Combustion Technique - Tick compression

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Azo

Re: Combustion Technique - Tick compression

Unread postby Azo Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:49 am

That is mostly correct with 1 exception: the spread from B to A will not add the 200K to A. It will be a single tick for 800K.

The issue is that with how ignite works right now, A is usually "400K ticking 3 times for 1200K". Going from 400K to 1200K is where it gets really scary.
Ok. Thank you.

Ignite on target A will be based on one less pyroblast.

PoM-pyro target B
Get out of AT
Cast 3 pryoblasts on target A
Inferno blast target B
Combustion target A.

If I don't do tick compression the inferno blast on target B would've been a pryoblast on target A (likely the pyroblast right before getting out of AT). Ideally the ignite wil be three times higher due to compression but based on 1 less pyroblast.

Right or wrong?

Edit: A:s and B:s are hard.
Edit2: Nevermind, it's to easy to push when you're supposed to think, push, talk. If it's too easy to push I spend too little energy on thinking. While I inferno blast another pyroblast will have time to land. I would anyway have used a global for armor swap in singl-target. More thinking less pushing in future.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Yes, you triple your ignite value at the cost of 1 pyro into target A.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Slideroh

Unread postby Slideroh Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Still work on live(5.4), or fixated? ;)
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Works, and will most likely keep working until 6.0
Owner of Altered Time.

Kaidien

Unread postby Kaidien Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Should totally emphasize or bold in the main post on having the crit for it. It's a lot harder to do when you are gemmed mastery for arcane :/ as getting a 3rd hot streak in AT with the pom after it is what will really bring out the damage in in following the dumping the pyros after the AT.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Should totally emphasize or bold in the main post on having the crit for it. It's a lot harder to do when you are gemmed mastery for arcane :/ as getting a 3rd hot streak in AT with the pom after it is what will really bring out the damage in in following the dumping the pyros after the AT.
It's almost like there's a sign outside the "Fire Mage" roller coaster saying "Your crit must be this higher to ride." :twisted:

The ideal case seems to be first POM pyro crits, so you can do Pyro (Crit) -> AT -> Pyro (Crit) -> Pyro (Crit) for 3 proc boosted pyros, before you use IB for cleaving.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Tyddus

Unread postby Tyddus Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:03 am

Are most of you still running mage armour or swapping back to molten for this? I was running this on a dummy last night with some much better mages them myself and pulled off with mage armour the burst was insane. 1.6 Mil ignites without skull banner or lock debuff.
Trustbucket

Unread postby Trustbucket Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:26 am

Are most of you still running mage armour or swapping back to molten for this? I was running this on a dummy last night with some much better mages them myself and pulled off with mage armour the burst was insane. 1.6 Mil ignites without skull banner or lock debuff.
ofc, why not if it such a big portion of your damage?
Trustbucket

Unread postby Trustbucket Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:36 am

Isn't that obvious? If someone couldn't make that deduction from their own intuition, they shouldn't be doing this trick anyway.
Kaidien

Unread postby Kaidien Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:22 am

It's almost like there's a sign outside the "Fire Mage" roller coaster saying "Your crit must be this higher to ride." :twisted:

The ideal case seems to be first POM pyro crits, so you can do Pyro (Crit) -> AT -> Pyro (Crit) -> Pyro (Crit) for 3 proc boosted pyros, before you use IB for cleaving.
Yeah :P was just throwing it out there to those who want to try the trick during their raid and are like arcane main spec or frost main spec and aren't necessarily gemmed for crit. So if they'd want to swap their spec over just for like protectors or shamans that they should have the "proper" warning.
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Unread postby voltaa Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:01 am

Yeah :P was just throwing it out there to those who want to try the trick during their raid and are like arcane main spec or frost main spec and aren't necessarily gemmed for crit. So if they'd want to swap their spec over just for like protectors or shamans that they should have the "proper" warning.
That's if anyone even plays Arcane or Frost anymore, which after learning this I highly doubt people will, the level of dps this puts put makes the other specs essentially worthless at this point. It'd be like a lock not playing affliction, why even bring them to raid?
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 am

That's if anyone even plays Arcane or Frost anymore, which after learning this I highly doubt people will, the level of dps this puts put makes the other specs essentially worthless at this point. It'd be like a lock not playing affliction, why even bring them to raid?
It only works on a few fights though right? I mean, it would be impossible to do on fights like IJ, Malk, Immerseus, Sha, probably nazgrim, etc
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:01 am

It only works on fights where there's an add within inferno blast range for the first like 20 seconds of the fight. Which is only like 3-4 fights in SoO
Owner of Altered Time.

Haunted

Unread postby Haunted Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello, here's a quick video of what I produced 9 beers deep. I had buffs but still, cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNPk8K ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank
2.79 million ignite with 1.17 million combustion ticks

Haunted - Nightmare Asylum
Last edited by Haunted on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:02 pm

It only works on fights where there's an add within inferno blast range for the first like 20 seconds of the fight. Which is only like 3-4 fights in SoO
Has anybody actually produced logs of this trick working effectively, leading to super ranks? Also I can think of more than 3-4 bosses, but it depends on how much you want to actually pad. Some bosses definitely need some sort of setup.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Has anybody actually produced logs of this trick working effectively, leading to super ranks? Also I can think of more than 3-4 bosses, but it depends on how much you want to actually pad. Some bosses definitely need some sort of setup.

They need to be up during all your trinkets as well. TFP, shamans, and paragon are the easy ones. The rest require the rest of the raid to not hit adds at all or to bring trash to the boss.
Owner of Altered Time.

voltaa
Staff emeritus

Unread postby voltaa Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:27 pm

If you only do 2 pyros rather than the 3 you SHOULD be able to do this on garrosh as well, if you can convince a DK to grip a single nazgrim add out of the initial AOE you could do it.
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Exodus

Unread postby Exodus Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:09 am

I understand the principle behind it, but I am having a difficult time pulling this off effectively. Im in 587 close to bis gear... I created a mouse over macro to speed things up as well.

/target [@mouseover,harm]
/use [nomod]Pyroblast;[mod:ctrll]Inferno Blast
/targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm]

I have tried 5 times so far.
wuvius

Unread postby wuvius Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:55 am

I understand the principle behind it, but I am having a difficult time pulling this off effectively. Im in 587 close to bis gear... I created a mouse over macro to speed things up as well.

Took a lot more than 5 tries for me to get it down, spent like 2k gold just repairing from killing myself to reset lust :P Try it more
Exodus

Unread postby Exodus Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:58 am

Took a lot more than 5 tries for me to get it down, spent like 2k gold just repairing from killing myself to reset lust :P Try it more
I'm still trying :/
Oh and Don't kill yourself, Just run over to Mogu CM and start/reset the instance :P

Return to “Fire”