Regarding fire's single-target DPS after 7.1.5

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Imaskar

Re: Regarding fire's single-target DPS after 7.1.5

Unread postby Imaskar Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Well, belt+ring is a really nice combo if you can stall first 70% and need to push the final 30% asap. But a lot of classes have much higher burst, like rogues, dh and probably others.
@Kasc
What dps at what ilvl do you have? Can you show some logs or at least screens? I'm really interested.
Kasc

Unread postby Kasc Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Well, belt+ring is a really nice combo if you can stall first 70% and need to push the final 30% asap. But a lot of classes have much higher burst, like rogues, dh and probably others.
@Kasc
What dps at what ilvl do you have? Can you show some logs or at least screens? I'm really interested.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JL ... amage-done" target="_blank
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:18 am

Something's odd. You have very nice gear, and combustions are executed well. But still ~605k. I do 615 @895 ilvl in heroic (less mechanics, of course). One thing I noticed - there is a recurrent low dps moment at about 4:12-5:01. You are running and scorching >30% target. You sure you need to? If it is a green debuff thingy, you can gcd-step it. Also, do you run out with frost circle on the 1st phase or shimmer in/out?

On a side-note, if I had to push 2 adds nd sub 30% boss at the end, I'd took firestarter,rune, belt,shard,dropped crit for other stats. Saved 2 runes, 1st rune for firestarter all-crits, then rune+combust, then just scorch-pyro the boss. When 2nd add comes out, repeat the same. And 1st BL on 1st add, personal BL on 2nd add. Also, your execute phase is a bit short of 2 min. With kindling you could do 2 combustions it it.

ps. I might fail miserably with this ideas, because I'm not sure about mythic vs heroic differences.
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:37 pm

Something's odd. You have very nice gear, and combustions are executed well. But still ~605k. I do 615 @895 ilvl in heroic (less mechanics, of course). One thing I noticed - there is a recurrent low dps moment at about 4:12-5:01. You are running and scorching >30% target. You sure you need to? If it is a green debuff thingy, you can gcd-step it. Also, do you run out with frost circle on the 1st phase or shimmer in/out?

On a side-note, if I had to push 2 adds nd sub 30% boss at the end, I'd took firestarter,rune, belt,shard,dropped crit for other stats. Saved 2 runes, 1st rune for firestarter all-crits, then rune+combust, then just scorch-pyro the boss. When 2nd add comes out, repeat the same. And 1st BL on 1st add, personal BL on 2nd add. Also, your execute phase is a bit short of 2 min. With kindling you could do 2 combustions it it.

ps. I might fail miserably with this ideas, because I'm not sure about mythic vs heroic differences.
I'm afraid that the HC version and Mythic version is not really comparable, there is a lot more going on in the mythic version, and if you have not had the pleasure of trying it out yourself, i can recommend watching a kill video of the fight it's really a step up the ladder from the rest of the pack in there dificultywise.

Regarding the firestarter, it's just an overall bad talent atm, the first 10% of a fight is often over in a matter of seconds, due to the fact that 20 or more people pop CDS at once bursting 2m dps each shreding down the poor thing. The add view, is actually even worse, looking at most kills the 10% of an add is gone after just 6 seconds in most cases, giving you a very hard time to fit in much if you dont munch procs, and if you do munch procs you effectivly lose dps that way too.

Regarding rune, it's my honest opinion that its only increasing Pad dps, and not the dps we actually want to nuke the boss. The fight is so centered around ST dps that rune simply falls off compared to MI imo.

Kindling is imo again a really really bad choice, not becuase Meteor is better, but becuase i feel like it fucks up my rotation more than it increases my dps in a usefull way. Having Comb and MI line up enables me to use a secondary pot whenever i feel like, having MI and Comb not lining up, forces me to use a Pot the one time they do line up, since holding on to comb until MI is off, is a loss of dps compared to Meteor. Another downside to not being able to pot freely is, you risk having to pot at a really bad time, where a cluster of mechanics ramble in, forcing you to either use a bad pot, or delay cds.

Regarding the legendaries if you have Bracers and Belt id be a no brainer comb for this boss.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Add lifetime is 50 seconds in their raid (last pull), thats not that short. And the main reason for it is the second add, not first.
Firestarter imo is vastly underrated, it brings me 98% for ilvl parses on hc Guldan. I'm not sure what munching do you mean, I don't munch anything during it. Remember, both fireball and pyro is guaranteed to crit.
Rune vs MI: on arbitrary fight length MI is better for ST, yes. But not on 1:50.
Kindling desyncs Comb and MI: yes, that's why you take RoP with it. And again, two combustions is a lot more than one.
Regarding bracers: when the belt is active they are not that great. Still better to hardcast than not, but not as strong as in normal conditions. And if you mess with the proc due to mechanics or add dying, you loose a lot. Meanwhile shard don't loose anything in execute phase.

All of these is just things to consider, not "the truth".

ps. Also, Joe has one of the top dps in the P4 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JL ... ne&phase=4" target="_blank looks like other players don't save cds for it.
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Add lifetime is 50 seconds in their raid (last pull), thats not that short. And the main reason for it is the second add, not first.
Firestarter imo is vastly underrated, it brings me 98% for ilvl parses on hc Guldan. I'm not sure what munching do you mean, I don't munch anything during it. Remember, both fireball and pyro is guaranteed to crit.
Rune vs MI: on arbitrary fight length MI is better for ST, yes. But not on 1:50.
Kindling desyncs Comb and MI: yes, that's why you take RoP with it. And again, two combustions is a lot more than one.
Regarding bracers: when the belt is active they are not that great. Still better to hardcast than not, but not as strong as in normal conditions. And if you mess with the proc due to mechanics or add dying, you loose a lot. Meanwhile shard don't loose anything in execute phase.

All of these is just things to consider, not "the truth".

ps. Also, Joe has one of the top dps in the P4 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JL ... ne&phase=4" target="_blank looks like other players don't save cds for it.
Add lifetime is indeed 50seconds but the firestarter only works above 90% HP, and that space is very very very small, lets say you lose ,50sec turning around to dps the add, before you get off your first fireball, you will have spend up almost 2 sec of the ~6sec gap you have to dps at 100% crit. I know it's very figurtivly speaking, but it's just not worth it IMO, and looking at the fellow mages on that fight, only 12 out of 100 went for it, and none of them seem to surpass the ST dmg from Pyromaniac, we can argue that its better than conflag since there is no real reason for that talent other than padding dps on this fight, but if you can react to Pyro and not munch the procs its effectivly better.

As for kindling and RoP, the fight is just to punishing for me to ever considering going RoP on it. IMO the only reason you'd go RoP on this fight, is to Pad aoe dps on adds which is nicely shown by the only two people on the board with it. With all this in mind kindling is just bad IMO and leaves you with an underwealming result compared to the ST dmg meteor/MI provides.

So i do agree that firestarter have it's value on some fights, i use it on elisande simply becuase the sheer amount of dmg i seem to get from it, outshines the rest of the talents. I used it on gul'dan aswell, but reverted to conflag becuase stuff went down way to fast for me to get any benefits from firestarter.

And like you said, this is not the truth or the only way to do things, but i do feel it adds a lot more quality of life to your gameplay, and keeps you away from awefully horrible rotations like kindeling.
Khaell

Unread postby Khaell Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:57 pm

How much haste / crit is good for fmage? I currently have 21% haste and 47% crit with belt and wrists. Should i lower it? Tried simming it and it says that crit had higher value, but if i get more crit then haste has more value again, hard to decide..
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 am

That means they are balanced for you.

Return to “Fire”