit and 20% haste are values to strive for - the spec scales decently with every stat and ultimately you'll likely need to sim yourself.

For ex I have 21/21/11/28 Crit/Haste/Vers/Mastery and I'm currently targeting Crit as it sims highest for me by a fair amount, and I tend to swap out Mastery wherever possible (even tho I've been 'forced' to have 28% Mastery)
Suda

Unread postby Suda Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Maynord, appreciate input. That is my problem though. The sims are so hit and miss. I also see people going for very different stat priorities. With kilt(and with 4 piece) mana is not as much of an issue. I just don't see many top tier arcane mages going past 20% haste. Seen a lot of mastery to 28-35(even with mana legendaries) and then crit after that with some Vers/Haste. Adds to the confusion but your input also shows how debatable it really is.

Thanks,
Suda aka AwcaneBwast
dabsence

Unread postby dabsence Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:06 pm

The reason it is debatable is because the values of each stat change with your amount of each other stat as well as your mana regen/haste ratio. You should literally sim every combination of your gear that is at least reasonably viable- then sim for your stat priority. Then every time you even think about changing a piece of gear you need to sim it for your new stat priority.
Suda

Unread postby Suda Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Fair enough. I understand the simming, just also like to see the input(based majorly on opinion) on the matter. People have different takes and sometimes the sim are NOT the most reliable. But yes, the cookie cutter answer is sim it(no fun in that).

-Suda/AwcaneBwast
Shecklock

Unread postby Shecklock Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 pm

865 chrono or 890 erratic metronome?
Mage

Unread postby Mage Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:09 am

Yes.
iSpirith

Unread postby iSpirith Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Whispers in the dark 865 or Infernal Write 890 ? Guys help me i have only 11 % haste. Thanks
worgage

Unread postby worgage Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 am

Hello guys, I've just registered to this forum because I'm really desperate. I'm a 906 Arcane Mage and my dps is a total sh*t. I really think my main problem are my stats. You can check my armory to see what i'm wearing and my stats balance.

My current stats are 28%,30%,28%,4% (Crit, Haste, Mastery & Vers). My haster is pretty high because I have two haste trinkets. My alternatives are StarGate (880), Fury Of The Burning Sky (890) or Infernal Writ (885).

Could you please give me some tips on what stat to focus? I have other armor pieces to change my stats, but I don't know what kind of % It's the best for me.
Cames

Unread postby Cames Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 am

Try using Simulationcraft/Pawn. Your haste is horribly high. All you are going to do is run yourself out of mana. You want BIG hits slowly not lots of little hits. Your setup is much more suited for Frost.
Shitbird

Unread postby Shitbird Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Where can I find a rotation guide for arcane?

I have been fire and frost this expansion but since I have all the "good" legendaries for those specs, I recently set my loot spec to arcane to start collecting arcane legendaries. I got the armwraps so now I'm wanting to play around with arcane for fun but I can't seem to find a good source for learning the actual gameplay.
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:17 am

I just got the kilt. Does playstyle change at all with this?
maynord

Unread postby maynord Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 am

I just got the kilt. Does playstyle change at all with this?
- Pair it with Charged Up for a "free" 12% mana and Chrono Shift buff

- Dip low in conserve phases if you want, e.g. around 25-30% mana, you can continually AB to 4, dump AM, then Barrage without ever hitting 0.

With 4 piece and/or another mana legendary you can play very liberally with your mana
Zlimex

Unread postby Zlimex Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:27 pm

I just got a 885 stat-stick with crit and a socket on it. I was wondering if it is better than my current trinkets. I have a 895 whispers and a 905 metronome. I don't know how to sim myself, so some input would be nice

Profile: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/outland/Zlimex" target="_blank

Return to “Arcane”