Shimmer and pyroblast

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Glencoe

Shimmer and pyroblast

Unread postby Glencoe Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:51 am

For some reason every time i cast shimmer while hard casting pyroblast it interrupts the cast.
Has anyone else had this issue? It only happens with pyroblast.
Shitbird

Re: Shimmer and pyroblast

Unread postby Shitbird Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:07 am

I've noticed this lately too but just assumed that maybe i did it as the cast was finishing and wasn't facing the boss when the cast went off, or something.

It doesn't happen every time but it definitely sucks to waste all that time on a hardcasted pyro that doesn't land.
Praxy

Unread postby Praxy Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:09 am

Have you got shimmer macro'd with /stopcasting? :D
Glencoe

Unread postby Glencoe Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:31 am

That was one of the first things i checked. I used to have blink macrod with stop casting but im just using regular shimmer. Its not like im faceing the wrong way when the cast ends or anything either. It just cancels immediately afterwards regardless of cast time.
Spookytooth

Unread postby Spookytooth Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 am

it seems to be tied to latency.. high latency cause your on the wrong server type means more chance it won't cast
debil

Unread postby debil Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 am

Remove blink symbol. It was bugged, it seems to be so now.
kaNEt

Unread postby kaNEt Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:07 pm

For some reason every time i cast shimmer while hard casting pyroblast it interrupts the cast.
Has anyone else had this issue? It only happens with pyroblast.
1. mb u have /stopcasting macro for pvp
2. you shimmer moving your camera at the angle your mage can't cast to the boss bcz its not in front of him.
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:29 am

I'm having the same issue, agreed it is probably related to cross realm latency, as I have been unable to replicate this in the Order Hall. Does it intermittently in raids. And have had it doing it 100% of the time when in a group for a world boss (spent the entire "fight" trying to figure out wtf could be causing it, terrain, facing, timing etc.)

It's either worse since 7.1.5 or just more noticeable with Ice Floes gone (used to always Ice Floes before hard casting Pyro).
2. you shimmer moving your camera at the angle your mage can't cast to the boss bcz its not in front of him.
This doesn't matter, as long as you are facing the target when the cast completes.

If OP is having the same issue as me the cast is being interrupted as soon as you shimmer with the "Interrupted" error, not at the end of the cast with the "Your target must be in front of you" error.
Whiskeyjack

Unread postby Whiskeyjack Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:23 am

I can confirm this is a latency issue. I play on a US server from the Philippines and have never been able to use shimmer while casting. I get an "Interrupted" error every time.

I submitted a ticket about it a while back and Blizzard basically responded with "Your latency is too high. Sorry."

Wasn't that big of a deal with Ice Floes, but I definitely notice it now...
debil

Unread postby debil Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Guys are you sure that you didn't learn this spell http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56384/arcane-momentum" target="_blank - because I had the very same issue and it happened because of this spell.
Glencoe

Unread postby Glencoe Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:35 am

i don't have momentum glyphed but a latency issue wouldn't be out of the question cause i play with extreme latency. Thanks for all the answers.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 am

I had this issue on M Anomaly (no crossrealm, obviously), but not on other bosses.
No /stopcasting
No glyph
Can obviously turn away from boss, shimmer, then turn to the boss again and cast will complete. (in normal conditions)
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 am

I had this issue on M Anomaly (no crossrealm, obviously), but not on other bosses.
Was it only during the fast time phase?
Thinking it could mean your base latency is coming into play more with such increased cast speeds.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:15 am

In normal phase too.
Frostyspeed

Unread postby Frostyspeed Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:47 am

I havent seen anyone post the real answer so i will go ahead and do so:
Its not a stop casting macro or a line of sight issue like many people here claim.
Its a documented bug where if you play with higher than 100-150 ping, your shimmer will most likely interrupt your cast. Sometimes when you play with sub 100 average ping, you have ping spikes and those can cause shimmer to be interrupted.
I live in the US but play on the EU servers in a mythic raiding guild and I literally cannot get my shimmer not to interrupt my cast since my ping is always 160 MS. It should be fixed soon and blizzard are aware of it.
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Frost Mage Feedback
Ice Nova root break, Ebonbolt line of sight, Shimmer cast interrupt, Water Jet from other Mages, and FoF logging a spellcast should be fixed in an upcoming PTR.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... ?page=2#30" target="_blank

Hopefully this is a general fix for Shimmer, not just for Frost :(
Frostyspeed

Unread postby Frostyspeed Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 am

This is the best thing i've read in a long time, thanks for informing us about the bug fix. Its been irritating me especially since i started playing frost a bit with double ice lance mechanic

Return to “Fire”