[7.3.5] Fire Mage Compendium, by Ezekielyo

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
gatomon_ca

Re: [7.2.5/7.3] Fire Mage Compendium, by Ezekielyo

Unread postby gatomon_ca Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:46 pm

2 quick questions

Are fire mages only going to be using t21 4pcs?

... if so which tier t21 pieces are good for fire?
Felayo

Unread postby Felayo Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello)
Thanks for amazing guide!

I have a question. How will be fire mages in Antorus? its my favorite spec but in simulations my mage has a 30% lower damage than same geared monk :(

Friends :) I realy need an advice. Can i stay in fire? Or i have to use frost and no other options
flowm0tion

Unread postby flowm0tion Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello)
Thanks for amazing guide!

I have a question. How will be fire mages in Antorus? its my favorite spec but in simulations my mage has a 30% lower damage than same geared monk :(

Friends :) I realy need an advice. Can i stay in fire? Or i have to use frost and no other options
As it stands right now, both Fire and Frost (even Arcane to some extent) look very viable for Antorus. There are different types of fights in the raid which will cater more or less to the specs' different strengths, but over the whole raid it looks like it averages out to reasonable viability.
Krisse

Unread postby Krisse Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Are the http://www.wowhead.com/spell=238055 relics any good?
up

My guess is that they will be pretty good with the new 4pc + kindling+pyrotex gloves?
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Are the http://www.wowhead.com/spell=238055 relics any good?
up

My guess is that they will be pretty good with the new 4pc + kindling+pyrotex gloves?
As someone pointed out to me: They are equal in ST to the other good ones (pyro and ignite dmg ones) but are a lot better than those in multi-target situations.

So this trait basically becomes BiS once you have 4 piece.
Triaca

Unread postby Triaca Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm

can someone you help me with my stats for raid full ST?
idk if I'm doing right

http://prntscr.com/hwgo8b
Paredeslion

Re: [7.3.2] Fire Mage Compendium, by Ezekielyo

Unread postby Paredeslion Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:30 pm

Why are you using meteor instead kindling? In other guides I see always kindling.
By fire be purged!
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Where does it say to use meteor?
Paredeslion

Unread postby Paredeslion Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 pm

In Basics reply: "Meteor - The most standard ST option. Drop a hard hitting ball of molten rock onto someones head for huge initial damage and a "flame patch" esque floor dot. Very simply to use."
By fire be purged!
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Good catch, I've removed that now.
Veígar

Unread postby Veígar Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:54 am

I just started learning about Fire. When you talk about rotation for precast fireball crit, you opt for Fireblast Pyroblast chain, why don't you open up with Phoenix Flames then Pyroblast, then do the Fireblast Pyroblast chain? That way one Phoenix Flames will be on CD for the duration of the Fireblast Pyroblast chain. I'm guessing the reason is that because it's 45 seconds it won't be back up anyway?

If you get a bracer proc during combustion, should you hold it until after combustion is over?

I know I need to hold RoP for Firestarter opener/Combustion, but I also want to hold it for the bracers proc if I can afford it, right? Any other time I should be using it?

I noticed that Phoenix Flames is 45 seconds, if you're using kindling and Combust on CD, you'd never have full stacks of Phoenix Flames, do I wait the few seconds for the last Phoenix Flames?

Having a little trouble understanding when to use Phoenix Flames. Ideally you want to be at 2 charges at all times (even with Firestarter) and have 3 for Combustion/dump it when Combustion is on?

Also, any idea why the cats are super buggy? There are many tricks to deal with cats but a lot of them seem to no longer work in my experience. I'd place a Ring of Frost around me, a cat will get incapacitated right in front of me, and I'll still get one shot. Same with being at max range and shimmering, I won't be anywhere near where the cat lands, but when it does land, I'll get hit by it and die. I remember I used to be able to take all the Grevious Leaps from Archdruid Glaidalis from DHT without taking damage. Fenryr's Leap in HoV is still working 100% of the time, and the wolves most of the time. Ursol's Vortex works, but if you're too close when it leaps but gets pulled back, you'll still take damage instantly.

You mentioned Engineering. Frag Belt and Cobalt Frag Bomb share the same CD, I'm pretty sure. So you don't get 2 extra AoE interrupts, just one.
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:31 pm

I just started learning about Fire. When you talk about rotation for precast fireball crit, you opt for Fireblast Pyroblast chain, why don't you open up with Phoenix Flames then Pyroblast, then do the Fireblast Pyroblast chain? That way one Phoenix Flames will be on CD for the duration of the Fireblast Pyroblast chain. I'm guessing the reason is that because it's 45 seconds it won't be back up anyway?
Exactly. You're main goal is to fit as many instants into combustion as possible every time it's off cd.
If you get a bracer proc during combustion, should you hold it until after combustion is over?
If you can fit it in combustion, cast it. If not, try to fit in more instant casts and then cast the pyro asap once combustion ends.
I know I need to hold RoP for Firestarter opener/Combustion, but I also want to hold it for the bracers proc if I can afford it, right? Any other time I should be using it?
The only time you would hold rop for a bracer proc is when you run meteor/CiS since you can afford to spend 1 RoP inbetween combustions. By this logic, you also want to save meteor for it aswell. It is ok to delay the RoP provided you can get meteor in your next combustion (should have around a 15 second window or so).
I noticed that Phoenix Flames is 45 seconds, if you're using kindling and Combust on CD, you'd never have full stacks of Phoenix Flames, do I wait the few seconds for the last Phoenix Flames?
There is a trait in the weapon which gives you a chance per ignite tick to reduced the cd by 10 seconds (i think it's called phoenix reborn?). These procs will get your PF stacks back in time almost 100% of the time.
Having a little trouble understanding when to use Phoenix Flames. Ideally you want to be at 2 charges at all times (even with Firestarter) and have 3 for Combustion/dump it when Combustion is on?
Yes, although you may use them while moving also depending on the encounter. It's a judgement call .
Also, any idea why the cats are super buggy? There are many tricks to deal with cats but a lot of them seem to no longer work in my experience. I'd place a Ring of Frost around me, a cat will get incapacitated right in front of me, and I'll still get one shot. Same with being at max range and shimmering, I won't be anywhere near where the cat lands, but when it does land, I'll get hit by it and die. I remember I used to be able to take all the Grevious Leaps from Archdruid Glaidalis from DHT without taking damage. Fenryr's Leap in HoV is still working 100% of the time, and the wolves most of the time. Ursol's Vortex works, but if you're too close when it leaps but gets pulled back, you'll still take damage instantly.
Archdruid Glaidalis always hits you regardless if you blink. I believe it's always been this way.

As you said, the cats damage can be applied at a much further range then their model location. If you are dying with RoF infront of you, you are simply too close to it, they are being cc'ed after their damage has gone off.

You mentioned Engineering. Frag Belt and Cobalt Frag Bomb share the same CD, I'm pretty sure. So you don't get 2 extra AoE interrupts, just one.
They do not. Belt is a separate entity to "bombs" and therefore do not share the same CD. Unless this has been patched recently, it should be correct.
Veígar

Unread postby Veígar Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Yes, although you may use them while moving also depending on the encounter. It's a judgement call .
As movement filler? It seems like it'd be a big loss as opposed to using Combustion+RoP unless you mean either the fight will end before you get that window or you move too much to use it in that situation.
Archdruid Glaidalis always hits you regardless if you blink. I believe it's always been this way.

As you said, the cats damage can be applied at a much further range then their model location. If you are dying with RoF infront of you, you are simply too close to it, they are being cc'ed after their damage has gone off.
I ran a 19-21 Tyrannical and I blinked all Grevious Leaps except one where it bugged out and I got one shot even though I wasn't under him when it landed. This was a while ago/maybe last M+ season. I know an Rdruid who I talked to this season use displacer beast sometimes to avoid it but the cd isn't short enough for him to spam it.

Ah, I thought CC would stop them from doing damage where they are. I didn't know the damage is still expected to travel for a distance because I've seen hunters place traps pretty close in front of them and they don't take damage so I figured placing a RoF around my feet would also work.

Not to mention, I experienced the blink bug in a 22-23 HoV the other day on Hymdall where I blinked out, then I watch static field start to get cast on the platform I was on, then I lose half my health as if I was still there. Happens rarely but it's annoying when it does. I've seen threads about it on Blizzard forums.
They do not. Belt is a separate entity to "bombs" and therefore do not share the same CD. Unless this has been patched recently, it should be correct.
You're correct, I had an Engineering friend test it out. I was reading on Wowhead and I was seeing that the frag belt casts Cobalt Frag Bomb (it's a different ability but the same name). Is there a way to macro the Frag belt and Cobalt Frag Bomb together to use one if the other is on CD? Wowhead says you can't, but I'm not sure if you found a way?

You recommend 1 raid boss for 2 min for ST even for high keys/tyran? Also, when you say 4 mobs for 1 min for AoE, do I use raid boss or 4 heroic dungeon mobs?

I want to practice one of your M+ builds (specifically the carpet bombing, but with Flame On instead of Alextraza because as you said, dragon's breath in high keys is usually held as an AoE Interrupt). For AoE, as you said, it would be prepot, RoP -> Combust -> Phoenix Flames -> Fireblast -> Flamestrike chain. But I'm not sure how to open on boss fights, I assume it would be like raiding, but is it just RoP/CiS rotation and just ignore the CiS casts that you put in? And why do you not hardcast Pyro in those openers (if tanks give a 5 sec pull timer it should be enough time for the precast, if 3 I'd use fireball). When do you want to use the 2nd RoP since you said to use it at 90% but there's no Firestarter?

What's the difference between casting Phoenix Flames -> Fireblast -> Flamestrike and casting Fireblast -> Phoenix Flames -> Flamestrike? I was watching Imfiredup do the latter in a video, is it just preference what order you do it in?

If my pyro fits during combustion window, that means I'd have extra Phoenix Flames charges, I assume I just hold them and just float one when I get 3 unless Combustion is about to come up?

Return to “Fire”