Devs & Fire Mages Blue Post Support

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Sonesful

Re: Devs & Fire Mages Blue Post Support

Unread postby Sonesful Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 am

Woot!

Mage
Fire
[With maintenance in each region] Damage of all abilities increased by 6%.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... s-april-17
Definitely progress. Honestly, I don't even care if we're middle of the pack or even bottom-middle of the pack for ST. As long as we're not complete trash tier (like we are right now) I reckon we'd be ok.
Muffelmage

Unread postby Muffelmage Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:29 am

I think 6% is a good ratio. But I would have wished to balance a bit more in the details. E.G. Giving Scorch more attention in buffing, weaken flamestrike, buffing fireball, giving ignite a progressive range for having more burst on low health adds or something like this
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:02 pm

They would feel "we gave them enough" and won't touch fire anymore. That's how I see it.
Thro

Unread postby Thro Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Woot!

Mage
Fire
[With maintenance in each region] Damage of all abilities increased by 6%.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... s-april-17
Its a Christmas miracle!! :D
Before everyone comes in saying it's nothing and we need more, this is a great start showing that blizz at least acknowledges we are lower. However, I personally was hoping for a 2% buff but 6% is just crazy. Time to pop off boyssssss!!!!!!!!!
I completely agree. I wasn't expecting anything until at best 7.2.5, I'm excited that we got some attention at all.
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Enough ? No, while at 913 ilvl I was still behind 900 BM hunters and 860 affli warlocks on a normal NH pug, but it's better than before. To be really competitive we'd need another 5-10% on all our spells, but that would devaluate frost's power, and I don't think the devs want that, so I think that's wall we're going to get for now. But I'm pretty sure we've gone from around last to around middle pack, witch is what I wanted
Cooldownslol

Unread postby Cooldownslol Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Helping spread the word.. Hope

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... =4#post-68" target="_blank

Lore:
Just to clarify: the specs I called out in the original post are those we're planning major rotational/mechanical changes to. We're also planning talent/balance tuning for many other specs (e.g. Fire Mage, Blood DK, others) that don't need a mechanical overhaul but could still use some numbers love.

Is this a joke? The person who originally posted the link tried to say the devs said fire mages are "fine". This quite literally says our rotatio is fine but Fire specifically could use some numbers love.... This is literally the exact opposite of what you and the other person said. Blizzard did not say we were fine, in fact they specifically stated fire mages needs some love/number tweaking. Jesus Christ learn to read.
Rhov

Unread postby Rhov Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 am

Managed to pull some decent numbers tonight, although some tries I had really bad luck (e.g orbs in krosus, suicide in last phase botanist etc). Trilliax went really good though:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6z ... w=rankings" target="_blank

We still need more attention, however the difference is quite noticeable with some decent procs/crits.
Afflik

Unread postby Afflik Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Enough ? No, while at 913 ilvl I was still behind 900 BM hunters and 860 affli warlocks on a normal NH pug, but it's better than before. To be really competitive we'd need another 5-10% on all our spells, but that would devaluate frost's power, and I don't think the devs want that, so I think that's wall we're going to get for now. But I'm pretty sure we've gone from around last to around middle pack, witch is what I wanted
If you got beat by an 860 Aff lock than its a skill issue, not a spec issue. I don't care what spec you are but if you are 50 ilvls higher than someone they should never touch you.
Emmeh

Unread postby Emmeh Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Unless you have a horrible rng run with prices.
Don't trust anything that bleeds for one week and doesn't die.
dhx

Unread postby dhx Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Helping spread the word.. Hope

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... =4#post-68" target="_blank

Lore:
Just to clarify: the specs I called out in the original post are those we're planning major rotational/mechanical changes to. We're also planning talent/balance tuning for many other specs (e.g. Fire Mage, Blood DK, others) that don't need a mechanical overhaul but could still use some numbers love.

Is this a joke? The person who originally posted the link tried to say the devs said fire mages are "fine". This quite literally says our rotatio is fine but Fire specifically could use some numbers love.... This is literally the exact opposite of what you and the other person said. Blizzard did not say we were fine, in fact they specifically stated fire mages needs some love/number tweaking. Jesus Christ learn to read.
Who are you responding to?
Paxtelemanus

Unread postby Paxtelemanus Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 am

I have no idea what you mages are complaining about. I play both Fire and Frost based on what the boss requires and am usually top or top 3 on dps for every boss. Fire is usually the higher one for the AoE fights. I parse in the high 70s-90s on all bosses and have no problem with how fire is tuned at the moment. Nothing honestly needs touched.
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 am

It's okay to disagree with other posters but can we chill it on the posts that only exist to attack other users and offer literally nothing to the conversation at hand? I've cleaned up some of the more pointless posts but let's keep it civil guys.
Sephix

Unread postby Sephix Mon May 08, 2017 5:43 pm

I have no idea what you mages are complaining about. I play both Fire and Frost based on what the boss requires and am usually top or top 3 on dps for every boss. Fire is usually the higher one for the AoE fights. I parse in the high 70s-90s on all bosses and have no problem with how fire is tuned at the moment. Nothing honestly needs touched.
No offense, but except on some fights, if ur mates do 90+ parses, u'll never touch them.

Return to “Fire”