[7.2] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Frosted

Re: [7.0] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Unread postby Frosted Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Tried running chronoshard 2pc stuff, got

Prolly something wrong with the set bonus. Need to look into it more.
I have an 830 Eye of Skovald and its simming 1k dps higher than an 835 +socket Devilsaur Shock Baton. Any ideas? Have you simmed Skovald?
I've simmed using Baton and it seems the whatever algorithm simcraft is using isn't correctly applying the proc rate. The proc rate of Baton is way lower in sims than it is in practice. Baton passive tends to be 3-8% of my damage on dungeon bosses but simcraft insists on it being only 1-2%.

I'd like to think Eye as an AoE version of Baton.

As others have asked, are those sims above using 830 Baton or are all the trinkets standardized to 840? Also, how did you get simcraft to correctly sim Baton?
Use the nightly build

Every trineket is always 840, unless it is impossible to get it to that ilvl (heirloom, for example). It doesn't make any sense to compare variable ilvl trinkets when trying to gauge their general strength relative to one another.
Xenost

Unread postby Xenost Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:34 pm

What do you think will be the go to talents for pushing Mythic + ?
Conflag, LB, Cinderstorm for big trash pulls. If people find any skips + additional use of invis potions/rogue group stealth you'll just go with a single target build for bosses.
There's also Tome usage assuming it goes down in price on the AH or you have an inscription friend that can make you a bunch. Then you can swap between AoE and ST at will and make sure you are helping as best you can on trash and on bosses. I think that is ideal.
I read somewhere that you can't switch talent during Mythic+ but not so sure now.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Conflag, LB, Cinderstorm for big trash pulls. If people find any skips + additional use of invis potions/rogue group stealth you'll just go with a single target build for bosses.
Kindling can be strong in 5mans for an odd reason. It often makes Combustion be back up both on bosses and in several trash packs. I know it's unclear exactly how that dynamic plays out in terms of timings in several differently designed dungeons but it sure seems that way in practice.
Stauros

Unread postby Stauros Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:05 pm

I read somewhere that you can't switch talent during Mythic+ but not so sure now.
Correct. Cannot switch after the key gets used.
Stauros

Unread postby Stauros Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Separate question. Has anyone given any thought to how Emerald Nightmare trinkets will compare? Trying to decide if it's worth it to buy a Darkmoon trinket.
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Conflag, LB, Cinderstorm for big trash pulls. If people find any skips + additional use of invis potions/rogue group stealth you'll just go with a single target build for bosses.[/quote]

There's also Tome usage assuming it goes down in price on the AH or you have an inscription friend that can make you a bunch. Then you can swap between AoE and ST at will and make sure you are helping as best you can on trash and on bosses. I think that is ideal.[/quote]

I read somewhere that you can't switch talent during Mythic+ but not so sure now.[/quote]

That's my bad. I read that as raids for some reason and not mythic + dungeons. I was not aware of the not swapping talents in dungeons. I agree with the talents provided as it's what I've been running in dungeons currently. I can't pull as much DPS on bosses as my ST spec but I definitely am still competitive if I can consistently hit cinders on the boss. Definitely competitive on trash as well. Plus on giant pulls you pop combustion before LB pops and watch the crits roll in with RoP for insane burst.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Added Enchants to the FAQ

w1nter

Unread postby w1nter Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:19 pm

http://i.imgur.com/W0Utff1.png" target="_blank In this picture Devilsaur Shock Batton is named as the best trinket, but I was wondering if Eye of Skovald isn't the same? Is there something between the two trinkets that I don't know? Could anyone possibly explain how are the two different?
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 am

Different proc rates and different proc damage/mechanics. The only thing 'the same' about them is the crit value and that they both have a proc.
Unreal

Unread postby Unreal Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:46 am

Kindling can be strong in 5mans for an odd reason. It often makes Combustion be back up both on bosses and in several trash packs. I know it's unclear exactly how that dynamic plays out in terms of timings in several differently designed dungeons but it sure seems that way in practice.
I forgot to mention Prophecy of Fear, it's still quite powerful and usually ends up at about cinderstorms damagelevel during my testings. It's an rng proc though, so if you're unlucky you get nothing out of it (I have a 750 warforged version).
Shadra

Unread postby Shadra Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Sephuz's Secret actually gives about 1500 crit and about 620 haste. Was just about to search this thread to see if anyone mentioned it before, but I don't recall it ever being brought up.

The in game tooltip hasn't been updated, but it's reflected on the wow site and your crit/haste do go up on your in game character sheet. Should greatly increase the value of the legendary ring?

I recall someone mentioning that just the attempt at CC procs the buff, but I couldn't get it to work on the raid dummy in the order hall, only the normal target dummies.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:48 pm

That has been fixed. It originally worked that way though.
Thanaatos

Unread postby Thanaatos Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Hello,

First off I want to thank you for the work you've done, amazing job!
I do have a quick question, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong while simming but for some reason after 54% crit simcraft is telling me that Int is better than Crit. I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this and if so why ?
Woke

Unread postby Woke Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:58 pm

Hello,

I do have a quick question, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong while simming but for some reason after 54% crit simcraft is telling me that Int is better than Crit. I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this and if so why ?
The sims stats generated are based upon having the artifact talents in the guide, especially pyretic incantation. Also, the stat weights were generated utilizing optimal single target damage in those sims, which means Kindling. Without Kindling talented, you will also have a crit discrepancy in comparison to the original sim stat weights posted. I have about 62% crit, but have pyretic incantation and kindling talented when I check single target. Crit is still above Intellect for me, and it is also far and above the other secondaries for single target. If I re-talent for AoE and run the sims, then mastery is above crit. That's probably in part why you are not having crit higher than intellect currently though. Just iterating the fact that you have to look at what talents, artifact traits, and fight style in order to better understand how to utilize the stat weight data given.
Thanaatos

Unread postby Thanaatos Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Hello,

The sims stats generated are based upon having the artifact talents in the guide, especially pyretic incantation. Also, the stat weights were generated utilizing optimal single target damage in those sims, which means Kindling. Without Kindling talented, you will also have a crit discrepancy in comparison to the original sim stat weights posted. I have about 62% crit, but have pyretic incantation and kindling talented when I check single target. Crit is still above Intellect for me, and it is also far and above the other secondaries for single target. If I re-talent for AoE and run the sims, then mastery is above crit. That's probably in part why you are not having crit higher than intellect currently though. Just iterating the fact that you have to look at what talents, artifact traits, and fight style in order to better understand how to utilize the stat weight data given.
Ah very true, artefact part is good but the talents were wrong. Thanks a lot for the explanation!
DyLemma

Unread postby DyLemma Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:59 am

Word when Gnawed Thumb Ring will be worked in SimC? If it isn't already. (Doesn't show it being used in mine)

EDIT: It's in the newest nightly build, awesome.
Puschek

Unread postby Puschek Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Hey,

you said, the best would be possible be to go on pure Crit items. Is it really that powerfull? Lets assume you have only items with crit (no mastery, no hast, no versa) would you get more dmg? That would be pretty intressting to know. Or do we have a softcap of crit, where the other stats get more usefull?
Falq

Unread postby Falq Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Updated 9/11/2016
Frosted simed it. Not sure if it's worse than crit, but for sure you get more value from it before this breakpoint.
Biowned

Unread postby Biowned Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Heya! Which one is exactly the Nightly build? I downloaded both last versions but neither of them are showing Mark of the Hiden Satyr dps.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Started working on some raid trinket stuff.

Dunno how good it is at the moment though.

Return to “Fire”