Fire mage guide for 6.2 by Dutchmagoz!

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Re: Fire mage guide for raiding by Dutchmagoz! [updated for

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Single target: int > spellpower > crit > mastery > haste > multistrike > versatility
Single target with 4pc t17: int > spellpower > mastery > crit > haste > multistrike > versatility
It seems, to my Simc results, that if you are below a certain crit rating, crit will value higher even with t17 4pc.
About 1650 crit (without incineration) for me, just swaped arround some gems for testing.

gear was Highmaul Mythic Gear (Troll) with Head, Shoulders, Legs and Hands Heroic Set.
This is a very specific gearset then. I've tested many different gearsets and in all of those I found mastery>crit.

Keep in mind this was before the announced 6.1 4pc t17 nerf. This will probably shift crit above mastery for some gearsets.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
DJG

Unread postby DJG Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Single target: int > spellpower > crit > mastery > haste > multistrike > versatility
Single target with 4pc t17: int > spellpower > mastery > crit > haste > multistrike > versatility
It seems, to my Simc results, that if you are below a certain crit rating, crit will value higher even with t17 4pc.
About 1650 crit (without incineration) for me, just swaped arround some gems for testing.

gear was Highmaul Mythic Gear (Troll) with Head, Shoulders, Legs and Hands Heroic Set.
This is a very specific gearset then. I've tested many different gearsets and in all of those I found mastery>crit.

Keep in mind this was before the announced 6.1 4pc t17 nerf. This will probably shift crit above mastery for some gearsets.

Code: Select all

head=vilebreath_mask,id=113596,bonus_id=565/567,gem_id=115809 neck=odyssian_choker,id=113833,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5317 shoulder=slaughterhouse_spaulders,id=113609,bonus_id=567 chest=robes_of_the_arcane_ultimatum,id=113850,bonus_id=565/567,gem_id=115809 waist=girdle_of_the_infected_mind,id=113656,bonus_id=567 legs=seacursed_leggings,id=113828,bonus_id=567 feet=destablized_sandals,id=113840,bonus_id=565/567,gem_id=115809 wrist=crystalwoven_bracers,id=113642,bonus_id=567 hands=meatmongers_gory_grips,id=113610,bonus_id=567 finger1=kargaths_last_link,id=113604,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5324 finger2=spellbound_solium_band_of_the_kirintor,id=118301,enchant_id=5324 trinket1=quiescent_runestone,id=113859,bonus_id=564/566,gem_id=115809 trinket2=shards_of_nothing,id=113835,bonus_id=42/565/567,gem_id=115809 back=cloak_of_searing_shadows,id=113847,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5281 main_hand=rod_of_fel_nullification,id=113837,bonus_id=565/567,gem_id=115809,enchant_id=5384 off_hand=bileslingers_censer,id=113592,bonus_id=565/567,gem_id=115809
So just mythic HM gear without the Runestone Mythic.
But 7 Sockets, maybe this is the reason for it.
Millennia

Unread postby Millennia Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:16 pm

Wonder how the nerf is going to affect racial balance atm, with BE-ST and troll-aoe and the nerf possibly bumping crit a bit.

As it stands now I have since gone troll due to the fact that I will be playing fire on aoe encounters.
Mage of <vodka> previous officer of <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
yodeepballs

Unread postby yodeepballs Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:20 pm

yo have some question
1) Have i use fire blast to spread living bomb.instead of building pyro, whenever livingbomb run out.
2) can u write down rotation for combustion with living bomb
3) like in this kind of opener: pot > pyro > living bomb; should i use fire blast immideatly to spread pyro+bomb(for multimple target encounter)
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:51 pm

yo have some question
1) Have i use fire blast to spread living bomb.instead of building pyro, whenever livingbomb run out.
2) can u write down rotation for combustion with living bomb
3) like in this kind of opener: pot > pyro > living bomb; should i use fire blast immideatly to spread pyro+bomb(for multimple target encounter)
1. You do both. So you apply living bomb first, then whenever heating up procs you use inferno blast. This way you spread living bomb (and ignite) and generate a pyro.

2. Living bomb doesn't change combustion rotation. Just make sure you don't refresh living bomb in the middle of your pyro chain, or your ignite will lower.

3. Wait for a heating up proc first, shouldn't be more than 2-3 fireballs.
Owner of Altered Time.

Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:53 pm

~simcraft crit/mastery stuff~
Don't have acces to my pc currently, but the runestone and 7 sockets are probably why.
Owner of Altered Time.

Perran

Unread postby Perran Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:14 am

could you update this spreadsheet with the new changes to the fire 4 piece?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... true#gid=0" target="_blank
yodeepballs

Unread postby yodeepballs Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:41 am

Can u make talents summary for brf, if u have already tested it on ptr.
Trylldom

Unread postby Trylldom Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:51 pm

I was under the impression that since the fire 4PC is RPPM, you would be guaranteed a proc on pull, resulting in a solid first combustion. After some playing around on PTR this doesnt seem to be the case at all. I'm wondering if the fire sim has taken this into account or not?
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:49 am

I was under the impression that since the fire 4PC is RPPM, you would be guaranteed a proc on pull, resulting in a solid first combustion. After some playing around on PTR this doesnt seem to be the case at all. I'm wondering if the fire sim has taken this into account or not?
What are you proposing that needs to be "taken into account" by the fire sim regarding this?

Also, RPPM doesn't reset when you're attacking dummies. It only gets reset when you're attacking raid bosses. You need to wait at least 2 minutes before attacking a dummy to have the same RPPM on-pull reset effect.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Zychotic

Unread postby Zychotic Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:37 am

This question may have already been answered but what do we feel/ know is a viable amount of crit?
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:46 am

could you update this spreadsheet with the new changes to the fire 4 piece?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... true#gid=0" target="_blank
I'm not sure if I will update that spreadsheet. It was simply made as a guideline for my guild and then got spread accross basically every raiding guild and theorycrafting forum/irc. I know the balance for my own guild to decide, so if I get time I'll do it but it's not a high priority.
Owner of Altered Time.

Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:48 am

Can u make talents summary for brf, if u have already tested it on ptr.
Ive tested every boss on heroic/mythic on the beta but I would like a bit more playing on them to fully decide, since on beta fire was still quite different, and I was playing mostly frost during beta testing.
Owner of Altered Time.

Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:49 am

Collision has a nice spreadsheet on heroic strike for set bonuses: http://collision.heroicstrike.org/2015- ... -07-08.png" target="_blank
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 am

This question may have already been answered but what do we feel/ know is a viable amount of crit?
For single target, fire doesn't really become "viable" (compared to frost/arcane) until 4pc, and even then it's still nowhere near arcane. On cleave fights however, you really don't need that much crit, 30% or so character sheet (buffed) should be no problem.
Owner of Altered Time.

Trylldom

Unread postby Trylldom Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm

What are you proposing that needs to be "taken into account" by the fire sim regarding this?

Also, RPPM doesn't reset when you're attacking dummies. It only gets reset when you're attacking raid bosses. You need to wait at least 2 minutes before attacking a dummy to have the same RPPM on-pull reset effect.
I know, and this is what I've been doing. Pull after pull with the appropriate afk between them. I'm just concerned that the 4pc is a bit overvalued if you can't rely on a proc on pull, like you can with any other RPPM. Idk, I might be wrong :)
Novox

Unread postby Novox Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Today a question came up in my mind.
How will the opening rotation look like with 4pc + PC?
Thought about three options (I will not mention the combustion trick):

1. Precast Pyro, then fireball until Heating Up -> IB -> PC -> dump 2/3 free Pyros plus the one from HS -> Combust -> BWx2 if talented etc...

In this case you lose 1 second of buff by placing down PC and I don't know if you lose a second earlier when you go from HU to HS by using IB.

2. Place down PC at start and build combustion in that 12 second window.

In this scenario you use 3 free pyros for sure but you risk wasting PC if you don't build a HS (pretty rare case I must admit). You risk also to not use blast wave if you are specced into it.

3. Precast pyro and then fireball until HU. Place PC then Inferno Blast on PC. Shoot 3/4 (still don't know if the 1sec GCD from IB is counted) free Pyros + HS one -> Combustion -> IB etc...

This seemed to me the best way to handle the thing but we need to aim for HS and only that at the start cause we wanna IB after PC, so we can't queue/spam Fireballs at start.

All of this is assuming 4pc procs on the very first HS and assuming being GDC capped (Is it possible with only Bloodlust?)

Please share your thoughts on this! (Wrote this fast 'cause I'm at work, I hope this all thing makes sense! :lol: )

PS: Solution n.1 don-t play with PC. (RIP combustion trick on ST)
Eiken

Unread postby Eiken Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:51 am

Hey Dutch

I was wondering if you'd be willing to post some logs of your own for me to compare against mine? Failing that, would you be willing to look through my logs and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I definitely feel like I'm missing out on a lot of damage, and I know it's got to be something to do with my second combustions, and usually any following that.

Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:06 pm

All my logs are here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... /6/#boss=0" target="_blank

I didn't start playing fire until farm so there may be some weird things happening every now and then due to me testing different things, but overall should be fine!
Owner of Altered Time.

Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Today a question came up in my mind.
How will the opening rotation look like with 4pc + PC?
Thought about three options (I will not mention the combustion trick):

1. Precast Pyro, then fireball until Heating Up -> IB -> PC -> dump 2/3 free Pyros plus the one from HS -> Combust -> BWx2 if talented etc...

In this case you lose 1 second of buff by placing down PC and I don't know if you lose a second earlier when you go from HU to HS by using IB.

2. Place down PC at start and build combustion in that 12 second window.

In this scenario you use 3 free pyros for sure but you risk wasting PC if you don't build a HS (pretty rare case I must admit). You risk also to not use blast wave if you are specced into it.

3. Precast pyro and then fireball until HU. Place PC then Inferno Blast on PC. Shoot 3/4 (still don't know if the 1sec GCD from IB is counted) free Pyros + HS one -> Combustion -> IB etc...

This seemed to me the best way to handle the thing but we need to aim for HS and only that at the start cause we wanna IB after PC, so we can't queue/spam Fireballs at start.

All of this is assuming 4pc procs on the very first HS and assuming being GDC capped (Is it possible with only Bloodlust?)

Please share your thoughts on this! (Wrote this fast 'cause I'm at work, I hope this all thing makes sense! :lol: )

PS: Solution n.1 don-t play with PC. (RIP combustion trick on ST)
Option 1 is what I've been doing on the PTR and beta, and got the best effects with. It's still a bit early to tell though, since I got 200+ ms on the ptr/beta and I'm definitely playing as optimal as I would on live.
Owner of Altered Time.

Return to “Fire”